Other Foundations:
Bare Escentuals
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products

Pros

• Easy to apply (5)
  • Goes on smoothly (5)
  • Lightweight (5)
  • Good pigmentation (4)
  • Long-lasting (4)

Cons

• Light to medium coverage (5)
  • Acne-prone or oily skin (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Brand buyer (3), Budget shopper (3)

My new Love!

How many of you have seen the info-mercials?? Well, I finally gave in and gave it a try. It took a couple of tries to get the hang of it, but now I love to swirl, tap and buff! The finished look is smooth and very natural looking! What's awesome is you can use the same mineral powder as a concealer too. You would be surprised on how easy it is to cover dark circles and blemishes with this product. What's really amazing is that this stuff is actually good for your skin!The only problem I had was the containers are so small... it's hard to swirl without losing some of that expensive powder to you countertop!! Fortunately I was able to find a larger container to keep the minerals in. This stuff isn't cheap, but it works wonders and a little jar goes a long way. If you do choose to buy some make sure you get the beginner's package that includes the brushes. The brushes are awesome and I'm not sure how well the minerals will apply with cheap brushes. Definitely worth the investment... just find a bigger jar to hold the makeup!

Sensitive skin beware!

I was in the mall one day and decided to walk in and try this new line of make up. I told the lady that I have very sensitive skin, so much so that I can't wear make up. Well she assured me that it will be safe on for my skin. I tried on the make up and blush. I was pleased that I did not get any skin reactions, took her card and make up info and walked out of the store. As soon as I got into the hallway I noticed a familiar tingling sensation on my face and started to get concerned. I walked into the store next door which was five steps away and my face started to burn like fire. I had no soap or water to wash it off so I went to the store clerk in torture asking for a wet wipe. Those are bad for my face but I had to pick the lesser of two evils. Thankfully they had one and I wiped my face clean.My face burned and itched for about an hour and I left the mall frustrated that once again I cannot find make up that my skin can tolerate. It may be fine for most people but if you have really sensitive skin, you might want to beware.

Not for me

from Pennsylvania

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Apply
  • Lightweight
  • Matte Finish

Cons

• Doesn't Stay On
  • Weird smell

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

I bought a deluxe sample kit of the original powder foundation that came with the primer, foundation, setting powder and kabuki brush. The primer works great! It has a soft and silky texture and filled my pores decently. The foundation wasnt as great as i hoped. It made my face look very dry (i have normal/combination skin) and stuck to the tiny hairs on my cheeks. I feel like this would work better on oily skin. It also turned a little darker on my skin after a few hours of wearing. The setting powder was ok. It was a little dry as well but worked well with one of my wetter foundations. I loved the brush. It is great for all types of makeup and foundation and i use it very often. Overall i wouldnt buy the collection again but i would buy a bigger brush and the primer for sure!

Great products

from Naples NY

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Good Pigmentation
  • Lightweight
  • Long-Lasting
  • Noncomodegenic

• Dry Skin
    • Mature Skin
    • Normal Skin
    • Sensitive Skin

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

I am a huge fan of the bare minerals line. I had the chance to try the new bare pro foundation in store and it is amazing from what I could tell, wish I had to sample at home. It is medium to full coverage. Can be built up for more coverage. Covers large pores easily. Stays on until you remove with makeup remover. Stood up to 10 hours in full on sun and sweat. The only big downsides are it must be blended fairly quickly before it dries and it applies best with the bare mineral lux brush which is a bit pricey. Definitely recommend to anyone who needs foundation to stay and hold up. Looks great. Not cakey. Finishes off perfect with mineral veil finishing powder.

Best powder foundation

from Atlanta, GA

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Lightweight
    • Matte Finish

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

I first purchased bare minerals at my local ulta and fell in love with the powder foundation. I used it in my younger years and it's great for light to medium coverage. The mineral veil used over the foundation gives it a real airbrushed finish. While it is a little pricey, it's worth it for someone who doesn't need a lot of product and it doesn't cause breakouts.

I love love love love love this coverup.

from Seattle, WA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
    • Easy To Apply
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Good Pigmentation
    • Lightweight
    • Long-Lasting

• Full Coverage
      • Normal Skin

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

I absolutely love this cover up. There is nothing else out there like it. It really works wonders, at least for me it has. I use this make up every day. I dab on a little bit of concealer then brush on this mineral makeup and that's all I need to cover up my flaws it's amazing. I have a ton of freckles, which aren't my favorite thing about my face, and this make up covers them right up with just one thin layer of powder. Its super easy and fast to apply which is what I need cuz I'm always running late all the time as it is. All around its an excellent cover up and I love it.

Love it all!

from Buffalo, NY

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Blends Well
      • Easy To Apply
      • Goes On Smoothly
      • Good Pigmentation
      • Lightweight
      • Long-Lasting
      • Noncomodegenic

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

Every product I have tried from bare mineral's is perfect blends well stays on all day and dosent cause break outs. The price is very reasonable! The foundation lasts me like 4 months you need very little.

Look perfect!

from Northglenn

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Apply
        • Goes On Smoothly
        • Long-Lasting

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

Simply LOVE this product. I love the natural cover it gives me and it's SO easy to put on especially, in the morning when i'm always in a rush. Bare Minerals provides such a complete package. The foundation evens out fine lines, there are no pores, and the skin seems to shine and gleam. I am so completely happy and satisfied with this loose mineral foundation.

Full coverage, flawless look, love this...

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

Gives a flawless look with full coverage. One of my top favorite makeups. When wearing Bare Minerals I feel absolutely beautiful and confident. It doesn't cake on or look caked on, it delivers a beautiful finish which isn't heavy and makes my skin feel absolutely amazing. I have sensitive skin and have no issues whatsoever with this product. Less is more with Bare Minerals which makes it last for a very long time. I love that when you order they send/give two colors in the shade of your choice and if you're not getting the color of your preference with one or the other shade then you can definitely mix the two shades together to get the perfect shade appropriate for your skin color. I've never found a foundation that I've been completely satisfied and amazed with, other than Bare Minerals and I can't say enough good things about this makeup as I think it improved my skin texture, tone, ect... I highly recommend this product and firmly believe that anyone would be completely satisfied with Bare Escentuals "Bare Minerals" foundations, blushes, eyeshadows, eyeliners, brow products, primers, bronzers, also, let me say how amazing their concealers are "they're amazing" their complete line of products is A M A Z I N G! ! ! I will continue to purchase Bare Escentuals for the rest of my life and as a matter of fact I'm going to place another order right now, yay!!! Thank you to "Bare Escentuals/Bare Minerals" for such an amazing line of products.

The best products I have ever used.

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

I absolutely love this makeup. I was very simplistic when it came to wearing makeup. I would optfor only tinted moisturizer and a concealer. Then I was introduced to this makeup. It is light. It is fresh. It is easy to apply. It lasts all day. I really do not feel like I am wearing any makeup at all. The best part is it does not need much of a touch up throughout the day.

I am also terrible at washing my face before I go to bed. If I wore any other brand of makeup and did not wash my face I would break out by the next morning. It was awful. I have worn this makeup to bed almost nightly and have had no break outs. My skin has been flawless. I could not be more happy.

The products I use on a daily basis are the matte powder foundation, the primer, the blush, the concealer, and the eye shadow. My next stop is to learn how to apply eye liner and eye shadow. I will definitely be purchasing these products through bare mineralsas well as I am highly satisfied with everything I have purchased so far.

This makeup is wonderful

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

I am not the kind of woman that likes to put a lot of time and effort into makeup, I am more of an "au naturale" type. I hate the feel of most makeup, I feel like the moment I put it on I can instantly feel it clogging up my pores, my face can't breathe, and I feel like I am wearing an uncomfortable mask. I like the look of an even skin tone, but foundation has always been something I didn't want to even think about putting on, yuck! I received a trial kit from BareMinerals for my birthday and really didn't ever expect to use it. I decided to give it a try, hoping that because everything was powder based it might be better. I am now so glad that I did. My trial kit came with concealer, foundation, and mineral veil. I never thought that I would use all these products, but they have become a part of my daily routine. They apply easily, make my complexion look great and the best part of all....they make my skin feel just as good as it looks! I love this whole line....I have now expanded to using BareMineral Warmth and eyeshadow and love those just as much. I am hooked.

Covers rosecea when used with primer first.

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Makeup - All Products:

I jumped on the Bare Minerals band wagon in the late 90's. I love having a lot of coverage that looks like bare skin. I began with the loose powder and moved to the "ready" last year. You must use the primer with it to get the full benefit! Applying the primer, I prefer the brightening, takes 15 seconds and makes all the difference in the foundation lasting and looking the way you applied it all day. There is only one drawback to using the "ready" instead of the loose. You have to clean your brush weekly. The loose does not contain extra moisture like the ready. When I wore the loose I applied moisturizer and then the primer and my makeup looked flawless all day! I am lucky to have a boutique in our local mall that could color match my skin, it made all the difference since I have fair, sensitive skin. I have used all their products and especially love the primers for eye shadow and foundation. If you have super sensitive skin, be careful of the brushes they use in the boutiques as they are used on everyone...