Other Paints:
Behr

Behr Paint (All Varieties)

Although this is not the best paint in the world, it's a good one that I have used many times over the years. If you go to the Home Depot, you'll see it everywhere in the paint department. It's a good quality paint at a good price. There are a few others I use most often but there are times when this is the paint for the job.

Quality
This paint is a good quality and goes on smoothly with a minimal amount of drips due to the viscosity which is thick.

I painted interior and exterior and 7 years later, it's still looks good although the exterior trim needs a little touching up.

Coverage
Good coverage if you're going light over light or dark over dark. Light over dark or dark over light may require an extra coat. This is the slight drawback but if you stay close to the original shade, it's fine.

Ease of Appliation
It's very easy to apply as it has a nice thick viscosity and goes easily on a brush or roller. Always remember to mix the paint well after it has been sitting for awhile. Many people forget. Your local hardware store or paint store will mix it for you. A stir stick isn't always the best option. Pigment will settle on the bottom and the paint will not cover well.

Not as good as they say

This product claims to be the best   I found that even though they say no primer needed as it is already in the product this is a false statement.  We painted the entire house inside and out and we needed much more than just the one coat as they claim it takes to paint.  We had many highs and lows in the paint and areas that just had to keep going over.  The darker the color the harder the job.  It took multiple coats to cover the white walls.  I used a forest green and it took 5 coats to even out the color.  So don't let them get you to belive that one coat is all that it takes.  Plan on at least 2 coats possibly three depending on the colors you have decided to use.  Exterior paint seemed to cover better in house than the interior as I used the exterior white to paint my interior doors it took a total of 1 coat per door.  So the best deal is exterior paint on the inside.

Behr Paint & Primer is just a HOT MESS!

from Cleveland, Ohio

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Low Odor

Cons

• Messy
  • Uneven Coat

Comments about Behr Paint (All Varieties):

Behr Paint & Primer is by far the worst paint I have ever used! I not only used it once...but twice! What was I thinking?! I used PP Satin for bedroom walls, light blue to cover over antique white ...took 3 coats! Coverage was pitiful and it dries too fast, making it impossible to smooth out or blend in roller over-lap lines. My second disaster was using Behr PP Semi-gloss enamel to paint the woodwork...again I was using "Powdered Snow" to cover white...3 more coats! Using expensive, professional grade brushes...it left streaks on top of streaks! After almost 40 yrs. painting many rooms multiple times in several homes, using this Paint & Primer paint was the most frustrating, aggravating experience ever! Yes, I've learned my lesson...I'm done with Behr!

it very good fir use

from united states

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Coats Well

Cons

• Offers Little Protection

• New Home

very nice

Markee

from West Creek, NJ 08092

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Adds Protection
    • Clearly Superior
    • Coats Well
    • Great Color
    • Low Odor

Cons

• Caused Bubbles
    • Created Small Bubbles On
    • Exterior Door

• Exterior Painting

Comments about Behr Paint (All Varieties):

Used your Markee brand and found it superior works best with a roller on door and trim. After first coat developed small bubbles that I have been unable to solve. Please email me back with a solution as I am hearing impaired and find it difficult to tslk on the phonr. John Chasmar

Behr paint causes allergy attacks

Comments about Behr Paint (All Varieties):

Behr paint will cause allergic reactions to your body. Hives will appear after using the paint and will last for months.

The worst thing is that Behr will not care!

Bad to your health

The allergic reactions will last for several months.

Coverage
    Hives will cover your entire body.

Ease of Appliation
    Very easy to cause allergic reactions

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Great coverage

from Harvard Il

Comments about Behr Paint (All Varieties):

Just recently I had been on a painting spree. Having a new apartment and with that having to choose paint colors that I would want to live with. I am a very indecisive person when it comes to colors. Don't get me wrong I love color I just have a color phobia when it comes to deciding what to paint the walls. Being a creative person you would think it would come easy to me, but what it comes down to I am a very bland person.....but when I went shopping for paint I had to choose Behr it comes with paint and primer in one, which is very helpful with covering over anything existing things on the walls and it does not take as many coats to cover either. They have a wide selection of colors and shades of colors to choose from (mind you that made my process a bit harder as well....ugh too many choices and then I get lost) but eventually I did choose and I am very happy with what I had found. Yoga daze,melting moment and effervescent are now happily painted on my apartment walls! I love every mellow moment and it didn't take me long to complete the job. Behr is a great brand.

Decent paint.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Behr Paint (All Varieties):

I used this to paint my daughter's room a baby pink with white accents about two years ago. For the pink, we had to use three coats, which was kind of pain because we were rushing to get her room finished. We used a big roller brush for the main parts, so it did not take much time. After two years, it has held up pretty well, but there has been some chipping towards the bottom. I believe that is from my daughter rolling basketballs and soccer balls against the wall when she's playing. It is not too hard, so I would not expect it to really come off, but I guess after being touched so many times it will eventually. She is constantly hanging pictures with tape and taking them down, and it has not come off because of that.

Quality
    It is quite sheer and needs a few coats when using lighter colors. We used three for light pink, but I think four would have given a much better look. It has held up alright, but I would not use this if you are looking for something that is going to last the entire home's life.

It has rubbed off at the bottom from my daughter playing, which is not very hard.

Light colors are sheer.

Ease of Appliation
    It is easy, but the amount of coats can make it difficult.

• Ease of Appliation:

Best paint value all around

from Berkeley Heights, NJ

Comments about Behr Paint (All Varieties):

We've done all of our own painting. When the time came to change the color of a room in our home, we decided to try Behr paint. We had used another brand largely because the house was painted in that brand. Now we were able to make our own choices. Behr paint rolls on easily and covers very well. There are many, many colors and the stores have all kinds of brochures to take home showing rooms with popular color choices. There are also lots of paint 'chips' available to take home. Cleanup is a breeze with plain water. Keeping the walls clean is always an effort no matter what paint brand you use but with Behr, a little elbow grease works wonders. Finally, this paint is a great value, selling for less than most other brands. On holidays there's always a rebate too.

Behr Paint is no good

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Behr Paint (All Varieties):

I have to give Behr interior paint a very poor rating. I am currently painting the majority of the inside of my house. The color that I am covering up is a off white or egg shell color and I am covering it all up with basic white color. I began in a bathroom. A very tiny bathroom that isn't even 150 square feet of walls to paint which includes the ceiling. It has taken over 4 coats of Behr's paint to cover over the previous off white paint. I have used all but about a 16th of the gallon of paint in this tiny 1/2 bathroom & I'm still doing touch ups. I've never, ever had any problems with paint before this bad experience.

Quality
    unfortunately with such a bad recent experience of this paint not coating as it states it contains primer plus paint, I have to give this paint the lowest rating possible. I'm very dissatisfied with Behr's paint. I do understand that it could have just been a bad batch or maybe somehow the paint had gotten frozen during shipment to the store, but I will not use such a poor quality paint as this paint is, every again.

Not really able to say anything about the durability at this time as I have just painted within the last 60 days from this time.

Coverage
    it takes many, many coats to cover over previous paint that was just about the same tint as the new paint.

Ease of Appliation
    It applies as normal as any other paint. It just doesn't cover anything.

• Ease of Appliation:

Powdered walls. That's what I have now.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Behr Paint (All Varieties):

After extensive research online and in-store, my best friend and I chose to paint the kitchen / dining room / living room using Behr paint. I don't remember the name of the color but I would describe it as a shade of "Colonial Blue". The walls looked beautiful when we were done but what I *didn't* expect was (after an entire weekend of pouring our blood, sweat and tears into rollers, brushes and empty pizza boxes) was to run my hand down a wall that should've been smooth and dry for days and pull back a Colonial blue powder covered palm. The entire living area had powder-coated walls! I want so badly to believe it was human error and that maybe the person at the paint counter had used the wrong base or pressed the wrong button and the glue to pigment ratio had been incorrect? But the store insisted we had done something to the paint. And since my BFF and I had painted hundreds of walls in our combined lifetimes without the paint ever turning to powder before then, I can only blame the paint. It's been a few years and the paint has come off in huge smudges on some areas, despite everyone being told not to *ever* touch the walls. Unfortunately the budget hasn't allowed for a complete strip and redo yet, but when it does we will *not* be using Behr paint again.