Other Body Lotions:

Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Twilight Woods Body Lotion

Pros

Cons

love it!!

I'm reviewing the Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods Body Lotion. I shop all the time at Bath and Body Works and enjoy using all types of their products. I was recently in the store and tried the sample of the Twilight Woods Body Lotion. I really enjoyed the smell of this and also the way it absorbed into my skin. I have just used this product on my foot that I just had surgery on. My foot has been wrapped up for the last 3 weeks and with it being wrapped up it made is very dry and flaky.  I have been using the Twilight Body Lotion on it for the last 3 days to stop the dryness and peeling of my foot. I just realized that after applying the Twilight Body lotion to my foot has made it smoother and not as dry as it was. I will continue using this lotion on it because the difference is unbelievable. The best thing about this product is that it absorbed into my skin without a greasy feeling and has helped my extremely dry skin that I have.

Pretty sure the name just came from the movie...

I like Bath and Body Works' body lotions, mostly for the fragrance, since they're not the most hydrating lotions I've used.  With one of my Christmas gift cards, I decided to try out their new Twilight Woods collection.  The description of the fragrance on the back of the bottle reads, "This hypnotic fragrance was inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods."  Most woods smell like musty, grassy dirt to me, so I was intrigued.

**My take:**  The bottle is really pretty.  It's shaped like their regular body lotion bottles, but the cap has been redesigned and is much better quality.  The fragrance, fortunately, does not smell like a forest.  It's a very sweet, not quite floral, not quite sugary scent that's difficult to describe.  Very feminine and soft without being baby powdery.  The lotion, just like the remainder of their signature lines, is not as hydrating as some other creams and lotions, but it is very pleasant, soaks in quickly, and doesn't feel greasy at all.  The fragrance fades quickly.  By noon, I could no longer smell it on my skin, which is unusual...I can typically smell B&BW lotions well throughout the afternoon.

Overall, this doesn't top my list of favorite fragrances, but it's nice for the cooler months.  I just can't get past the fact that I think they are marketing it to coincide with the "Twilight" book and movie series...  However, it's a pleasant lotion that I'll enjoy while I have the bottle but probably won't purchase it a second time.

Not big on the smell...more of a men's scent!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Twilight Woods Body Lotion:

I received this in my stocking this past year for Christmas and I was glad that I only got the small size. I used to be able to use Bath and Body Works a lot and didn't have any problems with the lotion. Now I find that my skin is more sensitive and when it's dry this doesn't seem to help much. I feel like it moisturizes okay, but your hands feel dry again shortly after and I find myself needing more. I do still use Bath and Body Works from time to times, because of the scents but so many lotions work so much better and soak in better leaving your hands feeling softer longer. Now about the scent. I really think this scent is more for a male. It reminds me of a man's perfume or deodorant. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think it smelled that great. Now for a man it smelled good. I would go with something else though.

If you are a male it smells good. I don't think it's really a female scent.

Absorption
I think it absorbs okay. It isn't that great for me though.

It is effective in making your hands feel soft for a short time, but not very long.

• Absorption:

There are better BBW Lotions and Body Creams.

from Modesto, CA

There was something about this particular lotion that just did not play nicely with freshly shaven skin, all the other lotions from Bath & Body Works I have never had a problem with just this one. It made my skin itchy, and it stung!! Even after washing it off they continued to have a dull burn-y type feel and the same itch. It was awful! My skin is pretty sensitive so I was apprehensive to try this lotion again, but I waited a day or two after I shaved and applied this lotion again, and did not have the same issue. So a word of caution, do NOT shave and then put this on. When I was applying this with the latter method I noticed that it works really well. The mix of the shea butter, jojoba oil, and vitamin e left my skin feeling velvet-y smooth. It does not work as well as some of the other lotions from BBW, but it still does much butter than other lotions. The lotion has a really nice woodsy kind of smell. It's deep, rich, and 'sexy'.

Perfect Fall Scent

The Twilight Woods lotion from Bath & Body Works is one of my favorite products. It smells as its name suggests, a light musky and woodsy scent, as it was "inspired by a romantic walk in the woods." Although I was a little bit nervous about trying this product because of how it coincided with the Twilight book and movie series, this scent is more sophisticated than its namesake would cause you to think. This lotion is perfect for a daily moisturizer for my average skin. It is light and absorbs easily and quickly, and the scent is far from overwhelming but still long-lasting (which is quite important to me). I feel like I'm walking through the woods while wearing this lotion.

I would definitely recommend this product and other similar products from Bath & Body Works. The lotion is very effective, absorbs quickly, and has a wonderful scent. This product is an overall great value.

• Absorption:

extremely light and great smelling lotion

Overall i rated this product as an 8 because even though i liked the smell and the texture was not to thick or watery it is kind of expensive unless you can find it on sale. i bought the 8 oz bottle and it has lasted me over a couple months. The main reason i bought the lotion was because it was on sale and i really like the smell. I would probably buy it again even if it was not on sale.

The scent of this lotion is very good. It is not to strong but yet it is noticeable. I have had many people compliment me about the smell. The smell is also the main reason why i bought the lotion in the first place.

Absorption
This lotion rubs in very easily. compared to other lotions it is not watery and rubs in perfectly. I like that it goes in your skin right away instead of sitting there trying to figure out what i am going to do with all the extra lotion on my skin

My skin is still somewhat dry after using it but i mainly only use it for its scent.

• Absorption:

A great lotion, a great scent, but not on me

Rating these items is so difficult. It is a fine lotion which works well and the scent is nice as well - but speaking personally - it is a scent that I don't like following me around all day. But that is purely subjective, isn't it? So on me, I give this a 6. There are a lot of scents I like better. Maybe on you it will be nicer.

Nice scent, just not on me

• Absorption:

Great christmas gift smells great

I love buying lotion sets for my female family members for christmas. I feel that it is the easiest way to go. This lotion comes in a little basket with a body spray, the lotion and a shower gel. Perfect little gift set. Smells great. The bottle is small enough for a purse too, This one smells more like a cologne. My sister said that it reminds her of a mans body spray so if you like really girly feminine kind of sprays and lotions then I would not recommend this one to you.

I think the smell is great. has a heavy smell. It is really strong when you first apply the lotion but then as it fades during the day it becomes a light scent. To me it smells clean. Smells like a shower gel.

Absorption
The lotion has shea butter in it so it does make your hands looks shiny like they are greasy but they are not. The lotion does soak in very fast. the shea butter makes it smooth and my hands feel very soft.

Overall great product. I work with my hands all day so I need to find something that I know is going to work. I have finally found that with the bath and body works collection of lotions and body creams. This one smells great while taking care of my dry skin. Especially on my knuckles where my hands seem to be the most dry. I use it a lot on my elbows as well.

• Absorption:

Too heavy, too much musk to be pleasant

I'm not a fan of this lotion. I have tried many different Bath and Body Works' lotion line and each has pros and cons; but this scent i just can't find my positive about.
The lotion itself is average; it goes on easily and absorbs the same as many other brands; it is easy to overdo it with this one though and end up with a greasy feel on your skin that lingers. It does okay so far as conditioning the skin; I've never had a breakout from too much of it, but I don't find it any better or worse than others I've tried in the past. It's just a basic lotion.
The scent is what I dislike; it was a gift so I wasn't sure what to expect; the combination in sweet and musk with this lotion is just too much for me; it's a little like damp earth but with a thicker scent that I think is really too strong on my skin. It doesn't fade much, and I have to scrub in the shower to entirely remove the leftover scent to it so this is a good choice for people who like powerful scents that are long-lasting and somewhat like a mens' cologne in nature but if you prefer something lighter or fresh this isn't going to do it for you.

Absorption
Used in small amounts it's not too bad but can build up greasy easily.

Lasts a very long time

MY FAVORITE SCENT EVER!

So I initially found this scent when I was looking for a mother's day present for my mom, and I came across this scent called Twilight Woods. It came in those three interlocking bottles, complete with a body lotion, shower gel, and body spray. I smelled it, and decided that she would like this scent because she typically buys musks like this one. To my surprise she never wore it, so I didn't want my money to go to waste so I decided to use it. The scent definitely grew on me. It's a delicious musk with vanilla and woodsy notes, and it's absolutely divine. I used up all the lotion and shower gel. When I saw them recently on sale I was ecstatic, and I bought 2 body lotions with a travel size body spray. This scent will forever be my favorite scent from Bath & Body Works.

It's just divine. I love everything about it. It's everything I look for in a scent. Bath & Body Works knows me so well.

Absorption
The formula for the lotion is always perfect. Don't ever change!

Surprisingly, this lotion didn't irritate my eczema, and I love it! my favorite scent that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin? Yes!

Dreamy fragrance!

from Irving, TX

Few years ago I accidentally visited Bath body works and bought their signature collection body lotion, since then I am their huge fan. I stock up in their semi annual sale and regular sale days..I love shopping at BBW. This is one of my favorite lotion from bbw. Its very pleasant smell. stays on the body for a quiet long time and afterwords too. great if used with signature collection body wash. after bath smell is great too. The shape of the bottle is just great .easy to hold and stylish look. even amount of lotion comes out when you press the bottle. great on any skin type. It smooth ens the body. you wont feels dryness at all. its non sticky gets absorbed quickly. effective for long hours. price is little more compared to other lotions available but worth the money!!

• Absorption:

Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods is comforting yet seductive.

from Orlando, FL

I was very surprised by Twilight Woods body lotion. I mused at the fact that it was probably named as such to go along with the popular movies, and when I smelled the lotion it was not what I expected at all. I expected and overwhelming, trendy scent if you will. However, I found it was very seductive and sophisticated and yet unassuming. The scent from the lotion itself comes off a little strong, a little sharp on the nose with some of the vanilla and musk-like notes. However, while wearing it throughout the day the subtle nuances of the lotion come out. There are definitely hints of vanilla, but slowly I get the notion of sandalwood and perhaps even a caramel like fragrance.

I was very surprised by what I found and I frequently go back to get more of this scent. Despite the name, I find that I'm hooked on it. Like all other Bath & Body Works lotions I find that the hydrating qualities work throughout the day and also the scent lasts almost until the end of the day. As far as decently priced beauty products go, this is the longest I've had a fragrance last!