Other Mascaras:
Benefit
Benefit They're Real! Mascara

Benefit They're Real! Mascara

Pros

• Applies evenly (7)
  • Defines & separates (7)
  • Great brush (7)
  • Adds volume (6)
  • Lengthens (6)

Cons

• Difficult to remove (3)

• Anytime (7)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Classic style (4), Natural style (4)

I think I'm in love!

Benefit They're Real! Mascara has become one of the products I am willing to spend a little more on and for several good reasons - It doesn't smudge all over me, and when I do mess up application, I find I can remove it easily without smudging if I wait a few seconds to dry and use a q-tip. It doesn't irritate my sensitive, allergy prone eyes so I can apply close to the base of the lash, leaving many to believe I have on eyeliner when I don't, and the brush separates very well and seems to coat every lash rather evenly and darkly with one coat, in a way that doesn't look too fake, thick, nor clumpy. It defines well enough for me to wear it on stage for performance under bright lights without melting nor running all over me as is common with many other non-waterproof mascaras with the least little bit of crying or watering of the eyes. I admit one of my favorite things about this brand of mascara is that you can buy a deluxe travel size version, which if you have nerve damage in your hands, is helpful, as the wand length is smaller and easier to control. This is the only mascara I have worn in over a year unless someone else is doing my makeup. Not only would I recommend it to a friend, but I have to many.

Very Disappointed.

I received Benefit They're Real! Mascara in a makeup kit that I got as a gift. I am usually very particular about what mascara I use, but I figured I would give it a shot. I was very disappointed by the results. I did not achieve the length or curl I expected, and it dries out too quickly. Also, after it dried, my lashes felt too brittle. I immediately washed it off. I decided to just stick with my normal brand of mascara.

This mascara dried too quickly and I did not achieve the results I expected.

Ease of Application
This mascara is very easy to put on; however, it dries too quickly.

They're Real

from Wylie, TX

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
  • Applies Evenly
  • Defines & Separates
  • Doesn't Clump
  • Great Brush
  • Lengthens

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

This is the best mascara that I have tried so far. I absolutely love it! It is easy to apply, stays put and looks great on my lashes.

Long and Lush Lashes!

from NY

About Me Classic Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
    • Defines & Separates
    • Great Brush
    • Lengthens

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

I had never used a pricey mascara before,but I had a special event to go to,and this was given to me by a close friend, who swears by it. I have to admit, it truly lives up to its claims! I was totally shocked by the difference. I could not believe how long my lashes looked! Normally, I would use two coats of mascara, but one was plenty with this one. My lashes were as long as could be, had no clumps, did not flake, had rich color, and they stayed that way all night. They were as long as the lashes that women apply that are false ones,but the difference is that these looked real! I was so pleased, that I have purchased three tubes since then. it is more expensive mascara, but I have always had to use two coats of the others, and I only had to use one coat of this one, so that cuts the price in half for me. If you want long and lush lashes that still look natural,then this is the perfect mascara for you too!

I Love It!

from NYC Girl

About Me Classic Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
      • Applies Evenly
      • Defines & Separates
      • Great Brush

Cons

• Dries Out Quickly
      • Flakes

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

I love how it coats the lashes and adds depth to the lashes. I tried it in a sample pack. It worked really nicely.

I would buy this over and over again!

from Redding, Ca

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
      • Applies Evenly
      • Defines & Separates
      • Great Brush
      • Lengthens

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

The wand makes it super easy to apply and desperate your lashes if necessary! I love everything about this mascara, its gives my short Lil baby lashes so much life! Length, volume and definition! An all around win and totally worth the money!

Love this product!

from Modesto, Ca

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Applies Evenly
        • Defines & Separates
        • Doesn't Clump
        • Great Brush
        • Lengthens

Cons

• really wet sometimes gets on eye lid

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

This is such a great product. Goes on easily, lasts all day!

Okay. Wouldnt use all the time.

from cumberland,ri

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Applies Evenly
        • Defines & Separates
        • Doesn't Clump

Cons

• Difficult To Remove
        • Sticky Texture

• Daytime

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

It is a vwry good formula. though, it does not give a very full or dramatic look. it just makes your lashes colored with a little bit of thickeness added to the lashesm

I think I'm in love!

from Ashland, KY

About Me Classic Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
        • Applies Evenly
        • Defines & Separates
        • Doesn't Clump
        • Great Brush
        • Lengthens

Cons

• A little pricey
        • Difficult To Remove

• Daytime
        • Going Out

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

This is some serious mascara!

from Baltimore, MD

About Me Classic Style

Pros

• Adds Volume
        • Applies Evenly
        • Great Brush
        • Lengthens

Cons

• Difficult To Remove

• Going Out

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

This mascara has some serious staying power! Just a couple of coats made my lashes look long and luscious, and they stayed that way overnight the first time I tried this mascara! I slept in my makeup and my lashes still looked fantastic the next day, which is pretty awesome. The only downside to that, is that it is very difficult to remove. I only wear it when I know I need something long-lasting, because I feel like it is too harsh for daily use. Other than that, it is a great formula and totally worth the price.

Love Benefit They're Real! Mascara!

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

Benefit They're Real! mascara turns my thin, short eye lashes into full and longer looking lashes. It applies very easily and the unique wand allows you use the tip to grab every tiny lash to make your eye lashes look great. I have tried many other brands of mascara, and this one so far has worked the best for me. Now, if they would only make it in a waterproof version, it would be the only brand I would need to purchase.

This mascara does not smudge or flake throughout the day. It does not make my eye lashes look gooey or too heavily caked with mascara. My eye lashes look very natural, but much better. It does not irritate my eyes and comes off easily with makeup remover or even Vaseline, in a pinch. I have not experienced anything negative about using this mascara.

Ease of Application
        The applicator wand on this mascara is unique. First, the wand has many plastic bristles which are on the short side, that grab the eye lash from the root to tip depositing product while keeping them separated. Next, the top of the wand has several bristles that stick out at an angle that allows you to get at some of the harder to reach eye lashes, like the inner and outer lashes.

Very Disappointed.

Comments about Benefit They're Real! Mascara:

This mascara dried too quickly and I did not achieve the results I expected.

Ease of Application
        This mascara is very easy to put on; however, it dries too quickly.