Other Sodas & Beverages:
Tea
Bigelow
Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon

Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon

My Great Tasting "Accidental Purchase"

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon:

When I want to spoil myself in the winter I usually buy specialty teas; Bigelow is one of the mass produced premium teas that I buy and there are certain flavors that I absolutely love. Normally I get the regular green tea but last year I grabbed the green tea with lemon and didn't realize it until I had opened the box, boiled the water and it was steeping in my cup. The lemon isn't overpowering but you can't miss it when you are drinking it. For me it was a complete turn off; I drink my tea with just an artificial sweetener (no milk) but I never add lemon to it.

Since I had already opened the box and used one of the bags I couldn't return it to exchange it for the regular green tea so it sat in the cabinet for a couple of months. When the warmer weather arrived and I started making iced tea I got the idea to try using these tea bags to make iced green tea; since I do add a couple of slices of fresh lemon to the iced tea that I brew for myself I was curious to see if it would have the same taste. It wasn't bad but I knew that if I added a slice of fresh lemon and a wedge of lime I could easily convert it to a refreshing yet light citrus tea.

Even though I won't make hot tea with this, it is a nice bagged tea to have for making iced citrus tea. It has a lighter taste than using black tea or orange pekoe tea and if you allow it to come to room temperature after steeping and cooling it won't get cloudy. I am the only person in the house that will drink it so I usually don't make a huge batch of it unless I am having friends over and I know that they like the taste of it. You can get this in several different sized boxes and the bags are individually wrapped to protect the flavor.

Another Great Tea from Bigelow

Comments about Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon:

I love trying the different teas that Bigelow makes, and green tea with lemon is one of my favorites. I started drinking regular green tea for the health benefits, and I actually got a little bored with the taste, the green tea with lemon really changes up the flavor, and I think it tastes great!

My Bigelow Green Tea Review

Comments about Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon:

i love Bigelow green tea with lemon. I enjoy this tea every morning with 2 teaspoon of sugar, and there is nothing else like it. Its sweet with a little bit of sour and that amazing green tea taste. no other tea can compare to the amazing taste of bigelow green tea with lemon, And it has 100% all natural ingredients.

Light Flavor and Healthy, Too

from Spring Hill, FL

Comments about Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon:

I think green tea is an acquired taste. I have tried several and found that Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon is the best one in the supermarket. It's fairly low in caffeine, 25-50 mg. per serving. It's also one of the healthier beverages you can drink because it has lots of antioxidants. I prefer not to add anything to the tea. It has a nice light, lemon flavor and I find it a very enjoyable tea.

Bigelow Green Tea doesn't thrill me

from Hayfield, MN

Comments about Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon:

Being health conscious I drink two to four cups of green tea per day. I have tried several kinds of green teas and and feel this one has a bit of a bitter taste compared to many.

I am careful not to boil the water before seeping the tea bag. I have tried taking the bag out sooner and leaving it in longer. I have tried it with sweeteners like honey or Stevia and nothing really take away the bitterness I detect.

I know there was a Bigelow Tea I loved once upon a time but I am thinking it was not a green tea. I will keep trying the various varieties though, just in case I find that one again!

great tasting and mild

from La Porte, IN

Comments about Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon:

i love trying new things especially on drinking green teas being  cancer striken before. I found green tea helpful so it's part of my daily drinking habit. I have tried different kinds back then from my country Philippines. this products really captivated my taste, they are mild and gentle. This tea is never been out from my kitchen cabinets since then

Taste like a fresh squeezed lemon in my tea.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Bigelow - Green Tea with Lemon:

I normally wouldn't drink a lemon tea but I received a free box of **Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon **in the mail.  Who said nothing's free in life?

The first thing I like about this tea is that the tea bags are are individually wrapped in foil packets.  Most people that drink tea prefer individually wrapped tea bags over the way Celestial Seasonings does it, which is throw all the tea bags in a box surrounded by wax paper.  Individually wrapped tea bags insures that the tea will last longer and stay fresher.

**Onto the taste...**The only reason why I didn't give this tea 5 stars is because, I am not a big lemon tea drinker.  Lemon is a little too boring for me.  I like strong minty teas, or bold fruity teas like berries or mandarin.  I do have to say that if I did like lemon tea, this one would be great.  The lemon flavor is very fresh and ripe; it tastes like a cup of green tea with the juice of a ripe lemon squeezed into it.  People who do enjoy lemon tea are sure to like **Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon.**

Ingredients: green tea, lemon peel, natural flavor (soy lethicin)

**The Scoop!**

For a free box of tea, this wasn't bad at all.  I wouldn't buy it myself, but that is only because I don't particularly like lemon tea.  I would recommend it to anyone that does enjoy lemon tea though.