Other Foundations:
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation

Pros

Cons

Try Bare Escentauls if you're acne prone, you'll thank me later!

I'm not sure if I can contain inside just how much I love **Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation - All Shades. ** I wish upon wish, that I had a girlfriend that would have introduced **bareMinerals **to me when it first came out on the market.

***Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation will change how you look at yourself in the mirror.  Do you want to:***

- smile more?

- apply your make-up so much quicker than before?

- not only look fresher and appear to have a clearer complexion but actually develop one over a short period of time?

- have fewer acne breakouts (or none) ~ and when you do, have the ability to cover it up almost completely without a bunch of goop and spackle?

- have a more natural look, using less make up - how about no "make-up" line at your jaw?

- feel less "greasy" and like your skin can actually breathe - especially in the summertime?

You will truly notice a difference in your complexion over time.  I have found after I began using **Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation** over 5+ years ago, that all the benefits I listed above are completely true and achievable.  I love my skin now - and as an life-long acne suffer, that's saying a TON!

Your skin will feel completely different when you try this fabulous foundation - I was skeptical at first - COMPLETELY.  I asked my self how can a mineral powder cover up MY facial flaws (pimples & small scars).  Its so much more than a powder, and the results are fantastic. I tried **Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation** as a desprite DIVA waiting to blossom, and this product delievered the results I had been searching for years for. I will shout it from the roof tops for everyone to hear, that this stuff is AWESOME!

Please try it....I promise you won't be sorry...remember, you don't need to pile it on, just follow the instructions and you are going to be blown away at your results.  Not only will your complexion appear to be beautiful by using **Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation, **it really will begin to **BE** beautiful.

Thank you Bare Escentuals for helping my skin be the best it can be, I don't know where I'd be without you - plus when folks say "really, you don't look that old" I can smile and say "you wanna know my secret? It's **Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation".  Enjoy & Hugs!!!!**

Just Wasn't For Me.

Everyone skin is different, and maybe I had a terrible experience but mineral makeup is not for me. I realized this after shelling out too much money for the Bare Escentuals Kit only to realize that it contained an ingredient that made my face itch. Apparent Bare Escentuals mineral makeup contains Bismuth Oxychloride which made my skin break out and itch after wearing it. It looked great on me but I spent the whole day scratching at my face until it was gone. And the next day I had terrible rashes due to the scratching and in part the Bismuth Oxychloride that irritated my skin. I wish I could say I had a wonderful experience since I see plenty of my friends using this with no problem but I didn't. If you have sensitive skin thats prone to breakout and large pores I would not recommend this product at all. I just stick to my MAC Studio Fix which has done wonders for my skin but I'm sure someone has had a terrible experience with this too. I usually take makeup reviews, especially stuff that goes on my skin with a grain of salt, just because everyone has different skin types so the reviews will be based off that.

Finally! A MakeUp Product that Lives Up to the Hype

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

I have been watching the bareMinerals late night infomercials for years, and always thought the product was too expensive or too good to be true. With the right lighting and camera angles anyone can look good.

I have been wearing make-up for the better part of three decades and I have always hated the way foundation feels on my skin. In all that time, I have only found one brand and formula of foundation that I liked to wear. A few months ago, a friend of mine pulled out a tiny little makeup kit after dinner and applied bareMinerals Mineral Veil. There's nothing like a testimonial from a real person who has beautiful skin to convince you to try a product.

From the first time I tried it, I loved it. I really DO look like ME only better when I wear this product. You just swirl it on, taking care to blend well at the jaw and neckline, and the product covers freckles and spots beautifully. It lasts about eight hours and you don't feel a thing. I even like wearing it at evening events where I will be photographed. The SPF properties of Bare Escentuals matte makeup aren't the kind that reflect and bounce back in response to camera flash leaving you looking strange and unnatural.

I thought the product would be messy, since it's essentially loose powder, but the twist and lock mechanism at the mouth of the container keeps this from being an issue.

this is one of the best foundations I have ever used

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

I always need a lot of coverage on my face because I have a lot of imperfections that I want to cover. The Bare Escentuals bare minerals matte foundation is amazing to my face. All I need is a little bit and it goes all over my face blending in with my skin tone. Its very easy to apply and this foundation lasts me a long time. Its very lightweight so it doesn't feel so heavy on my face. It leaves my face with a matte finish, my face never gets oily when I use this foundation. It gives me full coverage, it covers all my scars and dark circles that I have. It makes my face look really soft and I never have to touch up with this foundation. This foundation is a bit pricey but its well worth every penny because of the great coverage it gives. It also has spf 15 which is great because it helps protect against sun damage. I will definitely but this foundation again and I would recommend it to anybody who wants a soft natural look in there foundation.

Good but greasy

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

Bare Minerals face powder is light on skin and easy to apply, but I would recommend it if you suffer from oily skin. It makes oily skin even more oily as the day goes on. Also,the day will definitely take a toll on your make up when using Bare Minerals. It looks flawless for the first few hours, then soaks into pores and makes the face look cakey. Would recommend using a sample first before buying and using on a daily basis.

Most natural looking foundation on the planet!

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

This Bare Minerals formulation is, in my opinion, much better than her original formulation. I have been using Bare Minerals now for over 13 years! On two occasions, I tried other products but discovered that Bare Minerals foundations are much better in providing coverage and superior in protection. Although the original Bare Minerals formula is a great product, the matt formula is more natural looking with just a hint of natural sheen. This foundation powder covers my imperfections brilliantly, and I am able to cover my bluish veins above my eyelids and dark circles without a cakey look. In addition, this powder foundation stays on all day and diminishes my fine lines. During the summer months, I get pretty oily, and this makeup keeps me shine free. During the winter months, my complexion becomes dryer and this powder foundation makes me look almost like a porcelain doll. I turned 50 last year, and this matt formula is creamy enough to erase my signs of aging, while providing me a fresh young look. The benefits of using this product for over a decade show on my face. I will never go without this matt formula – thanks Bare Minerals!

A foundation that caused a "happily-ever-after"

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

I am a 31 year old model and I started using Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation about a year ago. Prior to using this foundation I used different forms of liquid foundation (cheap brands from grocery stores). I was very unhappy with the value and wear of the liquid foundation. So I decided to try bareminerals matte foundation. I loved it right away. Where do I even start? First of all, you can't feel it on your skin (the ick factor of having gunk on your face all day). It's absolutely wonderful. Another HUGE factor is it is actually superb for your skin (unlike liquid foundations). I've fell asleep in this foundation quite a few times (on accident) and it never clogged my pores. It never dries out my skin and never makes it oily. Also the bareminerals line is never tested on animals. How awesome is that? I think it's lovely. Last but not least would be the price of the foundation. It's not that expensive (and worth every penny you spend on it).

Not as good as the original.

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

After using the bareMinerals original SPF 15 foundation for a while, I decided to try the MATTE because the description made it sound fantastic. I typically use the bareMinerals original foundation in medium beige over a liquid foundation. I assumed the matte version would work as well as the original, plus give my complexion a matte finish as the name implies.
For me, the texture just didn't work. It was different than the original, but not in a good way. I found that it didn't go on as evenly, and didn't have the same look or feel to it. I was hoping it would perform like the original but with more of a matte finish as advertised, but found that it neither performed as well or gave me a matte finish. I went back to the original--I didn't even finish using the matte that I had bought. I have stuck with the original bareMinerals foundation ever since, and will not try the matte again regardless of how good it sounds.

cover up face saver

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

This facial cover up is amazing and goes on smooth and covers blemishes and other body face marks easily with a pad or brush and also washes away easily every day before I go to bed. I like that my makeup has extra help by having spf sunscreen in it to better my face even better and protect it. I love that in just a minute or two I can better the color in my face and in the long run my pores not get clogged from my makeup choice like some other cover ups I have tried and gotten break outs from it. I will pay a little more for a product when I know that I will have the great results that I get from this facial cover up. It takes the pale ness off my face and I have more color in my whole face and it also covers the under eye rings well when I have had a sleepless night I can atleast look decent the next morning with one product and a coulpe of minutes I feel a bit better when my face looks better.

Perfect for my combination skin, great coverage

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

I have used Bare Minerals foundation for quite a few years and was very excited to try the Matte version when it came out. I have oily or somewhat combo skin, with my t-zone and apples of my cheeks getting very oily at times but the edges of my face and around my eyes and mouth being normal to dry. I hope everyone knows by now that even the most oily skin needs moisturizer. I use a light weight oil free moisturizer then dust my t-zone with the mineral veil before applying the foundation with the bare minerals kabuki brush and finish with another dusting all over of the mineral veil. The texture and coverage is perfect for me for daily wear. It covers all my redness and other little imperfections without taking forever to apply and perfect. The texture is great too, it doesn't look like I am wearing a mask or full face of foundation and it stays all day with out getting shiny or sweating off.

Provides great coverage for problem skin

from La Fayette, GA

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

I have rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. So basically really red cheeks and really dry flaky skin (mostly between eyebrows, upper forehead/hairline, sides of cheeks). Most products that cover the redness exacerbate the flakiness. When I started using bare escentuals I would just use the foundation and the bisque concealer. It is an excellent product that provides coverage of the rosacea and was not exacerbating the dryness. With the winter months upon us my skin has been drier and the flakiness starting to show even with the bare escentuals so now I use a base of covergirl smoothers first by applying with a damp sponge then about 5-10min later use the bare escentuls. When winter is over will go back to just using the bare escenctuals.

My go-to foundation

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals MATTE SPF 15 Foundation:

I've been using this foundation for the past year and will never use anything else. I have very oily skin and it is the ONLY thing I have found that works for me. It doesn't cake or run, and I'm able to completely control the amount of coverage that I get with it through the brush. I was so excited to see the new matte version, which provides even better oil-control for me. I highly recommend!