3.1
Belkin
Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad

Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad

3.1

I highly recommend the Belkin Cooling Pad for hot laptops.

If you never had a laptop cooling pad before, I highly recommend this one.  My laptop has a history of cooling issues (already had to get the motherboard replaced); I purchased another cooling pad that had two fans, thinking it would be much better.  I must say, the two fan cooling pad was an "epic fail".  When I purchased the Belkin Cooling Pad after the previous one hopelessly broke, I instantly felt a difference.  My left hand did not get first degree burns anymore, and Speedfan noted the temperatures remained at a good 43 degrees Celcius instead of the previous 60-80 degrees Celcius readings I got when I used the previous fans.  The Belkin cooling pad showed a HUGE improvement, and it only uses one fan!I highly recommend this cooling pad, but the slope may be uncomfortable to some.  My laptop also tends to slip down the slope when I am gaming/graphics designing/programming/typing; it tends to be annoying when I have to reposition my laptop.  Otherwise, this cooling pad is the best out of the ones I used so far.The fan is also noisy, but my old ones were noisy too, so I can't really consider it a Con.

very loud, and a bit awkward

The Belkin Laptop cooling pad does the job of keeping your lap top cool.But I don't like how it does it. The cooling pad is a device placed under the laptop that has a fan to keep the computer running cool. Our last lap top burned out and we lost everything. It was a hard lesson learned! Now we do regular back ups and use this cooling pad with our new laptop.

There are much better cooling pads out there than this one.  The Belkin pad is awkward, i find if I knock my laptop, it slips around on the pad. There are these two rubber like strips that are supposed to keep that from happening except  they don't work that well. Also the flap that tips the computer at an angle, closes way too easily. If you move the computer, the flap flips in and when you try to open it, you scrape your fingers on the blades making a scary noise and hurting your finger tips. The most annoying problem with the Belkin cooling pad is how loud the fan motor is. It is intrusive and i find i turn it off often so i can concentrate better.

I wish we had spent more money to get a cooling pad that worked without all the annoyances this one has.

I liked it at first....

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

At first I thought this product was great and I used it a lot, but the fan stopped working all the time and the stand part ended up breaking. I was happy with the price, but I wouldn't buy again because of the things wrong that I just mentioned. It could have been a good product. I like that your computer doesn't slide off of it though. It is a little different design. It's an okay product if yours works better than mine.

does what it says and works

from Palo Alto, CA

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

I have to be honest here I brought this because the one I wanted was not available to buy, but frankly in the end I was glad I brought this one as it works the way it should and keeps the computer running cool.

I would reccommend this product to anyone

Better cooling pads out there

from Essex, MD

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

I liked this product when I first purchased it because I was getting tired of my laptop getting so hot on my lap. It seemed to do the job but after awhile I realized that the fan only works if you have it positioned perfectly straight. The hard surface also gets uncomfortable after awhile. If you want to have your laptop on a slant, it definitely is uncomfortable. I have since purchased another cooling pad that I am much happier with.

I highly recommend the Belkin Cooling Pad for hot laptops.

from Los Angeles, CA

Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad Model F5L001 digs into your legs

from Beverly Hills, FL

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

CONS: The Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad Model F5L001 is not the most comfortable laptop cooler when used on your lap.  The two legs dig into your thighs making it uncomfortable after a while. The fan doesn't last long but just using the pad without a fan has been enough to keep my computer cool.  Other computers may generate more heat though, hence the need for a laptop cooler pad. If you need to get up and put the cooling pad with your computer on a table, it is very wobbly.  I have never used the pad on a desk top since my computer doesn't get very hot but when using it on a table top, there is a fold out foot on the bottom of the pad.  I am sure this would take care of the wobble problem but why should I have to unfold the leg just to temorarily set it on a table?  When I travel, this pad does not fit inside my computer case.  The curved shape makes it too bulky for travel.

PROS: The Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad is inexpensive compared to other brands. It is made of plastic therefor is light weight.  The USB cable is stored in a special compartment on the bottom of the cooling pad so you don't loose it.

After using the Belkin for the past 1 1/2 years, I am going to shop for a different cooling pad.  I will let you know how I rate that one.

Works Great

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

I bought this Belkin cooling pad because my other one was going bad and very noisy. This belkin is very quiet and works great. My computer is on constantly, for at least 12-18 hours a day(used for business also) and over heats. This keeps it cool and my computer can stay on. It is very quiet, you almost think it is not on. Also you do not need a plug in for electricity. Just plug it into the computer and you are ready to go. Great. The only drawback is the little wire used to plug into the computer goes under the pad so it is a little rocky. But really not that noticable. All in all it is a great product. I would recommend it and buy another one if needed. Because you do not need a plug for electricity you can actually take it anywhere you want. No looking around for an electrical outlet, which when you are out and about can be very hard to find. Because of the design air can flow through so it can stay cooler. It is a good price also.

Works as Advertised

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

First off, I've used 3 of these because of the fans failing. When the fans don't fail...it works great! I prefer the black color though, it looks a lot cleaner and doesn't stain or scuff easily. It seems to keep my laptops running cooler and provides a mount for me. I don't like the plastic construction of the entire cooling pad though so if you are under a budget get this. Otherwise I would get something more solid and durable perhaps with more fans as that would be effective in the cooling department. Belkin is a good brand for laptop accessories though. Get this if you need something ASAP and your laptop is dying from heat problems. Other than that I would wait and do some more research because there are definitely better cooling solutions out there!!!!!Pros:

-decent price-somewhat works as advertised-looks nice for the most part-also mounts the laptop off the surface so that helps with the cooling

Belkin laptop cooling pad... so far so good...

from Mount Dora, FL

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

I wouldn't need this cooling pad if I didn't have a crappy HP dv4t laptop (check out that review if you like) but I do so I need it.  The cooling pad is somewhat small, my 14.1 inch HP covers the whole thing.  If you've got a bigger laptop, say a 17" screen, I wouldn't recommend this.  The fan is relatively quiet, hooks up to a USB port, and the curvey style of the pad is at least a decent idea to promote better and more consistent airflow, although perhaps a gimmick.  It seems cheap but sturdy enough for my laptop to sit on it without worries.  The cooling pad has only one fan, as opposed to two I've seen on others (but I've not tested those).  The fan on my laptop is running quieter as well so it seems to be working.   I say so far so good because it does in fact seemed to have cooled my laptop down a bit, at least for now, but it's very new to me so we'll see how long it lasts.  I've heard these things can break easily.  So far so good...

Outstanding Laptop Cooler

from Federal Way, WA

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

The Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad is the best (and cheapest!) cooling pad I have ever used.  It is powered by a little USB cable that conveniently hides in a little compartment on the back of the cooling pad.  I used this on both my 17" laptop that was notorious for overheating, and on my 10" netbook that normally runs pretty cool.

My only complaint is that if you want to use this on your lap or a soft surface like a bed and put the fan on, it can be a little bit awkward.  If it's on your lap, you have to position your legs basically around the sides of the cooling pad or else you'll block the fan on the bottom.  Same goes for putting the pad on carpeting or a bed.  The little foot doesn't do too much to keep the fan up and away from a soft surface.  However, for the most part, if I use this while my netbook is on my lap or a soft surface that blocks the fans on the computer, I don't even need to turn on the fan.  The curve of the cooling pad allows enough air to circulate under my netbook even without the fan, and it performs just as it would if the laptop was sitting on a desk.  It's been going strong for over a year, and I'm incredibly pleased with this purchase.  Even if it stopped functioning, I would buy another one because for the price, it outlasts and outperforms expectations.

Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad Is "Cool"

from Fowlerville, MI

Comments about Belkin Laptop Cooling Pad:

It is a klnown fact that one of the most common reasons for Laptop failure is overheat.  Just Google it and check out the facts.  I bought the Belkin Laptop cooling pad because it offered an adjustable incline for the Laptop and was very comfortable on you Lap.  Use it and extend your Notebook & Battery life!