Other Tablets:

Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet

Pros

Cons

Perfect tablet

I have had the nook HD for about four mounths and I love it! I read, serf the net, watch movies, play games, and do other various things on it. The resolution is awsome, it is fast, and it can do everything I have wanted to do. I highly recomend this product. My kids love this tablet ereader as much as i do. I also love that the memory is expandable with an SD card. I even store pictures on my nook and use it as a photo album! I also use it to play music that i have loaded on thr SD card.

Battery Life
I charge it once every other day on average. If i am only reading i can go around 4 days inbetween charges. Useingapps and the intetnet wear the battery down faster. That said no matter what me and my kids are useing it for it never seems to die to fast. Also the battery charges rather quickly, it only takes a couple of hours. We also have applei pods and the nook battery lasts much longer, to give you an idea.

Processing Speed
Pages load fast when searching the web, the devices start up time is reasonable and most apps load fast, some are a little slow. Down loads are generally pretty fast.

Weight
Very light and easy to hold, i literaly read for hours at a time on this device and it feels comfortable the whole time. It is also rathet slim compaired to other readers and tablets that i have used, which helps with comfort.

App Availability
I have been able to get every app I have needed or wanted. I have loaded everything from reading and education apps to purly entertainment apps. I have netflix, abc go, angry birds, ice age villahe, ferby, weather bug, and so so many more on my nook.

It is thin and light which makes it very comfortable to use for botj adults and children.

It is holding up perfectly to both my constant use as well as my kids use. My daughter even dropped it-which I do not recomend-and it was still perfect. I do keep it in a case.

Lackluster

This tablet is good for reading books on and really nothing else.

Battery Life
I was able to use this tablet for several hours without needing to recharge the battery.Read complete review

This tablet is good for reading books on and really nothing else.

Processing Speed
This tablet often froze when my child was playing interactive games or watching movies on Netflix, even with a very strong wifi signal. Otherwise, for reading books, this tablet was fine.

Weight
This tablet is rather heavy for its size. I also have an iPad that seems to be larger and lighter than the Nook.

App Availability
Very few apps available and definitely not a lot of free apps.

The Nook tablet is pretty user friendly. My three year old figured out his way around the books in the library and the apps quickly.

This has withstood being dropped by my toddler several times.

More than an e-reader

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

I received the Nook HD as a gift from my husband and absolutely love it. I have set it up to receive books from the local library and have found numerous sources for free e-books, my favorite of which is Bookbub which looks among multiple sources.
The Nook is so user friendly that I had it set up, software updated, and a book loaded on it within 20 minutes. Now that my accounts are set up, I can browse and select a book and be reading in under a minute. No more running out of reading material, arriving at the library five minutes after it closed, or late fees for forgetting to return materials on time.
Other bonuses to reading via the Nook are that you no longer have to get up to shut off the light when you are ready to go to sleep, a built in dictionary that you can use simply by highlighting the word, ability to share a passage. There are no longer any dog eared pages, lost book marks (Nook just goes the last page you were on) or cracked spines.
Aside from reading, there are numerous other things you can use the Nook for. It works very well for browsing the web including Facebook as well as email and playing games. The keyboard has been nice and responsive so far for a touch screen.
I am pleased as punch with the Nook HD and look forward to finding more uses and apps to use with it.

Weight
Too heavy when reading a good book. Am guessing it will hurt if you fall asleep reading and bonks you in the face.

some kind of ergonomic handrest. Keeping hands off the screen while reading can get a little uncomfortable after a long read with a good book.

• App Availability:

Helpful on-the-go eReader/tablet for those on a budget.

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

The Nook HD that I own was given to me as a Christmas present this year. My wife and I already own a Nook Color and do not typically look for the newer products technology-wise. The Nook HD has been a wonderful addition to our lives. It is sharper than the Nook Color and has a higher processing speed. Thus far, I have enjoyed the newer components of the Nook HD such as the better organization of apps and the updated web browser (Google Chrome). The battery life is also an added benefit. You can use your Nook HD for multiple days without needing to charge it.

The only downside to a tablet of this size is the lack of available apps. If that is all you want you better look elsewhere. However, for those on a budget who still want a very user-friendly tablet. This is the one for you. Its compact size and user-friendly interface makes it a great addition or starter tablet for someone that is not entirely up-to-date with the newest technology.

Awesome

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

I dont like the fact that it doesnt have adobe flash player (unless you want to buy an app) Because you won't be able to see or play a few thing. But overall I'm very happy with my nook and that I got it? Use it on a daily :D

Battery Life
Some things drainbmore of the battery but overall pretty decent.

Processing Speed
Sometimes it can be a tad bit slow :(

Very lightweight!

App Availability
A fww of apps I can't get because it is not available for the nook :( but overall pretty good amount

Sleek design I guess

Dont throw it tho :|

great product

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

The nook hd is a great device . What it lacks in makes up in other areas. One drawback is that you can not use your phone net service to get on the internet. However you can at any hotspots. Also there is no camera on the tablet whichis no deal breaker for.me sense I use my reg camera for that. It is fast with crystle clear graphics and beautiful clear reading. Filled with lots of apps something for everyone. Another great feature you can also have other family members have their own account on it plus you can control what your kids can view etc. All in all a great device

Battery Life
Could be a little longer has a average of 3 hours. Good factor can plug in the charger and still cotinue what your doing. After the first charge it charges quickly.

Processing Speed
Pretty fast for simple things little longer for more detail. Watching netflex.or other movies is a breeze beautiful images sound and clearity.

Weight
Light perfect fit in hands love how can also be side view or long view.

App Availability
Lots of apps to get. In books games photo editing movies 100's to choose. Has a lot of kid apps too. Either in free or for a small charge.

Slim and stylish the one I got is.in the rich black finish it also come in the white finish tôo. I also like how there is a spot for head phones us can add a extra.memory card I brought mine with the 16g but nice to know if needed I can add more.

• App Availability:

Awesome tablet at a reasonable price.

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

I really like this tablet! It is so easy and fun to use. It has really made reading fun for me. When reading there are so many features right there. I can highlight a passage or look up a word with a touch of my finger. For me, it really saves me time when reading. I also like that it will automatically save my page.

Battery Life
I think the battery lasts a good time. One thing I do like is that low battery life doesn't affect it's performance though.

Processing Speed
I think the speed is fairly fast. I can do basic tasks like checking my email and playing games fast enough. Searching the internet does take more time though.

Weight
The weigh is very light. I can easily hold the nook in one hand.

App Availability
The nook can get every app that is in the Google Play store. Some do look funny on the nook's screen though.

I really like the nook's design. It's very slime and easily fits into my purse. It also makes reading seem like it's from a book.

I've had my nook that long but, it shows no signs of breaking so far.

• App Availability:

One outstanding display resolution tablet for a decent price

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

Just was not stylish whatsoever, looks like a kids tablet. HD resolution is decent picture, speaker not so good.

Battery Life
Nook HD had quite an impressive battery life.

Sluggish at times

Lightweight

App Availability
Because of the newly installed Google Play store you can enjoy most of the games enjoyed on tablets

Does not look particularly great, but the HD display makes up for it

Dropped mine a few times, never had a problem with it yet

• App Availability:

The best gift I ever recieved

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

I received my Nook tablet as a Christmas gift, and I absolutely love it. It was given to me because I love to read, and although I use it primarily as an e-reader, it can also be used to search the web, read and compose e-mails, play games, and watch videos. A great gift and an excellent value.

Battery Life
The length of the battery life was my biggest concern with purchasing an e-reader, and is the primary reason I did not buy one for myself when they first came out. Who wants to be at the best part of a novel and have the battery give out? This is not an issue with this tablet. Not only does the battery life usually last for multiple days (with me using it several hours of each) but when it does need charging, total time is only around an hour.

Weight
Very light and east to carry around.

I have three children who use this device from time to time, in addition to myself. They have dropped it, sat on it, and fought over it. Never a scratch or crack.

• App Availability:

A perfect companion for an aspergirl.

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

Lightweight, durable and east for me to use, my Nook HD has ben a constant companion for me. Having high functioning autism known as aspergers, I'm easily overwhelmed, but my new Nook has been a good distraction and even a conversation starter to build me social activity and skills. I can also load videos or my favorite films onto the device to watch when I need a good distraction or even some mindless entertainment. Though the app store doesn't compare to what you'll find for apple products, it's adequate enough to find what you may need or something similar. The ease of getting books and adding them is comforting and wonderful. The backlighting isn't overwhelming or blinding and the device isn't heavy and hard to hold up when you're laying in bed reading. When you're having a lazy morning read in bed, who wants to hold up a brick? All in all, i love it, and find it more portable than my ipad even.

• App Availability:

best tablet for the price

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

This tablet is a great reader and so much more. The addition of the google play store raises it a bit, but not that much. It runs a little clunky when compared to newer tablets, but overall this receives a 8 because of the ability to use a stable mod (modification programs developed by android developers) that spices it up significantly.

Battery Life
pretty standard as far as battery life goes

Processing Speed
it has a "good enough" Texas Instrument processor. It can still keep up with most newer tablets

Weight
weight is nice. Sometimes tablets can be to heavy or light. This has a nice medium

App Availability
with the addition of the google apps store, you have access to all apps, although it's somewhat clunky. A well known mod will eliminate all your troubles

The design is great for me. The only problem is that visually, the home button kind of sticks out while playing horizontally

not the most durable tablet, but not the worst either. Has a little too much flexibility in the frame.

Great product

Comments about Barnes & Noble Nook HD Tablet:

My nook makes it easy to read and search online when away from home or when traveling.

Battery Life
Nook has a long battery life and doesn't have to be charged as often as other tablets I have used in the past.

Processing Speed
Fast processing speed when searching the web and you can open several windows at a time unlike some tablets my friends own.

Weight
Nook is somewhat lightweight but still easy to transport, I carry it everywhere I go with no problems.

App Availability
My nook is not an android and doesn't have a lot of the apps that I would like to have but other than that I am very pleased with the apps that I do get.

Very nice design and look and many covers to purchase that look great, I have actually changed my cover and design on the front of my nook.

My nook has been dropped and thrown around a few times and always stands up, I carry it when traveling and sometimes send it with my checked baggage,a and we all know how they treat our bags, lol, and it always comes through with flying colors.