Other Sewing Machines:
Mechanical Sewing Machines
Bernina
Bernina Mechanical Sewing Machine 1130

Bernina Mechanical Sewing Machine 1130

The best sewing I've ever used and I've been sewing for 70 year!

Comments about Bernina Mechanical Sewing Machine 1130:

I have had and used my Bernina 1130 for 23 years, and love it. I had to have it refurbished and a part replaced in it in the early 2000s because I literally wore it out doing so much decorative stitching using metallic thread. I hope that my machine lasts for another 20 years. My husband bought my first Bernina in 1977, a model 830 and I could still love it, except that I do so enjoy the electronic features of the 1130, I can't say enough good things about Bernina sewing machines.

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

Bernini electronic 1130

Comments about Bernina Mechanical Sewing Machine 1130:

Excellent machine. I have had this machine since they were the new model and really wish Bernina still made this model. The machine tension adjusts well for any type of fabric. The bobbin winder has a separate motor.

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

Cadillac of Sewing Machines

from Lees Summit, MO

Comments about Bernina Mechanical Sewing Machine 1130:

All sewing machines are not created equal! My grandmothers taught me to sew at a young age and I took for granted the awesomeness of the tools they had. After making several things on their machines, I decided to chrisen my machine (a cheapy) with a quilt project requiring sewing through jean, batting and a top level. Quickly my machine crapped out on the project and I had to go back and borrow the faithful Bernina. This machine is just made tough and smooth. It threads well and has the power needed to get through heavy fabric. As you are using it and adjusting settings or tensions it just feels more reliable all around. One of the killers of motivation on a sewing project is machine frustrations and I feel that these are significantly cut down with the Bernina at the helm!