Other Baby Foods:
Beech-Nut
Beech-Nut Baby Food

Beech-Nut Baby Food

There can be only one

Since this is the only baby food I have ever bought, I can not compare it to others, but I think that says a lot about the product. Year after year, this has been the go to. I am now wondering how much money I have given this company. Well however much it is, it was all worth it. Usually hope for a sale, but still stop at this section and this section only sale or no sale. Have been lucky to find it a few times at a local Big Lots, but it does seem to be popular/gone for the times I have been there. I would recommend it to anyone, literally anyone, not just parents, it really does make a good snack, I usually grab a few more for myself. Simple, natural ingredients. No need to look on the back for the ingredients list, buying apple banana, you're getting apple and banana, no extra sugar, sweeteners, or additives. My local big box store does carry baby food, unfortunately not this brand, so yet again it shows how good a product I think it is since I would be willing to pay more for it.

Use caution with Beechnut Homestyle Baby Food

I recently purchased nine jars of BeechNut Homestyle stage three baby food. They were all fruit combinations such as Apples, Cherries, and Plums - also Pears and Blueberries. After my son consumed the first jar, a few hours later he pooped in his diaper, and it was awful. It was coming out of his diaper and all over. At the time of the first jar, we both had a cold so I was not sure if the cold was the cause of his diarrihea. About a week later, I feed him a jar of his fruit, and again the same thing happened, only he had this problem three times during this day. He had fruit juice as well, so I was thinking that both must have upset his stomach. Then today, I fed him a jar of the BeechNut Homestyle Pears and Blueberries around three in the afternoon. I left for the store around eight o'clock in the evening, and received a phone call from daddy. Another aweful incident had happened, but this one was the worst. I now know that the cause of his diarrihea is from this baby food. He has never had this reaction to Gerber fruits, or any other type of fruit. THIS REVIEW IS TO NOTIFY MOTHERS OF A POSSIBLE CONDITION THAT MAY OCCUR IF YOU FEED YOUR BABY THIS FOOD.

Found hair on multiple occasions

from Detroit, MI

Pros

Cons

• Bad Taste

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

Yesterday my husband was going to feed our 7 month old a jar of the carrots until he found a wavy blonde hair, i tasted the carrots before he fed the baby and thought they were a little sour.. anyway I makei big deal out of it until today the very next day I opened a jar of the squash and wouldn't you know it I found a curly thin pitch black hair.. I am very upset and disgusted. I don't think we'll be buying this brand anymore

great products

from Ohio

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Easy To Prepare
      • Easy to Use
      • Keeps Well

• Infants
        • Meals
        • Snacks
        • Toddlers

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

great baby food products at a good price both my babies like them and gobble them up

BeechNut baby cereal - single grain

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

I started BeechNut Baby Cereal with single grain to my 6 month old healthy son. He vomited about 1 hour after feeding with only a few small spoons of cereal mixed with breast milk. I thought he might have got some viral infection so that I stopped solid and continued feeding with breastmilk. Restarted about 7 days later with same BeechNut baby cereal with single grain and gave her very thin cereal mixed with 10 cc breastmilk. He vomited again in 1.5 hour after feeding. I will not going to use BeechNut products again.

Love it.

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

I suppose I can't say much for the taste of them personally. But my son loves Beech Nut baby food. And I love the variety, the price, and the ingredients. If you read the labels of a lot of foods anymore, and there are atleast 10 ingredients on them that you've never heard of, let alone able to pronounce. I love beech nut because they usually have very minimal ingredients, and they are all things that I know and have no trouble reading. They are also super cheap, and there are so many different kinds and combinations of foods. When I have a choice, I always buy beech nut.

There can be only one

from Kansas City, MO

Beech-Nut Baby Food--All Natural

from Greenwell Springs, LA

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

I never purchased Beech-Nut Baby Foods much for my babies simply because it wasn't stocked at the grocery store where I shopped.

My daughter is using quite a bit of Beech-Nut Baby Food and I thought I would write up a review since this brand usually takes a back seat to the Gerber brand.

My granddaughter has been eating fruits and vegetables in the Beech-Nut brand and has not had any problems with digestion. She loves most flavors of fruits and vegetables, but like all people has her personal favorites. She loves sweet potatoes and green beans currently as her absolute favorites! This of course may change by next week!

I love the fact that Beech-Nut is a family owned company and has been producing quality baby food for over 75 years.

At this point in time, I would have to say that it is just as good as the Gerber brand of baby foods.

Quality of Ingredients
        Beech-Nut Baby Food is made from all natural ingredients. The consistency is just right and my daughter has not purchased any spoiled food in this brand.

Beech-Nut has stages that are introduced to babies in order, just like Gerber baby food.

Safety
        We have never experienced any bad food or ever found anything that doesn't belong in the food so far. The food is well sealed and you can tell if a jar has been opened before purchasing.

Nutritious baby food.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

This brand was my go to choice when choosing baby food for my child. It's not always easy to prepare homemade baby food and this product was perfect. You could just toss it in the diaper bag and go! My baby loved all of the different kinds of food available.

• Safety:

I like other brands of baby food better than Beech-Nut.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

I have two kids and when I first started buying baby food, I wanted to only feed my first child all natural, organic baby food. Four and a half years ago, organic baby food wasn't quite as readily available as it is today, so I would read the back of labels to decide what I wanted to buy in place of the sought after organic baby food I couldn't find. Back then, I wasn't real fond of **Beech-Nut Baby Food**, but they have improved over the years and I now feed my second son some of their toddler snacks.

Quality of Ingredients
        Four years ago, I would not have bought anything Beech-Nut, but they now have toddler snacks made from all natural ingredients. Some of them are kind of gross, but some of them are good, healthy snacks. I like to read the labels of Beech-Nut thoroughly before I buy anything of theirs. Beech-Nut is far from my favorite brand of baby food, but if you have to, you can find some decent items.

Safety
        I question the size and texture of some of their toddler snacks. Some seem too large, so you as a parent will need to decide if it's something your little one can eat, or if you need to break it into smaller pieces.

• Safety:

Honest and Natural Baby Food.

from Levittown, PA

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

Overall, this is my hands down favorite brand of baby food. When you turn the product around and look at the ingredients label, it normally is the actual fruit or vegetable, water, and maybe Vitamin C. Other jarred baby foods contain much longer ingredient lists and have me questioning what I am serving to my child. When I see so many artificial and unnecessary additives to baby food, I really wonder how nutritional the product can be. Not with Beech-Nut, this stuff is really the best.

Natural and wholesome!

• Safety:

After trying it, my son started having diarrhea

Comments about Beech-Nut Baby Food:

My son was on Gerber rice cereal then we started him on Beechnut oatmeal. He normally poops 3x a week or every other day even with the rice cereal but after having the oatmeal he pooped right away. He seemed to like the taste so I continued giving it to him but noticed he was having diarrhea and was pooping 10x a day in a span of 24 hours! I don't know if this was the cause of it or it was a coincidence.