View more routers

Belkin Wireless G Plus Router

Belkin Wireless G Plus Router

3.3

Essential User-Friendly Router

I needed a router to have wireless capability for guests that were staying in my apartment. Having always been a desktop user with no real need for a laptop I knew next to nothing about routers. Fortunately several of my guests left a Belkin wireless G behind as a token of their appreciation. The Belkin wireless G is just the all-purpose tool I was looking for.

The Belkin wireless G allows for unlimited wireless computer access within my apartment.

It's a solid and reliable router that rarely requires any sort of maintenance at all.

Setup & Ease of Use
Configuring the wireless G was fairly simple. I downloaded installation instructions from the internet , and called the customer support number to program the device. They were very knowledgeable and had it configured in no time. Having done this once I have been able to quickly and easily install and uninstall the router as needed without calling customer support.

Service & Support
The support staff that I spoke with were also very experienced. They eliminated much of the ambiguity that would have otherwise come to the forefront, which in turn decreased the time and effort that I needed to spend to have wireless in my apartment.

Not good for double storey home, long distance. Not consistent

This must is horrible  wireless MIMO router and I cannot return it as i have exceed the date for  return policythough not its that difficult to setup.  My PCs are wired to the router while my laptop is setup for wireless.The wireless connectivity is not consistant. Its keep breaking on and off.. The router is placed on the second storey. I never get any connection in the first storey of my house.   The workaround is to unplug the AC Adapter and   plug it back in. That is temporary, but what that does is interrupts the rest of my PCs connection. I checked Belkin Support site and there is no firmware update to alleviate this problem. Contacting  their Tech Support is a waste of time. i Senceliy regert buying it. Linksys would ahve been a better option

Well worth the money!

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

I am not quite sure why anybody would rely on hard-wired internet. We got this router several years ago and it has never failed us. The only problems we have ever had with our internet connection have been on the telephone company's end. A couple of times we couldn't get it to work and they blamed it on the router and every time they were wrong. The router can be connected to easily and with clarity next door. We have 3 computers, 3 tablets and multiple cell phones that pull of this router and sometimes there are many of them working off it all at once. It was super easy to set up as well. We have been through 3 or 4 modems from the telephone company but still have the same router. The greatest thing is it allows internet all throughout the house and you do not have people fighting or waiting to get on the internet. We never have a problem with it. You just can not beat it. I honestly do not even remember how much we paid for it, but it was well worth the money!

• Setup & Ease of Use:
  • Service & Support:

Essential User-Friendly Router

Setup & Ease of Use

Service & Support

• Setup & Ease of Use:
  • Service & Support:

perfect for a person with good knowledge on networking

from Mobile, AL

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

this router has straight forward menu with the best advantage of mac address filtering which does not allow others to enter the network even if somebody has hacked the password u r safe but the users using ur router at present is not displayed so that we can block him its not that bad but perfect for low budget and single house for good signal

Great deal for the money

from Martinsburg, WV

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

I found that for the price, this wireless is a great product.  It is rarely ever an issue to connect, and it does everything it is supposed to, the way it is supposed to.  I had never networked computers, I am ok with PC's, not great, I found the set up was very easy, explained well.

so fast I almost tripped

from 371297447

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

After having dialup for years, I feel like I am just flying using broadband and this wireless router. My daughter and I are both on line, and pages seem to just fly. This Christmas, my grandson is going to be hooked up with "fly power" for his computer, too. He is autistic/bipolar and loves things that move fast and work right.

Great Customer Service on initial setup.

from Fitzgerald, GA

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

When I first purchased this wireless router to connect to my dsl router, I was confused.  I immediately called the Belking support and they walked me through every step making it easy to set up.  I haven't had any problems with this router, but I'm sure if I did I would get the same great support as I did in the beginning.

Works well, easy to set up and install.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

If you need to set up a wireless networking system in your home, this is the way to go. Easy to install and set up, even for a first-timer. Excellent value, especially if you compare it to how much it would cost to have the cable company install it and then pay extra for monthly service. I defintely trust Belkin networking products and would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Customer service is not up to par

from Parsons, TN

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

I bought this router when I got my wii. I set it up easily, and it worked for a whileand then when I had issues with it I called customer service. I had trouble understanding what the man was saying and he acted as if the problems were my fault. I ended up getting frustrated and I ixed the problem myself. If you good at troubleshooting yourself it not a bad buy.

A don't buy recommendation

from Cape Coral, FL

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

Alter having past success with Belkin products, I purchased this router expecting a quality product.  While the performance was acceptable, the physical unit was shoddily built.  Half of the RJ-45 connectors in the back of the unit were of such poor quality that the network cables fall out.

Not Impressed

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Belkin Wireless G Plus Router:

This router did what it was intended to do "sometimes." After about a year of reliable connectivity, I began to have to unplug and replug the router to get a signal, this normally would happen about once a week. Finally, I lost a routing signal all together and could only use my laptop if it were plugged directly to the modem. After battling on the phone with Belkin reps for over 2 HOURS, I was told that the problem lied within my modem and not the router, clearly this was just an excuse because I was connected via the modem. Disappointed, I moved on to Netgear, much happier now!