Other Itch & Rash Treatments:

Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream

This stuff really works

from Jackson, MS

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

As the other reviewers have stated the product works awesomely.  The itch stops immediately and I can go back to doing what I need to do.  It does stink a little bit.  I have been a Benaydrl pill user for many years but have never had a bug bite that itched so much that I thought I would need cream. Of course it finally happened and I decided to try it and it has worked wonders.

Lazy, Hazy, Itchy Days of Summer!

from Leicester, NC

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

Summer is a time of fun, sun, picnics and things that make you itch!  My summer ritual has always been a pilgrimage to a well known pharmacy for my 4 month supply of sun-screen product, insect repellent, seasonal shoes, beach paraphernalia, etc.  But what I always forget is something to relieve bug bites!

My neighbor suggested **Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream.  **It's a histamine blocking itch relief made by a brand I trust. I do a lot of outdoor work and I love to hike.  **Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream **comes in an easy to carry and use tube that fits snug in your shirt or jeans pocket.  Last week while weeding our vegetable gardens I was bitten by a spider, ouch!  I went to my doctor and it was determined to be poisonous, but not venomous - however, it was painful and itched like 100 mosquito bites!  He also suggested the over the counter brand **Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream.  **

Within minutes of the first application it soothed the itch to the point I'd forgotten I'd been bit.  I reapplied the same amount to the the bite at night just before going to bed and again first thing in the morning. The bite took a week to heal, but **Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream **gave me the relief I needed during the healing process.

**Noteworthy:** If you have kids **Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream **is a fantastic summer time companion.  It's relieves the itch of rashes caused by poison ivy, sunburn, minor scrapes and cuts. I keep a tube in my hiking back pack, as well as the car. I now call it my pocket size first-aid kit.

In my opinion **Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream **it a great product that will help you survive those lazy, hazy itchy days of summer.

Temporarily relives the itch

from Cloverdale, IN

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

I love being outside and doing work in the yard.  We have a couple spots along our fence row that has poison ivy so it never fails, several times during the summer I break out in an itchy rash from being in contact with it.  I often use benadryl extra strengh itch cream.  It doesn't get rid of the itchy rash but it gives me temporary relief from the itch.  In the summer I always carry some in my purse to have on hand when I need it.  My boys also break out with the rash easily so I keep some in their camps bags as well.  It is a great product to use for a poison ivy itch.  It doesn't last as long as I would like but I constantly reapply it as needed.

Works well for smaller numbers of bites, but not enough for tons

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

Benadryl Extra Strenght Itch Stopping Cream works better than any other topical itch cream I have found. I live in an area that gets lots of mosquitoes, so getting a few bites a week is pretty normal. I keep a tube of Benadryl Extra Strenght cream in my purse, one by my bed, and one in the kitchen drawer. It does a great job of stopping the itch for mosquitoe bites, ant bites, and cat scratches/reactions (I'm allergic to cats, and if I have a cut on my hand and I get near a cat it will start to swell up). This does great to stop that reaction.

However, it does have its limitations. Recently my fiance got over 175 bites on a fishing trip (we were having one of the worst mosquitoe outbreaks the area has ever seen- and he atracts mosquitoes like crazy). This cream did not cut it for that type of reaction. So it does wonders, but don't expect miracles.

But all in all, I highly recommend this cream for every day reactions (a few bites, a slight itch, etc.)

Benadryl Cream really does the job well when put to the test.

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

When itching happens, and it is bound to happen to everyone sooner or later, Benadryl has a product that works very well at stopping those itches. The **Benadryl Itch-Stopping Treatment, Extra Strength** is designed to be a topical analgesic and skin protector against itching that is caused by a variety of reasons. It basically is an itch-stopping cream, which is used by applying it to the surface of any area that could be bothering you. It is designed for people ages 2 and up, and it is very easy to use the product in the way it is packaged. Coming in a 1 ounce squeeze tube, the **Benadryl Itch-Stopping Treatment** is a cream white in color that is easy to apply by simply putting some on the tip of your finger, and rubbing it into the affected area on your body. It is really simplicity in the making, as even the youngest of users could apply this product themselves. The opening to the tube is also fashioned, so that it takes a little bit of work to squeeze out the cream, because the hole is slightly on the small side. I think that this helps in not wasting the cream, and keeps it use to a specific area. The advertisement by the **Benadryl Itch-Stopping Treatment, Extra Strength** is that it temporarily relieves itching and pain associated with insect bites, minor skin irritations, and rashes due to poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac. It however, is not a product that they recommend be used on things like chicken pocks or measles. You are also directed to not use it on large areas, such a rashes that have spread, or on areas that cover more than just a few inches or so. Typically I would only use the cream if I was bitten by a bug, and apply it directly to the bug bite, but nowhere else on my body. This keeps the use to a minimum, and as I will talk about later, keeps the smell to a minimum as well. The product does exactly what it advertises to do, and it is almost instantaneous in relieving the itching, and saving you from scratching up your arms, legs, or anywhere else you need to apply it to. The product lives up to its names and them some, and gets really high marks from me for getting the job done. However there are a couple of things about that product that I would want improved if I had a choice in the matter. First of all, when you apply the cream to your body, you are going to become aware of the smell of the cream. Obviously it is one of the ingredients that is going to work to remove the itching, but it is not very kind on the nose at all. I would go as far as saying that the **Benadryl Itch-Stopping Treatment, Extra Strength** really stinks. Also, when you apply it, it is greasy at first on the skin. It doesn't go away, and you end up having to wash off your hands or fingers after applying it to different areas. The other negative thing about it, is that it is a little sticky once it has been applied. Again probably just one of the ingredients taking affect, but a negative in my book anyways. Even with the negative aspects of the product, I have found the cream to be exactly what is needed when dealing with bug bites that can happen anywhere, anytime, anyplace. The tube is very easy to carry around, and can be kept in your glove compartment if you travel a lot. It is easy to find at drug stores and grocery stores, and because it does its job so well, it still gets high marks from me. If you can get past the negatives that I listed, then this is a great product to go with. ----------------------------------------------------------------- **From The Tube:** **Instructions:** Adults and children 2 years of age and older: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily. Children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor. **Ingredients:** Active Ingredients / Purpose: Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 1% ................ Topical analgesic Zinc acetate 0.1%.............................................. Skin protectant Inactive Ingredients: cetyl alcohol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol monostearate 1000, propylene glycol, propylparaben, and purified water. **Warnings:** For external use only Do not use more often than directed on chicken pox or measles with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one taken by mouth on large areas of the body, including large areas of poison ivy, sunburn, or broken, blistered or oozing skin When using this product avoid contact with eyes Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Benadryl cream helps my itching, so it should stop your itching.

from southern, NC

Comments about Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Cream:

When I tell folks that I never liked camping and was "mosquito bait," I'll bet they think I'm pretty wimpy. OK. Maybe I am. But, I can tell you that I get killer mosquito bites. Everyone else comes home with little dots. I come home with quarter sized welts.

If I get several mosquito bites, they will itch bad enough to keep me awake. I was in that situation last night. I don't know if I had bites from visiting Scout camp or from grilling out. I never saw any mosquitoes, but they clearly found me. I must have 25 or more welts all over my body.

I put Benadryl Extra Strength cream on at bed time, and it did help a lot. After 15 minutes or so, I was able to stop thinking about the itch and go to sleep.

Of course, I had to get up in the middle of the night. I was scratching and itching in my sleep. So, I put on more of the Benadryl cream. That carried me through the rest of the night.

Benedryl cream does work. It goes on like lotion - doesn't take much. And it doesn't smell.

I always keep some on hand for when the mosquitoes find me and leave awful itching spots. The boys it too, but they don't seem to itch from the bites like I do.