Other Hair Conditioners:
BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum

BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum

Pros

Cons

BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum makes my curly frizzy hair work!

My hair is naturally curly and frizzy. On humid days my hair looks like a mini puff ball. Drives me crazy, well ever since high school the only thing that works with my hair is BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum! I put it in my hair on the ends before I blow dry then again after its dry. My hair not only looks 100% better after using this product, my hair also smells WONDERFUL! It smells sweet, but not over powering. I would recommend this to anyone with corse hair, or curly, I even use it when I curl my hair to make it feel softer and have a softer bounce. Its not heavy and really makes a big difference. All of my friends use this, my friend was the one that showed this to me in high school when everyone was into straightening hair. I still use it and have it sitting on my vanity right this second used it this morning and will use it tomorrow! Love love love it! Please give this a try if you have rough or split ends as well! Not to mention the shine from this product, makes you look like you have salon styled hair every day!

BioSilk Started The Trend

BioSilk Therapy Serum is a cult favorite. I can remember times when every store was sold out of it. When I finally scored a bottle I couldn't wait to try it.  At that time I was washing and blow-drying my hair every day.  I also color it every 3 weeks or so.  My hair is slightly wavy and fine, but I have a lot of fine hair!  I rarely have problems with frizz, but in the dry weather I definitely struggle with static and fly-aways.  I was so looking forward to seeing my shoulder length hair swing from side to side and then land in a sheath.  I need to stop watching Pantene commercials.  Having been warned, I used just a tiny amount.  I tried using it before I dried it and I ended up with lank strands.  No shine, no swing, no bounce.  I tried using it after drying it and instead of producing smooth, shiny strands, my hair was piece-y and oily looking.  I had sheen, not shine.  I much prefer a dry oil for my hair such as Moroccan Hair Oil which I use before I blow dry and leaves my hair with an amazing softness, but still feels full and holds a style.  It is almost impossible to use too much of the Moroccan Hair Oil, but it is expensive to do so.

Made my hair look like an oily mess

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

I bought this to help with fly away hair after flat ironing and blow drying. I live in Florida and the humidity really can make my hair look frizzy and dull. I wanted something that would smooth the frizz but also add some shine. I think my expectations were too high for this product, because it seemed to do the opposite of what I was looking for. I only used a dime sized amount on my damp hair and my hair still looked like a greasy mess after I was done styling. It looked like I had not even washed my hair because it was so oily looking.
This product is really just too heavy for my hair, even if I hardly use any. My hair is thin, and fine and this serum really weighed it down.

This product just did not work well for my thin hair. I think it would work much better for people with thick, curly hair. My hair absorbed this product and made my hair look very oily.

The scent was great, just as all BioSilk products are. I have no complaints on the scent at all.

bio silk is amazing

from hastings, FL

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

I have very curly, frizzy, dry hair. I have spent years trying to find products who will hydrate my hair but not leave it oily feeling. Bio silk has done the charm. It is a serum you put in your hair while wet. A small amount in the cup of your hands. work through from the roots to scalp. This serum leaves my hair so soft, none of that crispy curls stuff. The smell is wonderful with a light scent. I honestly have no idea what the scent is. The hydration my hair gets is amazing and it has cut my frizziness down by at least half. The serum can be pricey but I think its worth it for my hair looking nice. You really only need a small amount of the bio silk serum to do the job. It is sold in target, i have also found it at marshells and t.j max as well. Pros are soft hair, hydration for dry or damaged hair and way less frizz for us curly haired woman and men. Give it a try and you will never go back to your old products

love it

love it

I love these serum for my frizz and detangling.

from West Virginia

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

I bought this with a gift set at my favorite beauty supply store. I have trouble getting my hair detangled sometimes. My hair is over three feet long so when it tangles, it gets in serious knots and matts. This serum has been a hair saver. The serum is a bit oily but if you are careful to just use a tiny amount, about the size of drop of water, at a time it goes on smoothly without making me oily and greasy. I can detangle and smooth my hair effortlessly with this serum.

Sometimes I put a couple drops of this directly on my hair brush and then brush through my hair slowly to detangle. This also calms my flyaway pieces and new hair growth so that it isn't frizzy and full of static. I'm very happy with this serum. I just have to be careful to remember that a little goes a long way. I can apply this wet or dry. It has an okay smell to it but it's not amazing. It's soft scented but it is fruity or floral like many of my hair products.

It goes onto my wet or dry hair to tame it down. It helps me get my brush or comb through so easily because it detangles on contact. I think this has saved me many hair pulling sessions and saved me from breaking my hair as much when it tangles and knots.

It has an okay scent. It's soft and not really strong. It has an oily smell to it though.

Doesn't Work for Me

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

I, too, have been mesmerized by the shiny, swinging hair of beautiful hair models in the commercials. I have a lot of long wavy hair, but it is not particularly coarse or thick. I live in humid South Florida, and it is a challenge to keep my hair looking as sleek and smooth as it does in the bathroom mirror. After reading many, many rave reviews of BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum, I picked up a bottle at the hair dresser's.

No matter which way I apply the product, to damp or to dry hair, it seems to leave my hair a sticky, stringy mess. I've tried applying less than the recommended amount, even though my hair is nearly to my waist. I've tried allowing it to air dry, and I've blown it dry. I apply it only to the ends of my hair and underneath, and then work the product through the rest of my hair with a brush. Nothing so far has worked to achieve the results on those shiny-haired models. I guess my hair is just not thick and unruly enough to benefit from this product.

For awhile, I tried using the product as a skin lotion, as some beauty aficionados swear to, but it didn't absorb very well. I finally gave it to a friend.

For me, this product does not work at all as advertised.

The scent is very nice, but I have noticed an alcohol odor that disappears once it evaporates.

BioSilk silk therapy serum

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

Love this serum! It is so light and does not leave a greasy look or feel. This serum left my hair shiny and soft, I also like the scent its somewhat of a clean scent. I constantly am straightening my hair so from time to time it looks dry and brittle this product transformed my hair adding a beautiful shine making my hair look healthy.

Great leave in serum!

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

About My Hair: I have naturally straight, medium texture, dark brown hair. It is medium length, and I am currently growing it out. I no longer have dyed or damaged hair, right now it's my natural color.

Information on the product: It comes in a 12 oz bottle. It is meant to be a heat protectant, that makes your hair shiny, rebuilds the strength in your hair, repair split ends, and leaves your hair feeling light without any build up.

My Review: I originally heard about the Biosilk Silk Therapy from my sister, I would always see her repurchase this product, so I thought I would have to try it for myself. I ended up loving this product just as much as she does. This is one of my favorite hair serums. I prefer serums and oils over regular leave in conditioners. It makes my hair feel so soft and light, while making it extremely shiny and conditioned. I love that it protects your hair from heat and UV rays. I've noticed how much healthier my hair is, I have minimal split ends, if any at all. The ends of my hair aren't dry anymore, and my hair seems to be growing out healthy. I feel like this strengthens your hair, instead of coating it. It really seems to have refilled up any missing protein in my hair that I had.

The only downside about the Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum is that it's on the pricey side. But it's worth it because the bottle is 12 oz and it will last you quite awhile.

I noticed results the first time I used this in my hair. It leaves my hair soft and silky without being weighed down. My hair is a lot healthier after using this for a few months. I've noticed a lot less split ends, and my hair feels a lot stronger as well. It repairs your hair while protecting it.

The Biosilk silk therapy serum has a very neutral scent to it, it smells like you've just stepped out of a salon but it's not a very strong long lasting scent.

get one today

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

leaves hair silky, not greasy or sticky and smells good. One of the best on the market today I highly recommend using this product. The serum does come in a small bottle but you don't need to use a lot to get the look you want. I recommend using it on damp hair which seemd to work the best does me. but everybody hair us differrnt so you can figure or work best for you and stick to that.

Not greasy

The smell last for while which is a plus I my book. I sometimes can still smell it in my hair the next day. "2 thumbs up"

Great at reducing frizz!

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

I have color treated hair that is very thick and prone to frizz. I was looking for something to make my hair more manageable and soothe this frizz.

I love using this product because it makes my hair shinier; It also reduces frizz and the appearance of split ends. It seems to add moisture to my hair and prevent it from looking dry and damaged. At the same time, it is not heavy or greasy and actually feels lightweight upon application. I usually use this after the shower on slightly damp hair, which makes my hair smoother and easier to style the next day.

Although this product is a little more expensive than drugstore oils, a little goes a long way and only a bit needs to be used at one time to still be effective.

I have tried other similar products on the market and nothing compares to Biosilk. I recommend it for all hair lengths, color treated hair, frizzy, or damaged hair.

I cannot detect much of a scent with this product.

Great for frizz; don't overdo it

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum was the first smoothing product I used to help contain the frizziness that my curly/wavy hair is prone to. It hadn't really occurred to me that I could control it once my hair was dry, but this product made the difference. The tiniest amount worked between my hands and used to smooth down the top layer of hair makes it much more managable, less prone to frizz, and more sleek and professional-looking overall.

The amount that you use is really key. It takes a while of using it to appreciate just how little you need. I'm not usually a "less is more" person when it comes to product use, but if you use too much of this, you'll know - your hair will look greasy and be weighed down by the product. Just try a tiny dot in your hand and work it through your hair or on the top layer; you can always add more, but it's really hard to correct if you've already used too much.

Good but pricey

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum:

I tried BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum a few years back and it really worked good on my hair to help make it soft and not so frizzy. I used to have very straight hair and to my disappointment after I had my daughter my hair turned curly. I wanted my smooth straight hair back. Well at the time the BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum was the only product on the market that actually helped me achieve this. All you do Is put a small amount of the serum into your hand an smooth it into your hair starting at the ends and working up through the roots and you can use it on wet or dry hair. The only problem I gave had with the BioSilk Silk Therapy Serum is getting the right amount to put in. There have been a few times when I have put too much and it made my hair greasy and that was not good because I was in a hurry and could not wash my hair. The only downfall with this serum is that it is kind of expensive but luckily you only need a drop and it will last for s while.