2.6
Products
Bidz.com

Bidz.com

2.6

A great place to buy if you are familiar with quality pieces.

Jewlery Junky!!

Jewlery Junky!!

Yes I like quality and it can be found on Bidz.com. I just love the site. Almost everything purchased I have been thrilled with. 99.9% of all items are exactly as stated. If you are a savvy jewelry shopper then this is the site for you. I recently purchased two sets of diamond earrings for my daughters for Christmas. One set was 1 ct., the other 1-1/2 ct. I purchased them at approximately 1/10 of the original compare price in which case most compare prices are slightly high but still got a fantastic price. Recently I saw TV advertisements for the same exact earrings from both Zales and Gordons for the 1ct. earrings at a sale price of $799.99 with a black friday special of $200 less bringing them to $599.99. Their best price is much higher than my auction price paid. When I went into the mall stores and looked at the same earrings, the quality of the diamonds were not as good as the diamond earrings I purchased from Bidz. Once again I know what a great deal I got. Always try to be informed before purchasing jewelry and read descriptions about whether its gold or gold plated (gold over silver) and whether the stones are genuine or created. Don't go by what the size looks like from the picture. Inform yourself with carat weight and gram weight so you can make an informed decision. Learn about diamond quality and gem quality before purchasing.

To the other reviewer that had disappointing experiences, perhaps you got caught up in the excitement of on-line bidding and didn't take the time to really understand and read descriptions of the item(s) you were bidding on. I do agree there can be occasion where items come through that are not as stated. I had just a situation recently where I purchase 1 ct. princess cut diamond earrings. The picture is the same over and over again regardless of how many sets are auctioned off. The picture is not of the actual set but to show you what a 1 ct. princess cut set of earrings look like. When I received this particular set, I was sadly disappointed. The quality and workmanship of the diamonds were extremely poor. I sat down and wrote a two page letter together with documentation of what quality cutting should look like and explained in detail the discrepencies. I also informed them that all money should be returned included seller fees and shipping/handling. After their review, I was returned all money and fees -- no hassles. If you know what you are talking about you shouldn't have any problems. Again the key, is being informed and should you have an item that does come through that isn't as stated -- let them know through documentation that you know what you are talking about and you should get results. Other than that enjoy shopping on this wonderful site. Oh and just to inform you I too will be bidding against you! LOL -- Good Luck

Bidders Beware!

While trolling the wonderful world of cyber sites, I came across Bidz.com. Its a flashy online bidding site. Plenty of merchandise and new bids starting every 15 seconds.

The...Read complete review

The display of sparkling, expensive looking, glittering jewelry caught my eye. I was looking at 16 different pieces of jewelry all up for bid. Numbers were flashing, prices rising higher and higher as the timer counted down another 15 seconds. 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,...........bam! another bid came in and the timer started the 15 second countdown again. It was mesmerizing; looking at the pictures, reading the wonderful descriptions and seeing the "retail price" for each piece of jewelry made me want to win. I could win big, resell and make a bundle of money. That was my plan anyway.

A particular ring caught my eye. It  was a "stunning" diamond ring, 3 carat total weight,set in white gold. A little too much for my particular taste, but Bidz.com displayed it clearly that this ring was worth $22,000 retail! This was going to be my big fish. I placed a maximum bid and sat back and watched as the numbers kept climbing. The countdown timer kept jumping back to 15 seconds everytime a new bid came in. I was on an adrenaline high. Oh no! Someone outbid me! Quickly I made another bid, and another.....noone was going to beat me. Finally, FINALLY I won! After a total of  210 bids,  I had won the "stunning" $22,000 diamond ring.

My package came a week later and I opened it with anticipation. One look at the diamonds, and I knew this was not what they had advertised it to be. The naked eye could see serious flaws in the stones. I took it to a reputable jeweler and had him appraise it. He took one look and pushed my hand away. "How much did you pay for this? " I looked at him quizzically and told him how much. He shook his head and handed me back my "spectacular" prize. " Its worthless. The diamonds are fused, chipped, cracked, cloudy. Sorry hon." "Well, how much would you give me for this ring?" I asked. "Nothing, I wouldn't buy that ring, I could never sell it or use it. Its what we call in the trade, diamond dust."  I tentatively pulled out another "fabulous, labor intensive"  necklace that I also won. It was filled with pearls, diamonds, rubies and emeralds. Bidz.com had it appraised at $8000 retail. He wouldn't even look at me and handed it back. "They are all man made gems, cloudy and poor quality." With tears in my eyes I took my great prizes and headed home. I had been ripped off royally and out alot of money'.Alot. (And,no, I won't tell you how much.)

Luckily, after much forceful assertiveness, they said they would honor their return policy only after they had it appraised. They said they would refund my money, minus shipping charges, insurance costs and restocking fees. I asked them how they could morally do this? Where was their integrity?   I didn't get much response. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I see some of  my money. Otherwise, I am out a considerable amount of money with no merchandise in my hand.

I wanted to get this out there to the public so noone gets ripped off like I did. I wouldn't have put any stars in the ratings, but they made me.

Please be very careful if you get on this site. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Stay away from this website.

Comments about Bidz.com:

All I can say is stay far far away from this website.
Couple weeks ago, I bought a diamond ring and the retail price showed on the website is 15000. I won the action for 1200. I thought that's a really good bargain. When I received my ring, I knew something is wrong. It's not shinny at all, looks like a piece of plastic. I brought the ring to the jewelry shop and they tell me that the quality is sucks. It's a real diamond but probably not worth 1200. The cutting wasn't good, really cloudy and have lots of impurity.
I will never ever buy anything from this website. So, if you are smart, stay away from Bid.com!!!

You want jewelry? Bidz is where it is.

from Flora, IL

Comments about Bidz.com:

I have shopped Bidz for jewelry for many years.  I'm not sure when Bidz first became available for auctions, but I have always suspected that I must have started pretty close to the beginning.  I used to be able to find 14k jewelry for under $5.00, on occasion, and there were many pieces that I bought for $1.00 simply because there were no other bidders.  At that time, shipping on the first item was $8.00, with each subsequent item shipped for $3.00.  It was not unusual at all for me to purchase 10 items at a time, and these stocked my "gifts" closet very well.  In those early days, individuals had either 5 days or a week to pay for won bids, so I would pay once a week and get $3.00 shipping on all but one item.  I never had to return an item, although it is possible to do that.

Now the shipping is considerably more, there's something like a 48-hour time period for making payment on won bids before they're resold, and they've added some kind of a surcharge in the form of a percentage of the total sale.  I must admit, I miss the good old days of really great bargains.  While I occasionally go to Bidz to see what's available, I seldom win a bid.  I think it's because there are so many more bidders, these days.

One word of caution.   The suggested retail prices given on the site are pretty ridiculous.  I made it a rule never (okay, only very rarely) to pay more than 10% of the suggested retail.  If there's not a suggested retail value listed, then it's probably a piece of costume jewelry, and you should keep that in mind when deciding to bid.

The biggest mistake I made when bidding was to bid $1.00 on a pearl choker from overseas.  It didn't occur to me to check the cost of shipping, which can be much higher than standard.  If that is the case, it is clearly indicated at the bottom of the enlarged photograph of the item, but you have to be conscientous about scrolling down the page to check.  I guess I thought it was $1.00, it was a bargain regardless.  The shipping was close to $20.00!  And when I received the choker, it was of very low quality, with little nacre coating the obviously plastic beads.

The best purchase I made was a diamond solitaire surrounded by smaller diamonds.  I forget the exact carat weight, but it was over half a carat, VS, G color.  I paid less than $300.00 for that one, it is absolutely gorgeous, and I wear it all the time.

So, as in all things, let the buyer beware!  Don't let the urgency to bid get to you unless you have completely read the description and know what you're getting.  If you miss on an item, do a search for the same thing and you'll often find an identical item being auctioned at a later time.

Bidders Beware!

from Perkasie, PA

Comments about Bidz.com:

It's a gamble to shop on bidz.com

from Monterey, CA

Comments about Bidz.com:

I bought a "Remedy Comfort Touch Memory Foam Pillow" through Bidz.com, and was highly disappointed. The shipping cost was outrageous, and the pillow itself is not at all like real memory foam, more like a cheap immitation. I must say that i have bought a couple of nice rings from Bidz.com, but that was over 5 years ago. I would not risk it again.

Great auctions for cheap jewelery

from Houston, TX

Comments about Bidz.com:

Just wanted to tell everyone about bidz.com.  It's a great auction site for various items, but mainly jewelery.  The shipping is high, but it's almost worth it for the great deals you can get on all kinds of jewelery. Even my wedding set came from there!

Beware

from 430157075

Comments about Bidz.com:

Beware of this site.  I started shopping here several years ago and have not been impressed at all.  The quality of the merchandise is terrible.  I bid on a jade bracelet that based on the pictures and the "compare at price" should have been a nice piece.  But when I received the bracelet it was very light weight, almost to the point of feeling like it was made of plastic not sterling sliver.  Some of the jade pieces had very visible flaws.  When I complained they basically told me "tough luck".  So if you are looking into buying jewelry from Bidz use extreme caution.  I never went back.  And now there is a website "ioffer.com" that is not an auction that I have tried with some success and would recommend.

Horrible Customer relations

from Seal Beach, CA

Comments about Bidz.com:

Bidz e-mailed me a coupon for $10 off and free shipping on my next order using the code "WelcomeBack10".

I tried using the coupon on an item I won but it didn't work. I called customer service and they said the coupon was only for new customers. So I asked, why did you send it to me? and why do you call it "Welcome Back" if it's only for new customers?

The rep was peeved that I was questioning him further and eventually claimed, it works for some current customers but not for me. And they sent the coupon to everyone even if they won't work.

When I pointed out that's not good customer relations, he pointed out that he'd be happy to cancel my account - which I accepted.

Watch who you talk to

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Bidz.com:

If you don't speak foriegn languages beware. I wanted an item sent next day and contacted the number on the web site to make sure this could happen. I spoke to a woman of foriegn descent and had to repeat my wishes over and over. She told me that I would have to pay a $34 up charge which I agreed to do. I ordered the watch on Tuesday and although I paid for next day they told me the watch would be delivered on Thrusday due to processing. I agreed to do it anyway. Well it is now Wednesday of the following week and the watch that was suppose to be here last Thursday has still not even been shipped. I have called customer service and gotten the run around. They did take the charge off my bill for next day shipping how generous since they screwed up my gift for my girl friends fifty'th birthday and made me look like a heal. I would not recommend this company.

Another BEWARE & Caution!!!

from Snellville, GA

Comments about Bidz.com:

I love great deals! Who doesn't? But be careful on this site. I recently purchased a goregous ring for my mother for her birthday and looking at the picture I thought that I had fared well but..... when the ring arrived I was very upset! Instead of a ruby there was a large brown rock in the ring that looked like I had dug up out of my yard. You can return but.....there is a 15% restocking fee if you choose any other option except "item not as described" and the kicker to this is that they decide if the item is "as described or not". Plus a bonus...you have to pay for return shipping and the first shipping price is steep! Be cautious!

BEWARE OF THE FAKE ART, PRINTS AND PAINTINGS

from New Haven, MI

Comments about Bidz.com:

bidz.com, ubid.com and property room are all owned by the same company.  If your not familar with the sites, know what your buying and ignore the suggested retail voice.  The art they sell are police siezed or closeouts.  Although many of the prints are real, beware of the bigger name artist like pino, Romero Britto and Peter Max.  They are fakes!!!!  I purchased a Romero Britto, it came with a COA that WAS PRINTED BY THE WEBSITE.  When I took it to get verified, it turned out to be a fake.  If its to good to be true then it probrally is.  Ive bought a few things in the past and always looked at the art.  It seemed odd that many of the prints I saw years ago, where still availabe.  Please note they are good fakes, but it only takes a bad print shop to make one.