4.8
Specialty Mattresses, Memory Foam Mattresses
BedInABox.com
19-21-SER
BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress

Summary

The Serenity GEL Memory Foam Mattress with CoolRest® Adaptive Technology is our coolest sleeping mattress. It has a plush/medium feel allowing you to softly float on the surface, yet still feel supported and comfortable. It also uses two different types of CoolRest® Adaptive material in combination with our cooler sleeping CoolRest® Gel Memory foam to make a mattress that sleeps more comfortably than you can imagine.

The 2 inch Serenity Cover has two layers of phase changing material that work together to absorb excess heat and release it to the body as needed, and is based on technology originally developed for use in astronaut space suits. Underneath the pillow top cover is a 3 inch layer of memory foam along with an 8 inch layer of high resiliency support foam for soft comfort and long lasting durability. The overall height of the mattress is 13 inches tall.

BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress

4.8

Pros

• Comfortable (12)
  • Holds shape (12)
  • Good support (11)
  • Durable (7)
  • Soft feel (7)

• Primary bed (13)
    • Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • High-end shopper (8), Midrange shopper (3)

Amazingly great mattress

We were somewhat skeptical of buying a mattress on the internet, but we are thrilled we did so! We have had 2 or 3 weeks of sleep like never before and we can only attribute this to the new mattress!

Support
My husband and I are not large people - 115 lb and 165 - so we do not sink into the mattress much, but that does not impair the support of the mattress.

Firmness
Although the description says the mattress is soft-med, I feel it is closer to med (almost firm) maybe due to us not being heavy people. But, it is still comfortable!

Too firm for us. Wake up with back hurting.

Good mattress

from Austin, tx

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Soft Feel

Use as primary bed

Too firm for us. Wake up with back hurting.

from De queen, Ar

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Holds Shape
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Cons

• Too Hard

So Far So Good

from Rohnert Park, CA

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape
    • Not Hot
    • Soft Feel
    • Sturdy

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress:

I've only had this mattress for about a week. Despite some of the other reviews, I adjusted just fine to the mattress right away. I sleep on my back, side and stomach. All are comfortable. I was concerned the mattress would be too warm and that hasn't been a problem. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because it's early and the mattress is so heavy and hard to deal with initially, but no other complaints thus far. So far so good!

May have been able to find better price elsewhere but happy

from Playa Vista, CA

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Doesn't Sleep Hot
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape

Cons

• High Price
    • Too Hard

Comments about BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress:

This is the third mattress we are trying out after Casper and Saatva.

Casper was really comfortable but slept hot for my husband.

BedInABox Serenity solved that issue and although it is a little firmer than the Casper (and slightly less comfortable) I'm glad we have a memory foam mattress that doesn't sleep hot.

We could have possibly saved $1,000 and tried out the Loom & Leaf (which is supposed to sleep cooler since it's gel based) but we got tired of trying out mattresses and are going to stick with the Serenity.

awesome bed

from upstate ny

About Me Budget Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
    • Good Support
    • Holds Shape

Comments about BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress:

has held up. was nervous at first however the bed went to shape and form as it was suppose to and really quickly

Love it enough to fill out a review form.

from Columbia, SC

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
      • Good Support
      • Holds Shape
      • Soft Feel
      • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress:

Can't say enough about this. Combined it with a Tempu Ergo Premier Base and I'm sleeping better than I ever have in my life. For someone like me who is plagued with countless poor nights rest, this mattress and base combination is everything. Thank you!

I am glad I went with this bed.

from Massachusettes

About Me Budget Shopper

Verified Buyer

Pros

• Comfortable
        • Good Support
        • Holds Shape
        • Soft Feel
        • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress:

I was nervous about getting something online,but I really love the mattress.

You can't go wrong with this mattress!

from Falls Church, VA

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
          • Good Support
          • Holds Shape
          • Soft Feel
          • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress:

This is a great mattress company and I would definitely buy from them again. We were looking for a replacement for our full mattress and we got a perfect queen mattress that exceeds our expectations! We hope to not buy another mattress again for a while, but if we do, it will be another Bed In A Box mattress.

Heaven in a box!

from Cincinnati, OH

About Me High-end Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
            • Good Support
            • Holds Shape

Comments about BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress:

I purchased this bed after comparing all of the memory foam vendors through various web reviews (Sleep Like the Dead was most helpful). Have nothing but positive things to say! The mattress is incredibly comfortable. My husband has shoulder pain and is able to sleep on his side with no problem. I tend to be warm at night, and the gel keeps me from overheating like other memory foams can do. We don't wake each other with tossing and turning any more either. I had a 2" memory foam topper on a mattress before this, and can say there is no comparison. The full memory foam mattress is worlds better. And it is fun watching it expand! The foundation was very easy to put together; I did it by myself in less than an hour. There was no chemical smell at all, and as an asthmatic, I am very sensitive to that. I highly recommend the mattress and Bed in a Box overall!

This Bed is out of the box!

from Indianapolis, IN

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
              • Good Support
              • Holds Shape
              • Soft Feel
              • Sturdy

Comments about BedInABox.com Serenity Gel with Outlast Technology Mattress:

The Bed-In-A-Box was a cautious purchase for us since we bought it without seeing it or laying on it in person. It however has been one month and we are definitely glad we made the purchase. Great customer service phone call during purchase to assist in making a decision on the best mattress for us. Very fast shipping. Only problem: metal bed frame was damaged by FedEx during delivery. Bedinabox responded immediately and sent us a new one at no charge.
                Frame, foundation & mattress were fairly easy to put together and set up.
                The mattress itself is great: soft, yet good support. Have slept on Tempur-Pedic for last 15 years and this is just as good if not better!
                We love it.
                The 120 day money back guarantee made it possible for us to risk buying it from the internet: Great feature.