Other Body Lotions:

Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

My signature springtime scent!

**These products in a nutshell: **are DY-NO-MITE!  There have been a number of fragrance collections put out by Bath & Body Works, but few have really entranced me like the Black Raspberry Vanilla Collection.  This assortment of products include two types of anti-bacterial hand soap, shower gel, body cream, body lotion, eau de toilette, and body mist.

I have probably been using these products for close to 10 years now.  It has been my go-to scent in the spring because it is just so fresh and fruity smelling.  This fragrance calms me when I feel anxious and perks me up when I feel blue.  It amazes me that certain aromas can manipulate the way we feel inside, and this one really takes the cake for me.  When Bath & Body Works runs their semi-annual sales, I stock up on this line because I am so paranoid they will discontinue it or make it seasonal like they do with some of their other scents.

What makes the Black Raspberry Vanilla Collection from B & BW so great is that these products were made for layering.  When I really want to make this scent 'pop' on my skin, I use the moisturizing body wash, which has a cream consistency and really lathers well.  Unfortunately, this particular product has been discontinued....good thing I bought a couple at the after-Christmas sale last year!  After the shower, I can follow up with the body lotion and the fragrance spritz, or the eau de toilette.  The perfume is much more potent, so I tend to use that when I go out vs. daytime use because I know it will last longer and keep me smelling great throughout the night.  (Plus, it's a lot pricier than the fragrance spritz!)  My husband loves this collection on me.  He says smelling it makes him want to snuggle, and I have to admit, I get the snuggle bug, too, when I use these products!

**I give these products 5/5 stars**: and would recommend them to any woman who wants to feel clean, romantic, and pretty.

Smells great but not too impressed by how it works.

This lotion has a really great scent but I dont feel that it moisturizes all that well. I feel that it really doesnt absorb and sometimes leaves a sticky feeling on my skin. I didnt notice an improvement in the dryness that I had on my legs. Thats where I used the lotion the most.

This product smells really great. The scent lasts a long time.

Absorption
I dont feel that the product absorbs very well. I feel like it sits on top of the skin and has a sticky feeling after applying sometimes.

I really dont feel like it did anything as far as making my skin softer. Even after using it for several days, I dont feel that it did very much to help prevent or cure dryness.

Winner for My Skin

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

I love anything that is good for my skin and smelling great is a bonus. I have never gone wrong with any product from Bath & Body Works, so this body lotion keeps the streak going. It comes in a nice bottle with a squeeze top so that you get a decent amount of lotion each time. Since this is not a cream, but rather a lotion, it is not overly thick, and this helps it come out of the bottle easily. The smell is enticing to say the least, a fruity berry scent, with a hint of vanilla. I like to use this lotion right after a shower when my skin is still warm. My favorite spots to apply this lotion to is my legs, after shaving, and the backs of my arms. The lotion absorbs into my skin nicely and always leaves the best scent. I also use the lotion on my hands, and I continually smell the scent. This is a great body lotion for anybody who likes scented lotions.

Wonderful fruity scent, with a hint of vanilla.

Absorption
Really absorbs well into my skin

Provides moisture and a great scent on the skin

Smells great.

from florida, USA

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

Although I typically do not like vanilla scents, I LOVE this one! Mixing the warmer vanilla scent with a fruity black raspberry one completely made this lotion heaven. It is definitely my "go-to" lotion in the cabinet. The moisturization level is adequate, especially when I compared it to the other scented lotions I have. However, it does not match up in moisturization against lotions like Eucerin and Nivea (but it does smell much better).

The scent is fabulous. After I use this lotion, the scent typically lasts from two- four hours.

Absorption
This lotion absorbs very well. I was never left with a greasy feeling (which I hate), just soft and smooth skin.

For smell, great. For hydration, adequate. When I need lotion for moisturization alone, I do have to reapply every few hours. My skin can be sensitive at times, and this lotion has never irritated it, unlike other scented lotions.

sweet and soft scented

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

I love most of Bath and Body Works scents especially the ones that smell like sweet treats or the fruity ones. I seen this black rasberry and vanilla one and used the tester on my hands and it smelled really good. I bought it after that and the more I used it the more moisturizing and light it was to my body, it didn't feel too heavy for my skin. It wasn't harsh to my skin and it went on smoothly. It hydrates my body all day making it feel soft and smooth. My body never feels dry and it doesn't leave me with that greasy feel. It absorbs quickly in my skin nourishing my body for moisture that lasts. Everyone always asks me what I'm weaing because they say it smells really good and they can always smell me from far away. This lotion is great to have and I always have it with me. I would recommend it to anybody just smell the tester first I gurantee you that you will want to buy it. These lotions are a little expensive but its worth every penny.

• Absorption:

Another divine smelling lotion from Bath and Body Works!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

I am not normally a fan of vanilla scents, but I really love this one because it is mixed with black raspberry. Vanilla mixed with black raspberry gives this scent a luscious fruity smell that sticks with my skin for a long time after I have used it. This lotion is from Bath and Body Works and I have always thought they are awesome at finding new scents that stimulate my senses. This particular scent is no exception. This particular lotion is just a basic lotion. It does not absorb as well lotions made specifically for dry skin, but it is great in a pinch. I use it mainly for my hands. I will use it for my knees and elbows as well if I need something quick to moisturize. The lotion is a little thin and kind of sits on the skin, but I am willing to overlook that because it smells so wonderful. I would recommend this lotion if you want something that smells good and will moisturize your skin in a pinch.

The raspberry and vanilla go together wonderfully in this lotion. It is one of the best scents that I ever experienced. I truly love it.

• Absorption:

it smells good enough to eat!

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

This lotion is pretty much my day to day lotion, I even have a small bottle at work too for those days when everything is just moving slow and it seems like every minute is dragging by so you get stuck at work forever. This lotion is just a feel good lotion, it also hydrates really well, although it does take a little bit of time for your skin to actually absorb it. My only dislike about this lotion is pretty much what I just said, the lotion is watery textured so it makes you think it absorbs easy but if you put more than a little dab then you end up having to wipe your hands off or risk having lotion getting on whatever you touch.

Oh my goodness, the scent is my favorite part of the product, and the scent actually lasts for a while too! Sometimes I put this on in replacement of perfume if I just want a subtle change for a day.

Absorption
As I said not really the greatest for absorption unless you use a little dab here and there through out the day.

As a lotion, its not as good as it could potentially be (for like hydration) but if you are just interested in a not so pricey, great-smelling lotion than this is perfect for you.

• Absorption:

This is my absolute favorite body lotion. Smells wonderful!

from Olean, NY

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

I have tried many perfumed body lotions and they are either very overpowering or you can't smell them at all. The black raspberry vanilla has just the right hint of both smells. Many vanilla perfumes and lotions smell like "cake" to me. This blend is just subtle enough to work well together.

As mentioned above, the scent if very nice. Not too much vanilla or black raspberry. I love the way they blend together. I am not much of a perfume person, and I think this is just awesome!

Absorption
I put it right on after getting out of the shower, and it absorbs great right into my skin on legs as well as arms and stomach. There is not oily after effect either.

Many winters I have had terrible problems with my calves itching, especially at night when I am trying to go to sleep. Since I started using this lotion, that it pretty much nonexistent. I have never had any type of reaction to the ingredients in this lotion either.

Smells nice

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

The Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion is one of many favorites. The scent is nice and fruity, with a hint of vanilla. In addition to the nice smell, it helps with my dry skin. I apply this after I take a bath. I love this lotion so much and definitely recommend it.

• Absorption:

One of my favorites for pampering myself!

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

I've been using Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla lotion for many years. It is one of my favorites from their collection. The lotion is a pale, pink/purple color -- very feminine. The consistency of the lotion is thinner and it spreads well during application. It absorbs very quickly and really does leave my skin very soft. According to the bottle, it has vitamins C and E in it to hydrate the skin. I also like the shape of the bottle. The sides taper in and have ridges to grip and hold onto it, which is a good idea.

Does have a very strong scent that does bother some people. The scent lasts quite a while after use, too. The scent is hard to describe. I don't really get vanilla from it, but it has a kind of fruit smell (NOT fruity, but fruit-like). It does smell like raspberries, but also grape (which is in it too). It also has a warm smell to it.

Absorption
I have found the absorption to be very quick -- about 30 seconds. It is not greasy.

If I have really dry hands, this lotion doesn't do enough for it. But for regular use, it does a good job.

Smells so good

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

I think Black Raspberry Vanilla is one of my all time favorite fragrances from Bath and Body Works. I just can't get enough. It smells so good I want to eat it! Well, back to the lotion. It's a fairly decent price because it lasts so dang long. It doesn't take very much at all and you really have to use effort to get it all rubbed in. Beware of using too much, especially on your hands. Doorknobs, lids, etc. are practically impossible. You're still gonna be kinda greasy feeling afterwards because it takes a while to absorb but you'll feel soft in a couple of hours. I recommend even washing your hands, or just your palms, after you apply this body lotion just because your hands will feel so slimy. I am a huge fan of Bath and Body Works and their amazing fragrances so I will put up with a little bit of that. It's great for layering your scents. Use shower gel, then apply lotion after shower, then apply the body mist or perfume and you will smell amazing for hours!

• Absorption:

Love this product so much

Comments about Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla Body Lotion:

I use to but this product in the big bottle as a body cream. It has triple moisturizers in it and it works wonderfully. I could not be happier with this product. The smell is beautiful and the cream and lotions are so thick and smooth. You can feel them moisturizing the skin.

I love the strong raspberry smell. It lasts a long time and it just smells relaxing. The smell is very strong at first but as you go about your day the smell starts to fade but lingers in your clothing. I sprayed the body spray on my jacket and went to put it on about a week later I was surprised that I could still smell the spray on it.

Absorption
Even using a lot of this product it soaks in really fast. I use it a lot around my elbows and knees. It feels smooth. Leaves my skin soft, glowing and beautiful.

I have psoriasis so this lotion comes in handy when i am having a flare up. Easy to keep in my purse so if it suddenly gets windy outside I know that I have it.