3.9
Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer

Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer

3.9

GREAT face primer!

I have always been a big benefit fan. Even when I was first starting out with makeup and was still learning the basics. My mom has always guided towards great brands and products and especially this one. My whole family is a big user of Benefit. I even sneak using their benefit products at times because I love their brand!

I was recommended this primer from a few people. I decided to finally try it out about 4 months ago and was instantly hooked. It works so well with my face routine! It also smells pretty good! As for brightening I can tell a difference. It's even amazing alone on clean skin! I got it in a small trial size but after I used that all up I went and bought the full size! I couldn't go without!

It really makes my face makeup stay on strong all day long. I use fair Bare Escentuals and Bare Escentuals powder concealer. My face just looks so clear and glowing!

I definitely recommend this to everyone looking for a primer that makes your makeup look flawless, brighten up your face, makes makeup stay on all day, and so much more! Give it a shot! Also if you don't want to jump straight into buying this product full size you may be able to find a small trial size like I did in a gift set or something!

=)

this gal didn't see the benefit

This product has been sitting on my dresser for the past 7 months.  After the first couple times I tried it I just gave up on "that gal" because I saw absolutely no results whatsoever.  The best thing I could say about this primer was that it smelled kind of nice.  I had fully intended to let all my disappointment out and write a review bashing "that gal," but when I read the other reviews I was completely taken aback.  People actually like this product?!?!?  WHY? Surely, then, I must have been doing something wrong in my application.  So, I got out my tube of "that gal" and applied about 4 times more than I had before, really slathering it on.  I went from pea-size application to nickel-size.  Mind you, at this rate my supply would be gone in under 2 weeks.  But, at last I did see some results.  Nothing mind blowing or anything to make my change my mind about the product, my skin does now have a slightly pinkish tint.  It would maybe be ok for days when you're going makeup-free and you need a little bit of a confidence boost.  Definitely not an every day wear kind of thing.  Unless you're loaded and into placebo cosmetics, "that gal" is not for you.

Benefit "That Gal" Primer...Not a fan.

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

I am not a fan of this product which disappointed me because I love Benefit products and it was not cheap. The packaging is cute though as all of their packaging is.

I gave this product a rating of a 2 because I find that it does not work for me at ALL. It makes my face greasy and shiny even with make up over it. It has an odd smell and the way you apply it it weird to me also.

It does not work as a primer, it makes my face more greasy and I have to constantly apply more powder. I am not a fan of this product and will not be repurchasing it.

Benefit's Best Primer

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

This product is AMAZING. I have large pores, and it makes them look alot smaller. I have tried the Poreless primer, which works very well, but this one makes me more glow-y and doesn't accentuate dry skin. I like to apply it, then spray my face with a mist of water and let dry, then apply foundation. It works great for me!

Peaches and Cream Perfection

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

I love this primer, it's such a nice base that evens the skin but also gives it a healthy glow, not to mention it smells amazing. The crank application is a little inconvenient and seems like a bit of a waste of product but other than that the packaging is to die for (I mean it's benefit, common). Regardless, it's a definite repurchase.

Great to wear it alone or under foundation!

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

That Gal is a great moisturizer! If you have oily skin I do not recommend using too much of it on because it can start running. This works really well if you pair it with a foundation and mix them together! I love this product because it also smells so great!

Doesn’t brighten, but good Primer.

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

This really isn’t very brightening, I feel like all it does is make me slightly pink. It’s still a good primer though, you cannot see the pink after applying foundation.
So this is a good primer, but don’t expect it to “Brighten” your face up.

brightening not priming

from Dekalb, IL

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

I have used a lot of primers in the past, but this was my first stick primer. I think the packaging is super cute, like all benefit packing usually is, and the price is midrange. Unless you get a primer at the drug store, you're gonna expect to pay a bit for it. I like the primer because it is really easy to use. You just twist it up and apply. It also has a light scent which is nice because not many primers are scented. I think this primer does do its job of brightening, but it really didn't make my makeup stay on longer or make my pores appear smaller. Some other primers that i have used in the past also offered an SPF which came in handy because then i can skip another step of my morning routine. If they had called this product just a brightener, then i would give it 5 stars, but because its a primer i don't really feel like it was priming my skin for anything. Now i just throw it in my bag and use it has a highlighter.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!

from Glenwood, IL

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

Love, love, love this product!! Although primarily made to be used as a primer under makeup I like to use it after I have applied my makeup base. I use a small amount under the eye area to open and brighten the area as well wherever I have little lines. I gently pat it in place and lines seem to soften. it can also be applied using a small narrow brush to slightly deeper lines, then blended.

Its ingenius applicator makes it economical. One twist of the bottom section and the right amount comes up to the top. It helps prevent waste as well as too much contact with the product so there is less worry about contamination. It is also great to toss into one's purse or gymbag without fear of it opening and making a mess.

Honestly, this product is a must for all ages, but if you have more mature skin you will find it the perfect product. I think most women consider benefit a younger person's line, but as someone soon to turn 60 I have adopted it as my favorite!!!

Primer

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

I used this instead of foundation in a play where I had to look like a little girl. It's not exactly sparkly, but it gave me a dewy, glowy look. This was an accomplishment because I have been very sick for the past six months or so. This primer, along with some blush, made me look adorable (as was the goal for that look). It also makes me look more rested when I wear it alone. This product has become a staple of my daily regimen ever since I discovered it. I use it all over my face and it makes my olive skin beautiful, bright, and flawless... I use this instead of foundation. The one downside is that it is a bit expensive for such a teenie tiny amount of product. Oh well! I'm addicted. This gives a gives a very natural and soft cover. Gives me that pink, dewy glow and feels lighter than any other product I've tried. I've tried many different brands of primer, and I really love this one. It goes on great, and makes my skin look more even toned.

BeneFit Brightening Face Primer is not the best

from Simpsonville, SC

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

BeneFit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer is a fun idea.  I really like the concept of using a primer to even out skin tone without having to apply liquid foundation.  However, this product did not really add any significant benefit for my skin over just applying a heavy dose of dry cosmetic powder.  I have some uneven skin tones and a fair amount of redness to my skin, and I was really hoping this product would even out some of those problems.  Unfortunately, there just was not enough coverage for me to notice much difference with or without the face primer.  As other reviewers have mentioned, I was also disappointed that this product does not offer any SPF coverage.  If you are looking for some SPF coverage, you will have to add yet another product to your face each morning.  In my opinion, that sort of negates the benefit of using a primer, whose main goal is to provide evening of skin tone while providing relatively sheer coverage.  I will not be buying this product again.

Wasn't impressed not alot for your money doesn't do anything

from Roswell, GA

Comments about Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer:

I tried this item only because it was in a kit. Unfortunately with oily skin it doesn't help and just makes your face look slick and overly pink.  There wasn't a big amount in the full sized tube and it was pretty expensive to buy seperately. I am glad it came in a kit and I didn't have to purchase it.