Other Baking Goods:
Mixes
Betty Crocker

amazing!

Although the cooking instructions called for one stick of butter and one egg, alternative instructions say to use one-third cup of vegetable oil, one tablespoon water and one egg. I used the first version to bake my cookies. At first, I was concerned that there wasn't enough liquid to stir the mix adequately. But I kept stirring it with a wooden spoon until the mix, butter and egg was well blended. I dropped the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip dough onto a foil lined dark baking sheet by teaspoonfuls. The Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie mix bag states that it makes three dozen 2-inch cookies. My cookies turned out to be slightly smaller, but I did indeed have over three dozen cookies when I was finished baking.The cookies were very soft and delicious. The chocolate chips melted in my mouth and were scattered moderately about. In my opinion, the Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie mix produced better tasting cookies than I can buy from my grocer's deli. I believe I also received for my effort more cookies for my money.Cookies are not meant to be health food. Two cookies made from the Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie mix has about twelve percent of your daily value of fat. The mix itself isn't the culprit though since it comprises only three percent. Unfortunately, there isn't any information given on the results of the alternative mixing instructions.I would recommend the Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie mix to anyone that wants to bake cookies without too much hassle. I think that this is a great way to introduce supervised holiday cooking to the younger children. Igood  would say that older children would appreciate being given the chance to bake cookies on their own.

Makes the house smell good...

Red is my favorite color so when I saw the packaging of the **Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix **my arm automatically reached out and placed the item in my cart.  Made by General Mills and touted to be the same as homemade in 20 minutes I must disagree.  The mix is essentially the dry ingredients required in a regular recipe.  Top the mix you must still cream the butter, add egg and water and then stir in any additions you want like nuts, craisins, raisins, chocolate or butterscotch chips.  After all of that you may as well have measured out the dry ingredients as well.  I was not impressed with the end results.  The cookies were lovely in color and looked delicious but they certainly were not the same as homemade and lacked something I can't identify.  They were still made with love ;-) so that can't be it... My husband managed to scarf them down anyway so they were edible and passed the husband test.  I will save my calories for a better cookie.**Ingredients:**Enriched Flour Bleached (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Brown Sugar, Rolled Oats, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/Or Cottonseed Oil, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Salt, Cinnamon, Artificial flavor and color, Egg, NonFat Milk and Soy Flour.

Go-to cookie mix

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Nothing beats home-made cookies, especially if you have a store bought cookie mix where you don’t have to worry about measuring so many ingredients. The Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie mix is my go-to cookie mix as I have baked a lot of sweets and desserts from the Betty Crocker range and have not been disappointed with that brand. The only ingredients I needed to make these delicious cookies were butter and eggs and the rest was supplied in the mix package box. They are so easy to make that even the kids can help with mixing everything together in the batter. My oatmeal chocolate chip cookies turned out moist and lovely with that desirable golden colour every time I made the Betty Crocker range and the cookie batter was always consistent and easy to work with. I have several boxes of this Betty Crocker cookie mix in my pantry because the stores always have the range on special and they fly off the shelf fast. I do not particularly want to run out of this cookie mix and hope that Betty Crocker will continue to manufacture this mix for many years. Definitely would recommend this cookie mix to home bakers and first time sweet makers.

Delicious

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Betty Crocker oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are easy to make and taste fabulous! The preparation instructions are very easy to follow. I did not have to add a lot of extra ingredients, just oil, egg and water, which I always have on hand. I was able to make these cookies without leaving to get unusual additional ingredients, like you find in traditional recipes.

Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie mix

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Who doesn't love cookies? This is the best of both worlds, chocolate chip and oatmeal in one simple to make cookie mix. These are so easy to make and they actually have a little health benefit with the addition of oatmeal in the mix. Regular chocolate chip cookies are great, but add in the subtle crunch of oatmeal, and they make the cookies denser and even a little crispy. They require a stick of butter and an egg, but there are alternatives listed in the directions. Simply mix, drop onto cookie sheet, bake for about 10-12 minutes, cool and then enjoy. They are relatively cheap compared to other brands, and taste delicious. I highly recommend these cookies for everyday snacking or for parties, or bake sales, whatever. A good tasting, quality cookie mix! And, even kids can get I on the act, my pre-teen daughter has made these by herself on many occasions. I have been told by others they taste like homemade.

from Georgia

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

I love the taste of Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. The cookie mix tastes so delicious and after adding just milk and eggs, the cookies turn out beautifully and soft. I love how the chocolate chips do not melt over the cookies and how the oatmeal raisins do not harden after I bake the mix. The cookies taste like they were made in a professional bakery. You would never guess that the cookies were made from a pre-packaged mix if you try them. I love Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies because they are easy to make and very convenient. All I do is add milk and eggs to the mix and within minutes, I get a delicious treat. I highly recommend this product to people who do not have time to make homemade cookies. Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies mix comes in handy when I am having guests over and do not have a lot of time to prepare. The raisins and chocolate chips are absolutely delicious also.

Delicious, Better than Home Made

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

I recently tried mixing my two favorite cookies, Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate Chip, into one and just couldn't get the made-from-scratch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies to turn out right. So the second I seen this pack in stores I automatically threw them in the buggy. As soon as I got home from shopping I made one pack of these cookies, and they turned out absolutely amazing, nothing short of perfect! These do not have any raisins in them, but they taste exceptionally well without them.

Better than store-bought but not as good as from scratch.

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie mix is a quick way to prepare freshly baked cookies at home. The mix basically consists of the dry ingredients for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. You will need to add a bit of butter, an egg, and some water. The cookies are sweet and come out nice and crunchy. However, for me, the taste isn't quite as full as when you make cookies from scratch. Something seems to be missing, but, as I say in the title, they are better than prepared store-bought cookies.

Always go for Betty Crocker cookie mix!

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

My mom and I are HUGE bakers, we're forever scouring cookbooks and magazines for new cookie recipes to try, and one of our favorite kinds is oatmeal chocolate chip. Both for the healthiness of the oatmeal with the awesome candy touch of chocolate, they're the ones that keep coming out flat but chewy, the way I like my homemade cookies. Of all of the store cookie mixes we've also tested to try and find our favorite once we've gone through all of our recipes, Betty Crocker was the winner--you just add the wet stuff to the dry mix and stir, and you've just saved yourself a HEAP of work using your own ingredients to get to the batter! And make the four rows of three scoops with tablespoons on the trays to bake up such soft and chewy cookies that we gently press with a fork before transferring to the cooling rack to get the flatness we like. The dough itself is so tasty, just like the chunks in cookie dough ice cream combined with the taste you would get putting chocolate chips in a bowl of oatmeal! Once the cookies are cooled, we break up a bunch of them in a couple of bowls and mix with soft vanilla ice cream for our own cookie dough ice cream, and it's impossible to only have one serving! They are so delicious as a snack or dessert, you always manage to forget oatmeal cookies are GOOD for you! Betty Crocker KNOWS cookies!

Great Tasting Cookie Mix

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

This is a very good cookie mix. It's easy to prepare and it taste great. The only ingredients you need to prepare these cookies are; one egg and one stick of butter. This cookie mix makes around 25 cookies. In 20 minutes you will have freshly baked cookies to enjoy.

I really like this cookie mix because it is a good price and the cookies always turn out perfect.

Bulk added

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

The Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a bit different from the traditional version for sure. The cookie mix can make up to 2 dozen or so, dependent on how large you make them. They are really easy to make too. All you have to do is add eggs and butter. I enjoy the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies better than original chocolate chip because it doesn't feel as wrong to eat oatmeal as it does to eat the traditional mix. There are plenty of chocolate chips in the mix. They don't skimp on the chips at all. The oven must be pre heated prior to you beginning to bake them or they will not turn out right. They will be done on the outside and doughy in the middle. The cookies have a minor tendency to stick to the cookie sheet so a little flour sprinkle is required prior to cooking them. They do not have the same consistency when done as the already prepared, refrigerated types do. They are more thick and fluffy. Not necessarily the best cookie on the market. But they are very good. I enjoy them a lot. They are not good for using cookie cutters because the consistency of the dough is too sticky. They are really great for an easy mix to do with the kids though.

These are great.

Comments about Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

I always love making things completely from scratch, so it's rare that I enjoy a bagged mix. However, this mix is great. The Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie mix is perfect. The cookies come out great every time. They have the perfect texture and are not too crunchy like oatmeal cookies can get. They make for a soft, chewy, chocolate-filled cookie. The chocolate chips add a new element. This mix is great!