Whatever your itch, Benadryl Itch Relief Spray will put an end to it. It's good for allergic reactions, like poison ivy, and bug bites. Relief is instant and total. It usually lasts for a couple of hours for me.In the case of poison ivy, oak, or sumac, this spray will relieve the itch, but it won't do anything for the underlying cause. Check out my review of Tec-Nu Oak and Ivy if you expect exposure to those threats.Over-spray is an issue when you're applying it. Don't get it on your glasses, or anything else, unless you've got a good place to wash up. It dries sticky.