Other Misc. Kitchen Items:
bare by solo
Bare by Solo Compostable Cups

Bare by Solo Compostable Cups

Excellent cup made from plant-based materials!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Bare by Solo Compostable Cups:

**Bare by Solo **has recently come out with a new line of eco-friendly, disposable plates and cups.  While shopping for my recent camping trip, I saw these new cups and was immediately interested in them.  They were more expensive than traditional, disposable cups, but I am more eco-friendly than I am a penny pincher, so I bought them anyways.

The new line of products includes cups that are either compostable or recyclable.  I chose the **Bare by Solo Compostable Cups **because they seemed better for the environment.  The recyclable cups are clear and the compostable cups I bought are a matte, oatmeal color.  These cups are made from plant-based materials like corn, and feel just like a normal plastic cup.

My only complaint about these cups is that the packaging indicates that you need to bring them to a composting facility.  I bought these cups for camping, so I'm hoping that since they are made out of plant-based materials, they will compost regardless.  Either way, I'm sure they will break down much better than a plastic cup made out of petroleum or other harmful materials.

Even though these cups are an eco-friendly alternative to traditional plastic cups, the next time I am in the need for this type of product, I will probably buy the Bare by Solo Recycable Cups.  Those are made with 20% recycled materials and can be recycled.