Other General Household Cleaners:

Cons

Excellent natural brand

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

I use all of the products made by this brand. I've researched, and their ingredients really are the safest and most natural on the market. While their prices are a tad higher than most, their bottle sizes more than compensate. That being said, we use this product all over our house wherever we want to control bacteria. It's excellent on a sponge used to wipe off kitchen counters, clean the tubs, toilets, or sinks. While we're no paranoid about germs, we do feel it's a bit safer to clean those areas with something strong enough to kill bacteria. We are constantly processing raw meat in the kitchen, so this product has been a god send.

VERY good performer. We've never had any incidents of cross contamination as long as we use this product afterwards on the counters and to rinse all instruments and cutting boards used.

While I generally like products that are completely unscented, this company has taken into consideration that those of us wanting to use natural products don't want synthetic or strong odors in our products. The scent of this product is pleasant and not overwhelming.

A natural solution for stinky laundry

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

Due to issues with sensitive skin, my husband and I try to use all-natural laundry products whenever possible. We weren't sure this would be an option to deodorize smelly laundry, but dryer sheets just don't work for us, so when we spotted Bi-O Kleen Bac-Out, we decided it was worth a try. We've been very happy with it -- not only is it effective on odors, it's also gentle on clothes (it doesn't discolor them or cause wear-and-tear on the fabrics) and quite cost-effective (a few sprays do the job on all but the worst odors).

We hoped that Bi-O Kleen Bac-Out would eliminate "fresh" odors (like dirty gym clothes and my husband's sweaty martial arts uniforms), which it does. We were pleasantly surprised to see how well it minimizes "old" odors (like stinky sneakers and old underarm stains ), even ones that survived laundering with regular detergent.

Bi-O Kleen Bac-Out has no particular scent of its own, but after using it all you smell is fresh, clean laundry!

Bac Out gets the stinkies out!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

I purchased BacOut to help get the stinkies out of our cloth diapers.  I had tried soaking in Dawn, soaking in regular detergent, multiple rinses, multiple washes - pretty much everything, but the diapers still smelled.  I used the BacOut just once, let everything soak overnight, did an extra rinse or two and they came out smelling like..well nothing - which is great!  I then figured, if it could get the diapers clean, maybe it would work on my nursing pads, since I couldn't get them clean either - also tried the Dawn, etc on them.  And it worked like a miracle on the pads too!  No more sour milk smell!  I have since used it on some pet stains and one or two stinky diapers, but really haven't had to use it very much, since it seemed to work so well that first time!  I love that it is all environmentally friendly and safe to use around babies and pets too!  The only thing is, that in the big bottle, you don't really realize how much  you're using, and I suspect that I end up using way more than I need, simply because it flows so easily out of the bottle.

Keeps cloth diapers smelling fresh

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

We cloth diaper during the day and use disposables at night. Around 10 months our daughter's diapers started to smell of ammonia. I could barely stand to change her as her microfiber inserts stunk of pee so strongly even when I only waited an hour between changes. The smell started to linger in her room too despite a top of the line wet bag. I attempted rinsing with vinegar and then soaking in vinegar and tea tree oil (we don't use synthetic cleansers). A friend recommended that I try Bac Out to remove the smell and kill the bacteria that may be causing lingering odors. I soaked all of our diapers in this overnight and then washed as usual. They were as good as new. Stains and odors disappeared and I love the natural lime scent! It makes my entire laundry room smell fresh. I don't anticipate needing to use this as often once spring comes as we line dry outside (instead of indoors) during the winter and I am hoping that UV will help keep the odors at bay. However, I'm happy to have discovered this product and will continue to keep it stock so long as we cloth diaper. It's worth it to keep my diaper investment working properly and smelling clean!

Bac-Out takes the smells out

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

I originally purchased this product becuase several people recommended it as an all-natural stain and odor remover for cloth diapers. It works wonderfully to remove smells from my cloth diapers, but to get out the really big, deep-set stains, this product did not work 100 percent of the time.

However, I appreciate that the product is all natural and safe enough to get next to the most delicate parts of my baby.

I also have two 16-year-old cats. One of my cats is having a harder time moving around, and often has accidents. Bac-Out worked great on getting the stains and smells out of my carpet. I even used a blacklight to inspect the areas after cleaning, and was amazed how well the cleaner worked. I also feel safe using it on the carpet my baby plays on, knowing that any residual cleaner is non-toxic.

Now that my baby is also starting potty training, again, I'm so grateful to have found this product. It also works to clean up her accidents.

Bio-Kleen Bac Out is safe, natural and effective

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

Bio Kleen Bac Out was recommended by several cloth diaper retailers as a deodorizer for the diaper pail and a natural stain and odor remover for the diapers themselves. It is safe for cloth diapers, unlike bleach or other stain removers, that can destroy the water repellency of the diaper covers, eat holes in the diapers, or leave behind harsh residues.

I purchased Bio Kleen Bac Out to use on cloth diapers, but went on to use it on other stain or odor problems as well. It gets light & medium duty stains out quite well, and does not leave that water ring on upholstery like some stain removers do. I have not tried it on enough heavy-duty stains to form an opinion yet.

My favorite thing to use Bio Kleen Bac Out for is bad odors. I don't like the artificial smell of Febreze. The pleasant lime smell of Bac Out is more natural, and it truly does seem to get rid of the odor completely instead of just masking it. Another thing I frequently use the Bac Out for is something that I cannot wash. Strollers and sofas come to mind - if you get a stain on those, you can't treat it and then wash it. I don't like the idea of the bacteria and chemicals hanging around in my sofa forever, so using Bac Out gives me peace of mind. There are no dangerous chemicals in it - it is safe to use around curious babies & pets, and the enzymes "eat" the stain - and bacteria - as long as the stain has an organic origin.

THE BEST stain and odor eliminator on the market.

from Riverside, AL

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

I like to buy products that are earth-friendly. I don't want to poison either my family or mother earth with toxic chemicals. That said, I abhor stains. I would rather use something toxic than have stains on my family's clothing. Since finding Bac Out, I don't have to compromise safe for stain free. I started using it on the recommendation of some cloth diapering friends. They said if I put Bac Out in a spray bottle and dilute it 50% with water, and spray every poopy diaper with it before putting it in the pail, I wouldn't have stains. So, I tried it - and it worked! Then, I read the bottle and learned that there are about a million other things I can use it for. I use it in my carpet shampooer and my carpets look and smell like I had them professionally done. I put a capful in with my husband's stinky work clothes, and they smell wonderful (I don't use fabric softner). I mop my kitchen floor with it. I bought a new-to-me car that had a very dirty light grey headliner. It looked as if someone had thrown a chocolate milkshake on it ten years prior. I sprayed each spot with Bac Out, and 5 minutes later wiped it gently with a washcloth. Every single stain came out! This is a great product to have in your house, because most likely, if your usual products can't clean something to your satisfaction, this will.

Great stain remover and deodorizer!

from Westminster, CO

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

I had never heard of Biokleen or Bac-Out before I decided to cloth diaper my son, and then it was recommended on message boards as a great additive to help with diaper odors and stains. I first found a bottle at a local health foods store and was initially impressed by how amazing it smells. Normally when you smell a stain remover or carpet cleaner, you feel like you're breathing in toxic fumes. Bac-Out has a great citrus lime smell and doesn't smell like chemicals at all. I guess that's the point. I initially bought this product just for the diapers, but now we have used it to clean up pet stains, the kitchen, and all of those little messes that come with having an infant. For the diapers, I have often sprayed it directly on a really messy diaper before it goes in the diaper pail, or sometimes just add a small amount to a load of diaper laundry. It really works as a spot treatment for stains too. The spray bottle is nice, but once you have one spray bottle, it's cheaper just to buy the bottle without the spray nozzle and transfer the spray apparatus. Now that Bac-Out has worked so well for us, we have started using Biokleen Oxygen Bleach, detergent and all-purpose cleaner. I love the fact that we're using more natural cleaners, especially now that we have our little boy.

I finally found a brand I love!

from Deposit, NY

Comments about Bi O Kleen Bac Out:

I have found a brand I love.    I have tried this product and it smells great.  It is natural and does the job!!  It is a great value compaired to other natural brands.  Why pay more for something that doesn't work as well.  If you order off from drugstore.com, you can get free shipping.  Better then going shopping and less expensive.  Try it, you will like it.