Other Contact Lens Cares:
Bausch + Lomb
Bausch + Lomb ReNu MultiPlus Multi-Purpose Solution No Rub formula

Bausch + Lomb ReNu MultiPlus Multi-Purpose Solution No Rub formula

Eliminate Contact Lens Worry, With Renu MultiPlus

Keeping contact lenses clean can be quite a chore, especially for those who use extended wear lenses. The lenses have to be scrubbed gently with cleaning fluid, stored in saline solution, and enzymed every few weeks to keep them as clean and wearable as possible. I have been using contact lenses for about fifteen years, and I graduated from extended wear to disposable lenses around 1995. This helped to eliminate the need for enzyme and scrubbing with daily cleaner. But I still need to worry about disinfecting, and this is where Renu comes into play. Renu is unique in that it combines cleaning agents with ordinary saline solution into a mixture that performs its job so well, you don't even need to scrub your lenses anymore. This solution eliminates protein deposits and disinfects, making your contact lenses feel squeaky clean on your eyes and sparkling clear, just like new. Even with disposable contacts, protein deposits can build up. And even though most people just throw them away after two weeks (manufacturer's recommendation, in most cases), you can extend the life of your disposable contacts by using Renu instead of ordinary saline solution.  In some instances, Bausch & Lomb recommends rubbing your contacts with this solution. The solution is called "No Rub" because you don't necessarily have to rub with Renu to make it work effectively. But if your lenses already have protein deposits, then using Renu straight from the bottle may not be enough. You might consider rubbing the lenses on each side with Renu first, then storing, to achieve maximum results.  Contact cleaning is a chore and it can make some people have second thoughts about wearing contacts in the first place. I was overjoyed when disposable contacts came out because they helped to eliminate most of the annoyances that extended wear contacts always bring (discomfort over time, worry about tearing a lens, and various additional cleanings). And now, with Renu MultiPlus Solution, I don't need to worry about germs and premature protein buildup on my disposable lenses anymore. Contact and eye care has never been any easier, thanks to Renu MultiPlus, from Bausch & Lomb. It costs more than regular saline solution but the convenience easily justifies the price.

My eyes felt blurry all the time!

The Bausch & Lomb ReNu MultiPlus Multi Purpose Solution No Rub formula didn't seem to work very well for me, my eyes felt blurry all the time, and sometimes got extremely itchy. After talking to a new eye doctor about this problem I had been having I was given a reason to why this was happening. My contacts and the solution did not work well together. I use to wear acuvue contacts with hydraclear in them, and used this solution, but ended up having continouous problems all the time. I felt like my eye sight was even getting worse. So I ended up switching to different contacts and different solution best for those particular contacts.

Keeps your contacts clean

from Rapid City, SD

Comments about Bausch + Lomb ReNu MultiPlus Multi-Purpose Solution No Rub formula:

This is my opinion is a over-rated brand. I have tried many contact lense solutions over the years. All in all I have not ever found a kind that I have not found satisfactory. However, I do think the RENU name has gone to their heads and the product is far overpriced compared to there competitors. So...competitors..you got my business...

Not recommended

from Brooklyn, NY

I don't recommend any of the multi-purpose contact lens solutions. They chemicals used in the solutions aren't good for your eyes. Long term use can cause eye infections or in my case my cornea's were flaking off.

Try to use AoSept or Clear care.

Not the best for the price

from San Antonio, TX

I’ve worn contacts for about 10 years. In that time I’ve tried a number of different contact solutions (mostly when I was trying to save money and/or there was a really great sale). I love Bausch & Lomb Sensitive Eye rewetting drops, so I thought I’d give their contact solution a try. While Bausch & Lomb ReNu MuliPlus Multi-Purpose Solution No Rub formula is far better than the economy/super saver solutions, it isn’t the best. For the same price, I much prefer Opti-Free Express or Opti-Free Replenish. I found my contacts didn’t seem as clean when I used the ReNu (compared to either of the Opti-Free solutions). I have rather bad allergies and sometimes my eyes would be a tiny bit itchy after putting on contacts cleaned and stored in ReNu. I’m not sure if I was slightly allergic to the actual solution or if it didn’t fully clean off any allergens sticking to the lenses from the previous day. I also found my lenses were slightly more likely to tear. One other very minor complaint- I don’t like the included case much.

Doyen

from Brooklyn, NY

Baush& Lomb Renu is the solution for your contact len care, I used it and my best friend also use this product.   it's best contact len solutions, its cleanse and disinfect your contact lens. However, i would recommended this product to my friends who use contact lens.

Its comes in three sizes, small, medium, and large, Baush & Lomb Renu  is the doyen of contact len solutions,  storing rinsing, cleaning and disinfecting.. RBL was one of my first; It relieve users of the inconvenience of buying two and three different liquid solutions in the care of their contact lens.

Econonminal and available worldwide, Baush&Lomb Renu is the solution for your contact len care.

The prices is reasonable, at your local pharmacy.

Renu Multiplus No Rub formula- cleanses my lens

from Antelope, CA

When I first started wearing contact lens, I used Alcon No Rub solution to store and cleanse the lens. It was ok but left my lens blurry the morning after. Then I switched to Renu Multiplus solution to see if there was any difference. I'm glad I did. The solution dissolves any protein deposits the lens collect during normal wear, making them fresh and ready for the next day. Though it says "no rub", I still go through the process of rubbing the lens a little bit before leaving them in the case. When I take them out, I clean again to make sure dust and deposits are washed away. Compared to Alcon this solution works out better since it is more gentle and doesn't dry out the lens. I also use the Renu drop for contact lens whenever my eyes feel harsh after long hour of wear. The manufacturer raises the price now so it is a bit more expensive, but I use coupon every time going to the store. My brother also uses the same product and like it.

ReNu is great for soft contact lenses.

from Fort Wayne, IN

ReNu MultiPlus Multi-Purpose Solution is great for use with all soft contact lenses. ReNu MultiPlus No Rub Formula cleans, loosens, and removes the build-up of film, protein, other deposits, and debris from soft contact lenses without the need to rub. It removes protein most effectively when used daily. It destroys harmful micro-organisms on the surface of the lens. It also rinses, stores, and wets lenses before you put them in. Some of the key features and benefits are: removes protein during daily cleaning and disinfection, eliminates the need for a separate enzymatic cleaner in many patients when used daily, Thimerosal free/Sorbic acid free, for use as a daily cleaning solution and, for use as a rinse after used as a daily cleaner. I love my daily ReNu. it really helps to clean and restore my contacts to an almost new state just over night. I love the fact that I don't even have to rub them to get them clean. ReNu should be used by all who wear contacts.

Great price, but not my favorite...

from Indianapolis, IN

It seems like I can always find this solution on sale for fifty percent off or more by combining various drugstore deals and manufacturer's coupons. Plus, this solution is available everywhere. However, I only give it three stars, because I find it to be much more irritating than other, similar brands intended for use with soft contact lenses. I have pretty much stopped using it altogether. However, my husband loves this solution and it does not bother his eyes at all. So, I continue to buy it regularly for him, because of the low price, but buy other, generally more expensive brands for myself. This compromise winds up saving us money. Therefore, I would recommend that anyone try this solution to see if it works for them--you can get it cheaply and easly anywhere. Then, I would try other, less common brands, with fewer available coupons after, only if Renu did not work for me. It seems that different solutions work for different people--give it a try and see if it might work just fine for you.

Good contact solution

from Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been using Renu Multipurpose Solution No Rub Formula for a few years now. I have tried other brands because of sales/coupons or because my eye doctor gave me free samples, but I always come back to Renu contact solution. I have not had any problems with my contacts being grungy or uncomfotable. And every time I go to my eye doctor she says that my eyes look great, so I am thinking that Renu is preventing buildup like it should. I, like a lot of contact wearers, wear my disposable contacts longer than I should. I give some of the credit for that to this multipurpose solution. I also don't wear them at night, which is probably a large part of it, but Renu definitely does its job as far as cleaning my contacts and disinfecting them. I am so lazy that I never rub them at night, so I fully depend on the no rub claim. Seems to be legit. Sometimes when I take out my contacts at night I know that they aren't in the greatest condition, but when I put them on in the morning they feel great again.

B&L ReNu Multi purpose solution is awesome.

About 6 months ago I started wearing contact lens and starting trying out solution cleaners for my contacts.  I have used several contact lens cleaning solutions since then, but I think the Bausch and Lomb ReNu Multi-purpose No Rub formula contact solution is one of the best.  Cleaning your contact lens can be quite a chore sometimes, however this product makes it sooo much more convenient and easy as ever.  Just rinse your lenses for about 5 seconds and soak...that is it.  This product is a bit more expensive than many others on the market today, which is why i gave it 4 stars instead of 5.  If you hate cleaning your contacts lenses and hate using more than one product for cleaning, then this product is for you.  I highly recommend this to any contact lens wearers.  I have not had any sensitivity or other eye issues from using this product so far and I will be purchasing it in the future.  I would recommend this product for sure.

The only brand I buy.

from Somerset, OH

**Bausch & Lomb ReNu MultiPlus MultiPurpose Solution**

**Fresh Lens Comfort**

**No Rub, Disinfects, Removes Protein Daily. **

Sterile * 12 Fl. Oz. * Cleans, Rinses, Stores

For Soft Contact Lenses

No separate enzyme cleaner required! When used daily.

Directions: To clean, disinfect and remove protein daily, complete these simple steps. This daily regimen is recommended by Bausch & Lomb for a healthy and comfortable contact lens wearing experience.

1. Place 3 drops of ReNu on each side of the lens surface and gently rub for 20 seconds.

2. Thoroughly rinse each side of the lens for 5 seconds with ReNu Multiplus Solution

3. Place cleaned contact lens in the lens case and fill with fresh solution. Soak atleast 4 hours, remember to always use fresh solution. Never Reuse Solution!

I use this daily and have always been happy with the product. It does make my contacts feel clean and never gritty or dirty. I love the large bottles you can buy and they usually have a buy one get one deal going on and you can find a lot of coupons on this product to save money. I have tried other products in the past but these keep my contacts feeling great and moist. :) Love it.