3.2

Cons

Lousy paint

from Pasadena, CA

About Me Professional

Pros

• Easy clean up
  • Low Odor

Cons

• Messy
  • Uneven Coat

• None

Comments about Benjamin Moore Natura Paint:

Here is a review from a full time professional painter of over 30 years. I used Benjamin Moore paints almost exclusively for close to 25 years but stopped about a year ago. Why you ask? Because the prices kept going up while the quality went down. I now use Sherwin Williams paints which are superior in every category. The owner of a job I am on now wants to provide the paint and it is Natura eggshell for walls and ceilings and semi gloss for trim. Let's start with the eggshell in white for ceilings. It covered ok in 2 coats over a slightly darker cover. No smell. What are these other reviewers complaining about here? They are obviously ultra sensitive and should stay in a hotel while they hire me to apply Sherwin Williams paint instead. Now for the eggshell on walls. Same results as ceiling but this paint wants to run a marathon. You must constantly go back to catch the runs adding time to the job. Now for the semi gloss for trim in straight White. Terrible coverage over an off white. One white primer coat and 2 coats paint barely does the trick. Thank goodness I charge by the coat. And again we're off and running at the races with paint dripping and sagging. Truly awful stuff like Behr paints that another customer had to pay for 4 coats (white).Never again.

Great coverage with no odor

from Matawan, NJ

Comments about Benjamin Moore Natura Paint:

I have finally found the perfect paint - a great selection or colors, one coat coverage and literally no odor. Costs more than midst other paints, but is worth it.

Quality
Very high quality. The walls only needed one coat for total coverage and since it is no VOC, there us no odor.

I used this product throughout my home our years and there had not been any peeling, cracking or fading.

Coverage
Amazing total coverage after only one coat.

Ease of Appliation
Glides on easily without thinning.

• Ease of Appliation:

Very low VOCs no odor but not a very smooth application.

from Winchendon, MA

Comments about Benjamin Moore Natura Paint:

When we were ready to paint our addition last spring one of my main concerns was finding a paint with low or no VOCs and no fumes. One of the rooms we were painting was going to be a child's bedroom and I wanted something as natural as possible. After some research we decided to try Benjamin Moore Natura. Our first step was to prime the drywall which we had read we should do by cutting a primer 50/50 with water and doing several applications of this mixture until the drywall no longer absorbed the paint. I loved the naturalness and low VOCs of the Natura paint and it did live up to its promise of no fumes. We were painting in early spring and could not open windows for ventilation and neither my husband or I noticed any odor at all. However the coverage was not as good as I would have hoped for, even cut with water the paint did not go very far at all and the application was not smooth, the finish was very bubbly and streaky. We finished using it as a primer but my mother in law recommended Benjamin Moore Aura for the top colored coat and we were much happier with that, it was a much smoother application and the paint went much further without any fumes either. Next time I think we will go straight to the Aura paint.

Love this paint

Comments about Benjamin Moore Natura Paint:

I love this paint for the low voc and for the fact that it goes on great. It is a bit more expensive but for someone who is expecting or has children it is worth it to spend the little extra. There is virtually no smell. I would definety recommend this to someone. Great quality paint.

Quality
I would say it says within the high quality of Benjamin more paints. Is has a thickness to the paint that I don't see in the box store brands. This paint I could do one or two coats were others need 3 or more.

The paint withstands being scrubbed at and banged and bumped into. It has not chipped or faded

Coverage
I find the coverage it great. There have been times when I have only had to put one coat and it did the job. I feel like this pain is a lot thicker then some other

Ease of Appliation
I would say it about the same as any other paint. I would suggest getting a good roller and a good cut in brush to make any painting easier. easy to clean brushes after also.

• Ease of Appliation:

Excellent useability and clean-up!

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Benjamin Moore Natura Paint:

I have used a lot of Benjamin Moore's Natura paint for it's zero VOC and useability. It flows nicely, covers well, has a low ordour (like all paints there is a smell but it's not offensive) and you get Benjamin Moore's full pallet of colours. As far as clean-up goes, it washes out of your tools very well. I have been a painter for over 20 years and some paints are very hard to tolerate. Natura is great to wiork with.

I am biased to all Benjamin Moore products. I don't bother using any other comapany.

Warning! Stay away from Benjamin Moore Natura paint!

from Meridian, MS

Comments about Benjamin Moore Natura Paint:

I have allergies and have been using ICI Lifemaster Zero VOC paint for the last 13 years. It has virtually no odor and in 12 hours you could walk into a room and never know that it was painted! Truly amazing product.

Benjamin Moore has done a lot of advertsing about their Natura paint. The can is beautiful and so is the web site! They clain "virtually no odor." So I decided to try the Natura for my bedroom. BIG MISTAKE!

My mother painted it about 2 weeks ago. This is quite possibly the strongest smelling paint I have ever encountered. After 1 week the fumes were still high. After two weeks, only a slight reduction in fumes. My poor mother got a headache and she never reacts to paint. She was also shocked at the fumes. I cannot go into this room at all. I have a hepa filter purifier air running and a the window open continuously. Winter is almost here, I have to shut the window and i don't know how to get rid of these paint fumes.

I contacted Benjamin Moore (after searching for almost an hour for a contact number) and they agreed to refund my money. Not enough compensation!

Benjamin Moore simply CANNOT MAKE THE CLAIM THAT THIS IS LOW ODOR PAINT. THIS IS VERY SMELLLY PAINT! AND IT DOES NOT GO AWAY.

I'm so upset that I did not use the ICI Lifemaster. i will never ever believe an advertising campaign again.

Please, to those out there with any kind of respiratory condition, DO NOT USE NATURA PAINT!