Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Guys can have little blue pills, I'll take the little pink ones!

***Quick View:*** I am really sick as I write this. Have been for a week. My nose is running like a faucet and my head feels like a lead balloon. I am swallowing stuff that is making me cough and feel sick to my stomach. I am a mess. And I can't take a good cold remedy because I can't take ANY decongestants due to being on thyroid medication. **Benadryl **helps me to breath and stops everything from running for a while.

***My Take on Benadryl Allergy Medicine***

We buy the big boxes with foil sheets of blister packed tiny pink pills.** Benadryl **is only an antihistamine so it doesn't make people shaky or jittery. Quite the contrary, it makes most people sleepy. Those who have heart issues, anxiety issues, high blood pressure, thyroid issues, and other medical concerns are usually cautioned not to take typical cold and flu remedies because the decongestant in them can cause worse health issues than the ones the medications are taken for.

My doctor says NO every time I beg to be able to take [Drixoral][1] , which is a decongestant./antihistamine that works like a dream when I am sick or having a bad allergy flare up. I TRY to obey his orders. In times like this, when I am feeling like crud, I take** Benadryl**. It effectively stops my nose from running and the post nasal drip that makes me crazy is greatly reduced. My head doesn't feel so full and I feel better. Alas, I also feel tired. If I take two, I will take a nap. But it's a very pleasant nap!

I generally take just one pill and I don't feel too drowsy to continue my daily activities. At night, I may take two if I am feeling really cruddy. **Benadryl** helps me when I have a cold and even more so when my allergies act up. I am severely allergic to dust and other things and I take a **Benadryl** before I go into places that I know will trigger my allergies and I avoid most of the nastiness that allergies cause.

We have **Benadryl Allergy Medicine** in the house at all times. It is great for colds, regular allergies, and emergent allergies. I once started breaking out is a very weird, raised rash and was itching like crazy. My doctor said to take **Benadryl** ASAP before even beginning to figure out what was causing the allergic reaction. It quickly settled my symptoms down and I found it was the sunscreen I was using.

The generic form or store brand form of **Benadryl** really is the exact same thing but we tend to buy the real thing unless it's much higher priced than the store brand. I just like having actual **Benadryl** around.

Speaking of which, it's time to take another one. They only last 4-6 hours but that's OK with me. That means if I do get drowsy, I'm not out of it for eight or 12 hours. When I take the medication before bed, I very rarely wake up earlier than I would have because it wore off and I need to take more. It's good stuff for a variety of things and, for those who can't take decongestants, it's a lifesaver. Actually, for those who have a serious allergic reaction to something, **Benadryl** can REALLY save your life so always have some on hand!

***My Viewpoint***

If you have allergies,** Benadryl Allergy Medicine** can help you to get through them with a minimum of side effects. If you have a cold and need something to help stop a runny nose and post nasal drip, Benadryl works fast and well. If you can't take a decongestant for any reason,** Benadryl** can get you through a tough cold or even a bout of the flu.

It does NOT help to break up chest mucus and, if you feel you need something to do that, ask your doctor about* Muscinex *which does not have any side effects and can be taken with **Benadryl** even if you have health issues that preclude the usual cold medications. I give **Benadryl Allergy Medicine** 5 stars. I never leave home without it and I never let my home BE without it.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Drixoral-Meclizine-Aleve-and-Benadryl-Four-OTC-Medications-That-Never-Let-Me-Down-review-a0382

A good temporary fix

I prefer natural remedies to man-made ones, and over-the-counter to prescription remedies. That said, this seems to be a good quick fix for allergy symptoms. I have rarely ever had seasonal allergy problems before, but just recently got a really bad case of it. Benedryl saved me from suffering terribly (from a drippy nose and constant sneezing), but by no means did it make my symptoms go away completely. It also made me terribly drowsy, and I have difficulty enough with having enough energy during the day without this adding to it. It also seems to last for only a few hours at a time. Another negative is that it didn't help my itchy eyes at all- I had to get something else for that problem. When all is said and done, I have decided to keep Benedry Allergy medicine on hand to treat sudden severe attacks, especially if it happens in the evening, when drowsiness won't matter as much. I probably won't recommend it to friends unless they are in similar circumstances.

Great product

from TN

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

My family tries to keep a medicine cabinet full of different common medicines that we may need and Benadryl is always one of them. I do not take it very often, but it is nice to have it on hand if I need it. I usually take it when I have a bad cold. I like it because it really helps my stopped up nose and head. It makes it easy to breathe! The only thing I do not like about it is it makes me sleepy of course. I also like to take Benadryl when I get stung by a bee or wasp. Stings make me swell up really bad and the Benadryl always helps with that and the itching it sometimes causes. I would recommend this to anyone who needs relief from allergy problems, but be careful because it can make you very tired!

I have had really good results using Benadryl.

The pills are very small and slick so they are very easy to swallow.

Immediacy
Benadryl works pretty fast for me. I can take it and about twenty or thirty minutes I can feel it working.

Literally a lifesaver

from Spencerport, NY

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

I have used this product a few times when I have been feeling sick due to my allergies. Helps to alleviate some of my typical aliments such as running nose, sinus headaches/pain etc. It helps me to get through a long workday when I know I am not able to go to the doctors until later or even the next day. I have also taken it as a preventative if I know I am going hiking and whatnot if I think the pollen is going to bother me later.

Also, this summer my brother in law got stung by a bee and did not know that he was allergic until he started to have a reaction and he couldn't breath. Luckily they had some of this in the house and were able to take it while on the way to the hospital. Had he not taken the Benadryl he may not have made it to the hospital in time. I will definitely be keeping Benadryl in my cupboard at all times just in case!

Small pill. easy to swallow...great for wusses like me!

Feel human again

from Mexico, MO

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

I know you might think my title feel human again is odd , but if you have ever had a allergy attack you know how awful you can feel like you are hooked to a water hose the way your eyes are watering, your nose is running, your sneezing and for some of it is it lots worst than that. You feel awful or I do, I guess I am lucky that I only have fall allergies but they are terrible and I just can't enjoy life with a allergy attack, Benadryl does the trick for me stopping the running nose, itchy eyes and sneezing.
Oh my what results I couldn't believe how much better I felt.
I did switch and try another product and was sad about how it felt for me to feel like I had a cotton mouth so the very next day back to the store (for me that is a 15 mile drive each way but total worth it) to get me my Benadryl Allergy pills they do not make you feel like you have a mouth full of cotton also as some people have told me their allergy medicine makes them sleepy but Benadryl Allergy doesn't have any side affects for me just total relief.

no more sneezing, running nose or eyes for me

just take a pill what could be easier

works fast

• Immediacy:

Aside from the liquid version, this is my first choice.

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

While the liquid Benadryl is my favorite allergy medicine, the pill version is great too. Kicks in within the first 30-60 minutes of taking. Only drawback - puts me to sleep every single time, so I can't use it if I'm going to have to drive a long distance.

When my allergies hit, they hit hard and I am a total wreck. Itchy watery eyes that destroy makeup, mini-hives and super itchy skin, sneezing and gross runny noses. Plus, my allergies also trigger my asthma if left untreated long enough. These pills really knock out my symptoms quicker than any other pill solution does.

You just take the pill and go. Sometimes the packaging is impossible to open, but that's really the only complaint.

Immediacy
Quickest of pill allergy medication, usually kicks in about 30-60 minutes after taking. I only rate it a 9 because the liquid form will always work faster, usually less than twenty minutes. Benadryl is really one of the few times I prefer to buy the name brand simply because of the immediacy of the product's effect.

• Immediacy:

Benadryl allergy is the one product you need for allergies.

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

This product has proven over and over to be the one allergy medication my family needs. We have used it for insect bites and allergic reactions and it always does the job. We take it with us to the beach in case of a jellyfish sting. We keep it handy in our medicine cabinet for any food allergies and we have even used it for our dog during allergy season. The veterinarian usually lets us know the dosage according to our dog's size.

It always relieves any allergy we have whether it be an allergy to an insect bite or any kind of seasonal allergy.

It is very easy, usually 1-2 tablets is all you need.

Immediacy
It usually helps relieve symptoms very quickly.

Great product!

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

For a person with terrible allergies of all kinds, these tablets are amazing! I suffer from sinus allergies all year round and I also have trouble sleeping because of those allergies so I can easily take one of these tablets about 30-45 minutes before I want to sleep and I am out like a light. I have also taken Benadryl before for itchy skin and hives and it works wonders for this as well.

This product has been around for awhile and it is still a quality brand. It can be found in any drug store and it is a great price compared to many other brands on the market! The only con about the tablets is the packaging is a "blister" package. I have not seen a bottle of the tablets on the market.

The pill is small and very easy to swallow with a gulp of water. I do not recommend taking anything without liquid but these are easy to take without liquid if necessary.

Immediacy
Benadryl tablets work pretty quickly. I have seen results in 20 minutes but also 30-45 minutes.

Super Effective!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

Benadryl is my go to product when I have an allergy attack and need relief fast. I've used many of their formulas and continue to keep them in my medicine cabinet all the time.

This goes to work within half an hour or so and gets rid of my sneezing, runny nose, and itchy, watery eyes. All my symptoms just disappear and I feel back to normal and can actually breathe through my nose again.

Frankly, I can't tell any difference between the Ultratabs and the usual capsules. They are both super effective and work really fast. I usually just buy whichever is cheaper.

Unfortunately, this does have the side effect of making me very sleepy. So sleepy that I usually just take it right before bed. It actually works out very well since i wake up the next morning symptom free and ready to go.

This is not for longer term allergy control though. I've found other products are more effective at that but this is great for short term allergies. You just can't get any more effective than this!

severe allergy relief

from Evensville, TN

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

This product is great for severe allergies. It helps me when I get hives and rashes from being exposed to my allergens. However it can make you drowsy so be aware of your individual reaction. This is the best product on the market for severe allergic reactions.This medicine works when others do not.

This product is great at easing symptoms of severe allergic reactions. I always keep it on standby. It works fast at helping with my worst allergy symptoms. This is the very best allergy product for your worst allergy symptoms such as itchy water eyes, rashes, hives, and runny noses. The only thing it does not help with is stuffy noses.

The pills are easy to swallow and the dosing instructions are easy to understand.

Immediacy
This product works fast at easing my severe symptoms. This product is the best for severe reactions to allergens. It works wonderful at reducing my symptoms.

• Immediacy:

Benadryl is my got to medicine!

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

I swear this over the counter medication is the best ever! I am allergic to insects. I get a bite I take a Benadryl and all is well. Horrible allergies hit in the spring; pop a Benadryl and all is well again. Same thing with a cold. It is cheap and works really quick. Also the best sleep I get is after taking a Benadryl.

Benadryl is very effective at relieving the symptoms it claims (itchy eyes, runny nosy, scratchy throat, etc). For me, it only takes one pill a day. I do not suggest taking this though if you have to go to work or drive. It makes you very drowsy really quick.

Very easy to take! I just take pill and go! This is also one medicine I can take on an empty stomach. Most medications I have to eat a full meal before taking or I get really sick.

Immediacy
This pill works so fast! Within 10 minutes, I feel so much better! It continues to work throughout the day much better than Claritin and Zyrtec.

A life saver

from New City, NY

Comments about Benadryl Allergy Ultratab Tablets:

I am not a regular user of any medication. When i get stuffed up and can't breath I go for this. It is a life saver. It opens up my nasal passages and drys up the mucus before it goes down to my chest and causes more problems.My dog was having problems breathing and I started giving this to her almost all year round. It definitely help and it wasn't a prescription drug.

It works. almost 100%