Other Grains & Pastas:
Betty Crocker
Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic

Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic

So Fast It Appears Suddenly.. Suddenly Salad

Years ago my sister got me into trying some new foods and this was one of them. Suddenly Salad is actually a dry pasta in a box with a seasoning packet. This is simple to make by using only water and vegetable oil. This is colorful and enriched with plain,spinach and tomato rotini pasta. There are other variations in this type of Suddenly Salad that you can get. Because this is a very good tasting basic pasta salad, you can easily add other items to this as you would like from meats, cheeses, pickles, olives or whatever you may what to throw in. But I don't recommend throwing in the kitchen sink!

Suddenly Salad is made by bringing your water to a boil in a saucepan, add the dry pasta from the box, bring to boil and boil for 12 minuets.Drain and rinse the pasta, add the seasoning packet to it and stir. You can eat this right away or put in the refridgerator for a colder salad to enjoy.

Because of its nutrition facts on the box, I will refrain from eating this as often because of the increased sodium in this at 770 mg in a serving.. This has no trans fats and no cholesterol. The carbohydrates for this salad is 37 grams per serving..There are 4 grams of sugar in a serving. Total calories are 230 prepared as it says on the box with 60 of those calories being calories from fat.

For people watching closely what is in this or for that picky eater, this also has in it, dried red bell pepper,parsley flakes,corn syrup, dried onion, garlic and soybean oil that is partially hydrogenated.

**Contains: Wheat and Milk. It may also contain Soy and Egg for ingredients. **

** **

Where's the Noodles?

**Betty Crocker's Suddenly Pasta Salad "Ranch & Bacon" **receives all cheers from family and friends who have it as a side dish at my house but I don't ever prepare it as it comes in it's 7.5 oz box.  The shell noodles included are the smallest I have ever seen before.  So I add regular size shells when boiling the noodles to use.  Otherwise, I have no complaints.  I love that this is the perfect Summer side dish that goes well with whatever you may be grilling.  It's easy to prepare, doesn't heat up the kitchen and you will get tons of compliments for this simple dish.  Be certain to allow extra time to chill in your refridgerator as the "Ranch & Bacon" Suddenly Pasta Salad is served cold.  I have also added extra bacon bits and might try pepperoni slices next time also.  Betty Crocker suggestions for alternative ways of serving this meal....add tomatoes or cheese and olives.  For those watching their weight it's good to know that there is only 170 calories per serving.  Suddenly Pasta Salad comes in a variety of flavors with "Ranch & Bacon" being my famillies favorite!

Pasta salad suddenly got a lot Easier.

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad is something I like to use for my summer cookouts. It's so quick and easy it allows me to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my guests. The seasoning packet in the box doesn't really have much flavor, so I like to add other spices and ingredients to jazz it up. It's a big hit with my kids and guests. It is just as easy as making homemade pasta salad, but a little more convenient.

Quick and easy, but a little different tasting

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

I've made Betty Crocker's Suddenly Pasta Salad for a couple of pot lucks and it is easy and fast. However, it doesn't make a very large bowl of pasta salad. I also felt like it had a really artificial taste and funny after taste, too. It was nice in a pinch, but I prefer to stick with homemade.

Good additional to any dish

from TX

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

Everybody in my family absolutely loves this product and we make it at least once a week or more. The box has directions on the back that make preparing it fail proof. Even my kids are able to make it as a snack. It takes me about fifteen minutes to make it and then we let it chill in the refrigerator until dinner time. It taste great and we even experiment with it and add meat or vegetables to it. The classic is one of my favorites to choose from. I make mine with low fat mayonnaise so that it is a little healthier to eat. With all the flavor that the packet adds, I cannot tell that it is less fattening. It is very affordable and I can find it at almost any grocery store. The pasta comes out soft and the sauce is tasty and creamy. I love taking the leftovers for lunch because it taste even better the next day. I just have to make sure not to overcook the pasta or it won't hold up as well. I would recommend this product.

Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad: Just Like Homemade

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

I have always loved pasta of any kind. Suddenly Salad makes it easy for me to get my pasta fix and in a hurry. The rotini cooks up quickly and evenly. The vegetables cook perfectly in the same amount of time. Just cool or rinse to cool and add the flavor packet and the mayonnaise and you have a wonderfully seasoned salad really fast. No fuss, no muss, it's that convenient. I love the ranch and bacon and the parmesan too. They keep well in the fridge too. The price is excellent too. All around goodness.

Pretty Good Pasta Salad

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

Betty crocker, suddenly pasta salad is great. Whenever I get bored with the traditional green leafy salads, I will make betty crocker suddenly pasta salad, add grilled chicken, sliced olives, cucumbers and tomatoes to it. I stir to combine then I add either ranch or italian dressing and let chill or eat at room tempature. Suddenly pasta salad is quick and easy to make and taste delicious.

Whenever I am invite to a birthday party or summer picnic, I will make pasta salad to bring as a cover dish along with something else. Suddenly pasta salad can be served as a main meal or side dish depending on how it's served.

There are many different flavors betty crocker suddenly salad comes in: suddenly salad ranch and bacon (very tasty), suddenly salad basil pesto, suddenly salad classic (I use on a regular basis), and suddenly salad ceasar.

Overall betty crocker suddenly salad pasta is budget friendly and taste great. I give it a thumbs up.

Yummy!

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

This is the best and easiest side dish I have ever made and I LOVE it. It is super easy to make, though a tip is to boil it just a tad longer then it says. It is delicious and really quick, the perfect side dish. You need something to go with burgers or to take to a 4th of July picnic? This is perfect.

So Fast It Appears Suddenly.. Suddenly Salad

from Boondocks the heart of Northern , NY

**Contains: Wheat and Milk. It may also contain Soy and Egg for ingredients. **

** **

Quick, easy, tasty, its Suddenly Pasta Salad

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

I love pasta salads, however my wife does not.   So I only get to have a pasta salad when we go out to some place with a salad bar.

Then I found Suddenly Pasta Salad. It was great, it was fast and it was easy. I can do it myself and I do. Every thing is in the box with easy no fail instructions. I now make pasta salad at home for myself with out having to gather together all the seasoning and stuff that you usual have to have. The wife is happy because I can do it all myself for myself. The wife is still not into pasta salad, but she even said it was one of the best she has ever had. "Not to oily, not to spicy, and she I didn't have to fuss to make it."  We served it up to the family at a family dinner and every one was impressed.

I love the taste and seasonings in the original style. I have added some sliced olives and tuna-fish to it. And along with some toll house style crackers it made a full meal for myself - loved it.

I am looking forward to trying the other flavors real soon.

Where's the Noodles?

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

So yummy and best of all EASY!

from Snellville, GA

Comments about Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad, Classic:

The Suddenly Pasta Salad Creamy Parmesan, Ranch and Bacon, or Creamy Italian can be altered to make a delicious meal or side dish. The Creamy Parmesan is my favorite. A variety of items can me added, such as 2 tablespoons of capers (or to taste), one cup of chopped celery, one cup of shredded cheddar, monterey jack, asadero, or queso quesadilla cheese, one pound of cooked shrimp (medium is best), or one quarter cup of chopped spring onions. Add whatever you have on hand or all the above. I usually add all the above. The box instructions call for one half cup mayonnaise. I add one cup instead when I am adding all the ingredients mentioned. Saving some of the chopped onions to sprinkle on the top makes it a nice presentable dish. This is a great dish to take to club meetings, church socials, etc. Although, I leave the onions out since some folks do not like onions. Our family loves them so I always add to the dish. When taking to a meeting or social, I usually sprinkle extra shredded cheese on the top. You will have everyone asking for the recipe!