3.6
Benadryl Itch Relief Stick

Benadryl Itch Relief Stick

3.6

very easy to use

My philosophy on mosquite bites is to just deal with the itching. No need to go out and buy expensive lotions or sprays to take the itch away, just get over it! However, my young children have a different opinion about mosquito bites. They complain and moan about how much they itch and how they can't stop scratching the bite. The mosquito bites my daughter had on her arms and legs were scratched so much they would bleed and leave scabs. She looked like she had the chicken pox! So finally, last summer I gave in and went in search of something to help my children with their bites. I had a coupon for Benadryl so when I saw the Benadryl Itch Relief Stick on the shelf, I decided to give it a go and I'm so glad I did. The itch relief stick does exactly what it says it does which is to temporarily relieve pain and itching and its so easy and convenient to use. You just hold the stick over the bite and press down until the liquid flows. It's so easy, my youngest can do it all by himself which is a big plus for a busy mom. I'd highly recommend the Benadry Itch Relief Stick.

Convenient and better than nothing.

I have used Benadryl products with excellent results so I had high hopes for Benadryl itch relief stick.  I was really disappointed when it didn't work anywhere near as well as I had hoped for. The main problem I encountered was the application of the product. You are to press "tip of stick repeatedly on affected skin until liquid flows." This repeated action irritates the itch even more and the itch gets worse.You have to push quite hard with the end of the pen to where it itches and in doing so you just aggravate the itch and aggravate yourself because now the itch is worse.

I found it easier to push the end of the pen with my finger to get the liquid flowing, then use my finger to apply to the itch. Which would negate using the pen, just buy the cream.

The pen is, however, extremely convenient to throw in your purse or travel bag. I will recommend this for that reason only and with caution to apply it with fingers, not the pen as instructed.

The product does stop the itch, although it takes a minute to work. Test this product at home before you take it as your single anti-itch product on a field trip!!

Hope this review helps! :0)

Moderately effective

from Herndon, VA

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

This Benadryl Itch Relief Stick is moderately effective, depending on what ails you.

We've purchased this anti itch stick for numerous ailments over the years. It seems to be most effective for mosquito bites. My daughter is prone to pretty large welts from Mosquitos. This Benadryl anti itch stick is pretty effective at relieving the itch. It's good for children. It doesn't sting, and is slightly cooling. It helps reduce the urge to itch. If it weren't for this product , my daughter would probably end up scratching to the point of bleeding. It's also nice to use something that isn't harsh, strong, or stinging.

I also used this when I had hives from an allergic reaction to Penicillin. The hives were pretty intense, and this stick didnt help much at all. I needed oral steroids and Benadryl (much stronger) to help with the intense itching.

It also did not help with a rash that my daughter had on the back of her neck when she had lice. She had really bad itching and also needed stronger medication.

In summary, this product is nice for mild itching and mild ailments. It doesn't do much for bigger problems.

makes poison ivy WORSE

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

the poison ivy oils are SPREAD by this product. even from person to person. sure the itch temporarily stops for a while, but you have TWICE the itch later (of course, then you have to buy more) WHAT A SCAM! someone please SUE! do not use this for poison ivy. it makes it worse.

I always have one around

from Talihina, OK

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

I keep one of these around in my house and when we travel. We live in a wooded area and we travel a lot to outdoor settings. Some people would be shocked by the quantity of bugs and spiders we live with on a daily basis. So I was glad, especially when my kids were little, to find a product I could keep around to relieve their bites and stings and itches that result from those. It has a little pad on the end that soaks through with the medicine and you dab or rub it on the site. I wouldn't live in the woods without one. I understand there is a spray product now, too. That might be even better because you wouldn't have to make contact with a very sensitive sting area.

very easy to use

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

BENADRYL ITCH RELIEF STICK RELIEVES ITCHY SKIN!

from Union, IA

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

My husband has severe itching due to liver problems and diabetes. He has tried just about everything on the market and recently I saw this product and decided to give it a try. I brought it home and had him put it on. He has itching mostly on his back and around his neck and face, so it was a bit hard to spread it over large parts of his body due to the size, but within about 20 minutes, he was itching much less than before he had applied the Benadryl stick to himself. It was nice to have something that didn't feel sticky or have to worry about leaving a stain on his shirt, or even look like he was a psoriasis patient! I would recommend this product to anyone that has constant itching in small spots on their body. Like I stated earlier, it is a bit too small for large parts of the body, but the size makes it very handy to carry in your purse or in your pocket. It is pretty expensive for the size, but if you want something to relieve itching, get yourself one and give it a try!

I love the benadryl itch relief stick.

from Greensboro, NC

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

I am not a medicine taking person nor do have any allergies that I know of. But I do get occasional mosquitoe bites. I bought a few of these sticks and gave them to my family members. The first time I used it was for minor itches and it seems to work okay. it seemed very hard to get the liquid out from the pad on the stick. I would have to shake it vigoriously to get something out and press it down really hard. But up until yesterday, that was a whole different story. I am pregnant so I am limited to what kind of medicines I can take. I must have ate something and had bumps on my left arm. It was unusual because like I mentioned, I am not allergic to anything. I couldn't take any benadryl because it contained alcohol in it. And I can't remember for the life of me what the doctor said was okay to take. Then I remembered I have the itch stick. I applied it on twice before going to bed and when I woke up, it was gone. I now love this product and am greatful it comes in a stick!

Get to those bites quickly!

from Tomball, TX

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

We moved to Texas a few years ago and came across a new phenomenon, giant mosquitoes that never go away! My husband and younger daughter seem to be particularly tasty and are always getting bitten. They never seem to be able to leave it alone and not itch and let it heal. I came across this product with a good coupon and figured we would at least try it. It's fabulous! You just press it on and swipe over it. It tingles for a bit and then takes the itch right out! It's especially helpful because you can apply it directly and it's clear, there is no goopy mess that you have to worry about getting on your clothing. My daughter, who is 9, could apply this to her own bug bites without any help. We keep it easily accessible in a drawer so that anyone can get it at any time. The misquitoes in Texas never seem to disappear so we keep it available at all times for everyone. A great thing to have in your first aid kit as well.

Didn't Really Work

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

Benadryl Itch Relief Sticks didn't really work. I bought them because I had a coupon that made it free for me to buy two of them. I am one of those people that if there is a bug anywhere around me it will bite me so I thought that this might be a good product to have around. It's small enough that someone can easily carry it in their purse and seals tightly. Maybe too tightly. It was very difficult to administer the solution onto spots. It was really hard to get out of the stick and I found that you had to push really hard. When I'm trying to leave bug bites alone I don't want to be messing with them that much. My results from the actual itch solution were not noticeable. I don't think that it did anything. I definitely won't be using this product again and if I had actually paid for it I probably would have returned it. This product is a good idea but it just didn't really work, so I can't recommend this product.****

No more itch!

from Dulles, VA

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

I am a big fan of many benadryl products, so I decided to give this a try.  Sometimes mosquito bites or soemthing else will cause an itch that just won't go away.  It can drive me absolutely crazy and I tend to scratch at it until I draw blood.  When I am at home, it is easy enough to put an anti-itch cream on it, but it isn't always convenient to carry a tube of something around with you.  This itch relief stick is very easy to toss in your purse or keep in the car.  Like creams, it provides relief from itches.  I have found that you have to push pretty hard sometimes to get it to come out.  I suppose that helps keep it from leaking when you don't want it out.  It also seems like you have to apply a lot before it begins to work.  It is hard to compare amounts of this though compared to a cream.  Price is generally alright.  Creams are cheaper, but this has the convenience factor.  I have also found that it works better (okay, with less mess and hassle to me) on my toddler.  It doesn't leave a residue everywhere.  This is an item you will always find in my medicine cabinet, and likely the diaper bag as well.

Itch Relief Stick actually WORKS!!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Benadryl Itch Relief Stick:

I have always had very sensitive skin. I had to use baby detergent until I was about 15 years old. Everything makes me itchy. I end up with huge rashes all over my arms, legs, chest, back, stomach, etc. Of course, when you have a rash, it itches. When it itches you scratch it. When you scratch it, you get a big red mark that takes awhile to fade. I have used something very similiar to this a couple years ago after I went camping and was attacked by bugs that like to bite. That product made the itching stop, but it did not work for long. Soon after applying, I would have to apply again, and again, and again. I gave up on it and used cortozone cream. Then I discovered this item. Since I have used benadryl for most of my life, and I trust it, I gave this a shot. I keep on in my bathroom, one in my purse, one on my desk, and one at work. I am never far from this item and I used them a lot. They calm the itching and it lasts much longer than other products