Other Foundations:
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation

Pros

Cons

I'm Escenturally Hooked On This Natural Foundation!

I started experimenting with the **Bare Escentuals **line several years ago. I quickly became hooked on several of their products, one of them being **Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Foundation**. I loved the natural look I get from using this product. It's also very easy to apply, once you get the hang of it!**Bare Escenturals Bare Minerals Foundation **This is a natural foundation made from minerals that have been crushed to a fine, fine powder.  **Bare Escentuals** advertises this foundation as giving "flawless coverage".  This is because the makeup is lightweight (fine powder) and when applied properly by buffing it on, will give a 100% natural look to your skin.  It contains a sun protection factor of 15.  It is considered to be a pure makeup because it does not contain any preservatives.  fragrances, chemicals, or oils that is recommended for all skin types.  There have been some instances where people have broken out due to allergic reations to mineral content, but this is few and far between.  **Bare Escenturals Bare Minerals Foundation **comes in the following shades:*FairFairly LightLightMedium BeigeMediumMedium TanTanWarm TanWarm DeepDarkDeepDeepest Deep*******Application Is The Key**The key to applying a mineral foundation is using a good foundation brush and buffing it onto your face.  One quick swipe over your face will not result in a pretty face.  To apply BE, you should take your foundation, turn it upside down in pot with the lid on and gently tap the bottom.  This will release a small amount of minerals into the lid of your foundation pot.  Take your foundation brush and swirl it around in the lid to pick up the minerals.  Now you should hold the brush over the pot and gently tap away the excess minerals.  Now you are ready to apply the foundation.To apply the foundation you will start buffing at the outside of your face in a cirular motion working your way to your nose.  The key here is to buff, buff, buff!  I really think that a lot of people do not like this makeup becasue of the results in not following directions in applying.  You also need a good foundation brush.  You don't have to use a BE brush, but make sure you have a good quality brush.  I have used both BE and other brands and find as long as you have a brush with natural goat hair bristles, you will get a good coverage.  **My ViewPoint**I love **Bare Escenturals Bare Minerals Foundation**.  One of the reasons, I fell in love with this makeup is the versability of mixing shades.  I started out with the Light shade.  Usually makeup is darker than you think and since it was winter when I started using this and no tan, chose the light shade.  This was too light.  I next got Medium.  This worked well for winter but as summer quickly approached, I needed still more color.  I then bought the shade Tan.  And you guessed it, it was a bit too tan.  I found that I could mix my Light and Tan and get a shade that worked for me.  I also discovered that I can mix **Warmth**, which I use as a blusher to add color to the Light foundation if needed.  **Bare Escenturals Bare Minerals Foundation **gives me a very natural looking look.  At a glance, it doesn't look like I have makeup on, but I do!  I love a natural look and this makeup gives me the advantage of looking good, wearing makeup and still having a natural look.  I can achieve this result with using less makeup thanks to BE!  It is also safe to sleep in.  I don't make a habit of going to bed every night with my makeup on, but I am guilty of falling into bed dead tired without washing my face before (ok--maybe twice!).  It doesn't leave your face oily or greasy and I suffered on ill effects like I would have with a liquid foundation.  This is a great foundation and if you decide to try it, take your time and experiment with applying it BEFORE you have to go somewhere.  It takes a little practice to get it right, but once you do, you will love the results!  **I like it!**

A Good Product with Adverse Effects on Sensitive Skin.

I decided that I wanted to try the Bare Minerals Foundation last year. I had heard a lot of praise about the various products of the Bare Escentuals line for some time and wanted to see what it was all about. I ordered it from their company website, and waited patiently for it to arrive. I need to mention that I was also tired of feeling liquid foundation slathered on my face.

It finally arrived, and I took it out of the package, washed my face, and prepped to apply the mineral foundation. It came with an instructional how to DVD to learn proper application techniques which I watched as I began to apply. I thought the system was a bit odd: Swirl, Tap & Buff. You put a little bit of the mineral foundation into the lid, swirl it onto the specialized brush, tap the excess off, and buff it into your skin. It took a little getting used to the application method, but it went on my skin well. I enjoyed the final product- a natural and flawless look with not too much effort. It was well worth the price, or so at the time I thought.

Give or take a couple more weeks, my skin started to become red and splotchy. I started reacting to one of the compounds in the product, and had to cease using it. I contacted the company, and they did refund my money, which was great. Yep, I had a rare allergic reaction to the product.

I do recommend this product to others, since it gives that characteristic natural finish to your face. I would just advise those with sensitive skin to approach using it with a little caution.

This Wasn't For Me

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

When I first came across BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation I was really excited. This makeup is sold at my local shopping mall in the makeup department. One of the makeup consultants that worked in the beauty department help me find my perfect match of foundation. I was even given a free makeover. I really did like the coverage this make gave to my face. The makeup felt very light and natural on my skin. Like other makeups I have tried in the past, they tend to feel very heavy on the skin and look powder white or almost grey in tone.

Well after 2 days of using this makeup my entire face broke out in a rash. I have sensitive skin and I assumed that is makeup would have been the answer to all of my makeup problems. I decided I no longer would be able to use this makeup since it caused skin irritation.

Overall this is a really great makeup product and it does cover very well and feels and looks natural. I have very sensitive skin and this product just wasn't the right product for my needs. I am sure many others have had great results using this makeup but I am not one of them.

If you have sensitivity skin maybe it would be best to do a small skin test before applying the foundation to your entire face.

The best of the best

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

There is a reason why this was the pioneer of mineral makeup. It is obviously the best mineral make up when compared to all the other mineral products out there. I have a read a few reviews where people say that it doesn't cover up blemishes. That is not true, if you get that bareMinerals kit. This foundation is very natural and when used with the concealer you will cover up blemishes and unwanted areas with ease. You just have to know how to use bareMinerals correctly. First let me start off with the cons, this make up isn't cheap. It definitely is an investment to get started using this line, between the primer, concealer, foundation, warmth, mineral veil and not to mention brushes. With that being said though it is a worthy investment. What's more important then your face! That is what everyone sees everyday, day in and day out. To me it is worth paying the extra cost compared to other makeups so that my skin looks healthy and beautiful. When I wear bareMinerals it doesn't look like I'm wearing a ton of make up. In fact you can't even tell at all. It makes your skin look so beautiful and natural. That is the goal of make up, to make you look better without looking like you're wearing a ton of make up (at least for me that's my goal). I don't want to look like one of those girls where her makeup is so caked on you can scrape it off with a spoon. Those women look gross. BareMinerals it looks very natural and it smooths out your skin so it looks great. It also is very light when you wear it to the point you can't even tell that you're wearing it. The original foundation provides less coverage than the matte does so it depends on your preference for how much coverage you want from a foundation. This makeup is great for my skin. I really feel like this is one of the main reasons my skin is so clear because I use good make up that won't make my skin break out. This provides good coverage all day long where you don't need to reapply. It also isn't shiny, and I don't know why those women wrote that in their review. It makes me wonder if they bought a counterfeit product online or something. It has a ton if color choices too. When it first came out their product line was very small as far as colors but now it has expanded so much I doubt you can go without finding a color you need. This is the only make up line you will need if you want to have a natural look that looks good!

problem skin loves this makeup

from Coronado, CA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

After years of trying a million different brandsof face powder, I finally came across Bare minerals powder.
it goes on silky smooth, hides blemishes, looks natural and best of all does not cause breakouts. In fact bare minerals heals skin slowly and enhances the natural beauty of your skin. It doesn't need to be washed off so if you accidentally fall asleep in it ...it's okay. The colors available match all skin tones so you don't look orange or have that heavy face powder look on your jaw line. Its affordable and available in many stores and although the container looks small it really last a long time, even if used daily. My once problematic skin loves his makeup. A little goes a long way and I've actually been asked if I was wearing makeup because my skin looks so smooth with it on and yet doesn't look clumpy and chalky. It isn't heavy feeling and is so light on my face I honestly forget I'm wearing it. If you're reading this and considering bare minerals and want a nice natural look on your skin then I'd say try it. Your oily or problem, scarred skin will thank you.

Won't Leave Home Without It

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

I am so glad that I found Bare Escentuals bareMinerals original powder foundation. It is so easy to use and goes on evenly. I love using the smaller brush that turns this powder into a spot concealer as well. Once I found my correct shade, I was impressed with how complete the coverage was without looking caked on. I am 47 and have skin that has a lot of uneven color spots which bareMinerals quickly hides. I love the lightweight feel that lasts all day. I like is so much that I have gotten some form my teenage daughter who is just starting to wear make-up to avoid that heavy look most young girls tend to have. I also have very sensitive skin that breaks out if I am using a product that even remotely clogs my pores, and this one has been great with my skin. No break out and I feel good knowing that this product is mineral based. Even if I accidentally sleep with this foundation on, my skin is fine the next morning. So effective, so easy to use, and so good for my skin!

Love this foundation and will never return to using liquid again

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

My sister who is a cosmetologist introduced me to this product and I am so glad that she did. I used to wear regular liquid foundation and, after several hours, my skin would look oily and shiny. I would constantly have to use oil-blotting sheets to fix my face. Plus, I kept breaking out even though I used acne control facial cleansers and drank water religiously.

After switching to Bare Minerals, my skin stopped breaking out and I rarely have to touch up my makeup during the day. I can even exercise and my make-up still looks decent. I usually do a quick brush over with the illuminating powder to absorb any excess oil and sweat. But the truly best part of using Bare Minerals is that my make-up routine in the morning takes 5 minutes nowadays instead of 10-15 minutes. Just shake a bit of the foundation powder onto the cover; swirl your brush; tap off the excess; and sweep the brush over your face. DONE! I will never go back to liquid foundation!

Works great, but it's expensive

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

I have combination skin, so I'm always on the lookout for foundations that are going to keep the oily parts of my skin at bay. I have recently found that both mineral and powder foundations do that very well.

I love the Bare Escentuals bareMinerals original foundation. It keeps my t-zone shine free for the entire day, which I seriously am amazed at.

The one thing I don't like about this product is that it doesn't cover everything I want it to. I have problems with blackheads on my noes, but this product doesn't cover them like most foundations do.

This foundation is quite matte on my skin, which I don't really care for. However, I am willing to put up with the matte finish because it keeps the product on my skin for a very long time. I can wear this product for 10 hours without losing any coverage.

I find that this product runs out quite easily, though, which isn't great. It's pretty expensive, so I don't like having to repurchase so often.

Does not cover as well as I expected

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

I have to say this particular make up powder foundation does not cover as well as I thought it would. Being a younger woman with not many acne issues or bad skin to cover, my go to foundation is usually powdered based. I do however have a lot of freckles that I do like to cover up with make up. First of all this powdered foundation works no better then any other powdered foundation I have tried in the past. On the infomercials and commercials for this product make it seem that it would cover all of your imperfections and flaws. This product has before and after photos in their advertising but it's nothing like that at all. This particular product could not even cover-up a few light freckles on my face. I wasn't super impressed with the pigmentation of this particular powder either. The closest match to my skin had a kind of yellow tint in it and it really showed up on my face. Overall I would say that this product is extremely overpriced for what they give you. I would not recommend this product because it works just as well as any other powdered foundation you can buy at the drugstore or grocery store.

Mostly Pros with a Con or Two

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

When I first discovered this product about seven years ago, I LOVED it. I was so pleased to find a product that came in many shades, blended so well into my skin, brushed away imperfections, and contained SPF. I was less than thrilled with the price. It's actually a good value for the money, but as someone who didn't have much money to send on cosmetics, the price always felt steep to me. I love how soft and easily it applies and blends in. I really loved nearly everything about this foundation - which felt light and natural ("you but better") - except for how it works with oily skin. When I was a young adult my skin was very oily, and this foundation worked nicely to keep my skin shine-free for the first half the day, and then as the oil seeped through my skin, this foundation would start become more visible - it just looked wrinkly an chalky on my face. You could totally tell I was wearing a lot of foundation powder. I learned to always keep oil absorbing wipes on hand, which easily fixed the problem, but it would creep up on you. Still, I've always liked that it contains SPF, and I like that you can apply as much or as little as you'd like and it blends away any little marks and still looks somewhat natural instead of heavy, fake, or chalky. I still wish it were less expensive, but it is a one-of-a-kind product that works well.

Bare Minerals High Price for Not Enough Coverage

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

I used Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Foundation for a number of years after switching from a liquid foundation. I switched to bareMinerals because I didn't like the feel of liquid foundation on my skin. I have to say that I did like the feel of bareMinerals as it was very light and natural feeling on my skin. The price was fairly high though, which I wouldn't have minded spending had it not been that I went through it so quickly. I went through it quickly because I felt as though I had to use a lot in order to get a decent amount of coverage. I tend to like a lot of coverage and don't want to spend a lot of time buffing my face in order to get that coverage. The makeup itself was nice and looked nice on my skin, but I was having to spend way too long and use way too much makeup in order to get it to look nice. Overall, I liked the makeup itself. I just didn't like the amount of time and money to make it wearable for me.

My go to product.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals ORIGINAL SPF 15 Foundation:

I have been using this product for about ten years now, way before it got so popular. This product is my favorite and the only foundation that I will ever use again. I use the original in the medium beige color and it blends so well with my skin tone that I absolutely love it. I would highly recommend you to buy the skin rever upper for before putting this on and the mineral veil for after. This foundation blends in with all skin tones, they have a few different color options and they will have one to match you. The brush is a great design and makes application easy and it makes your skin look like it is flawless, like you are a doll. This covers up and bumps or blemishes and red marks in a second. I have rosacea and this covers it up so easily and well and you cannot even tell that I have it. This make up is expensive, but it lasts a long time. You only use a very small amount and it goes a long way. This is the only product that I will ever use on my face again.