Other Misc. Face Makeups:
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Get Started Kit - All Shades/Textures

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Get Started Kit - All Shades/Textures

Pros

Cons

I could bare it all, but I don't have to!

WOW, has it been over 5 years since I started using this product? I remember the first infomercial with Leslie in it (that I saw) and I was sold. I thought, if I could look that good, get me some and fast!So, I got this starter kit thing and a demo VHS - yup that long ago and was off and running. I do some light modeling work and I am also a professional photographer, let me tell you, this is the best product. I can't tell you how many compliments I receive on my skin/makeup. I went to a spa type thing and a woman was there for a facial of some type. She was talking to the woman about microdermabrasion and I told her that I had it done once and enjoyed it. She said to me: I'll try anything if I can have beautiful skin like you. Wow, that is really sweet considering I am 38 years old. So, needless to say, this is the only makeup I use (foundation wise). I love this product and do enjoy some of the other things that Leslie has added over the years. She had a goddess collection that was really nice...cute box too. Anyway, I will post some pix that I did for a promo for the products because I believe in them so much!For now, here is a run down on the product from the Bare Minerals site itself....... What is bareMinerals? bareMinerals is the Foundation that Started the Mineral Makeup Revolution It began with Bare Escentuals' introduction of our bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation. Since 1976, when we opened our first store in Los Gatos, California, Bare Escentuals has been a pioneer in the cosmetic industry with our makeup, made from 100% pure bareMinerals and free of preservatives, oil, fragrance, talc and other skin irritants. Millions of women who swear by their bareMinerals have uncovered the look of beautifully bare skin. With bareMinerals, your search for the perfect foundation is over.

Pure Natural Mineral Makeup from the Earth Bare Escentuals uses only the finest ingredients in our products. Made with crushed minerals from the earth, 100% pure bareMinerals:

- is free of preservatives, talc, oil, fragrance and other potential skin irritants

- is free of fillers and binders

- is weightless

- provides adjustable coverage—from light to full

- will improve the condition of the skin over time

Our bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation looks like a powder—yet it's NOT a powder. It feels like a cream and buffs on like silk, giving skin a natural luminosity that stays true all day. All ages and skin types can benefit from bareMinerals—especially those concerned with skin sensitivities, allergies, scars, blemishes, rosacea, wrinkles and pigmentation. The foundation provides impeccable coverage for every skin type and skin tone, and also protects with a natural SPF 15 broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation carries the Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation.

And bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation is just the beginning. Bare Escentuals has created creamy, feather-light color for all over your face, cheeks and eyes. Our complete line of loose, powder-like products are 100% pure bareMinerals—this includes our foundation, blush, eyeshadows, glimmers, glimpses and liner shadows, with the exception of Mineral Veil finishing powder.

**Although we have BE boutiques nationwide, we are making this exclusive trial offer available to you here only. It's an exceptional value and a great opportunity for you to experience makeup that is actually good for your skin.**

This is terrible if you have sensitive acne-prone skin

*I am reviewing all of the bare escentuals products.  The main ingredients are bismuth oxychloride and mica - both irritants for sensitive, acne-prone skin.  Unfortunately, I learned this the hard way.  The marketing tactic is very promising - "so pure you can sleep in it".  Well, that is not the case.  I now have perioral dermatitis from using the products.  I've since stopped using BE altogether and my face is continuing to clear.  It has been devastating.  I trusted this product and when I changed my entire face regimen trying to figure out what was going on - and nothing helped, I decided to research BE.  After finding MULTIPLE blogs with people writing similar situations to mine - I knew it had been the BE all along.  I have little white bumps under my skin and battle redness/peeling from the products.  I don't recommend this product for ANYONE with sensitive and/or acne-prone skin.  There are many other mineral makeups that do not contain these harmful products.  Hope this saves someone from the dermatology bills and self-humiliation that I have had to go through.  You are basically buffing a form of ground rock (bismuth) into your skin which causes irratation and damage over time.  Google search - Bare Escentual Reviews.  You will find a lot of unhappy people.  Good luck!*

look great in no time at all!

Comments about Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Get Started Kit - All Shades/Textures:

I wanted to try this product for years, but was hesitant. A good friend of mine got it and said she loved it so i bought the starter kit. Once I figured out how little of the powder you actually need to apply, I got the look that I was hoping for! It's simple, fast and looks great!

Great For Women With SIMPLE Skintones!

I am going to rate this product very good even though it did not work for me. It didn't work for me because I am an african-american woman with I guess some would call it "pecan tan" skin. My skin tone is extremely difficult to match up. I usually don't wear foundation because of that reason. This product is awesome and comes with some really great brushes and powder foundations. I love the way the foundations feel on my skin i'm just not tuned up about the color that it gives off on my skin.

Love this stuff!!!

from Medford, OR

I am not big on wearing a lot of make up, but this kit made it easy to put on for an amateur like me. It didn't feel heavy or caked on. It worked great with my oily complexion and I honestly believe it improved my complexion!! I loved it so much that I bought a kit for my oldest daughter as she entered high school!

The best make-up in the world - Thank you Leslie

from Cape Coral, FL

I just LOVE my Bare Escentuals - I have add more kits to my collection - I love wearing these products more then anything else I tried with make-up. it gives me the look I'm looking for, that I couldn't get from my other make-up. I just can't say enough on how much I am so happy with my new line of make-up! Thanks Leslie for making me feel good about myself!

awesome!

from Honolulu, HI

These products are awesome!  It doesn't feel heavy on your face.  It's very easy to apply.    It doesn't come out splotchy.  Looks very natural.  It doesn't clog your pores.  A little goes a long way so you can save money.

AWESOME! Check pricing for kits

from Kent, WA

So I'd seen the infomercials, and don't trust... went to try it out at a store, and AMAZING!  A bit of practice and you'll have the swirl, tap, system down...  really DOES get rid of those ugly red splochy  marks on my face!  Good coverage, doesn't use a lot of product with each use... lasts a good long time!

The most amazing product I've ever tried!

from Atlanta, GA

This product line is the best I've ever tried!  I have never been one to wear makeup on a daily basis until I walked into the Bare Minerals store and tried their product. I was hooked immediately. It's the fastest, easiest, most natural looking makeup I have found. It's all natural, lightweight on your skin and it doesn't look like you are wearing anything at all. It evens out your skin tone and give you a healthy glow, all in less than 5 minutes. There is absolutely no heavy makeup feeling on your skin. My skin, which tends to be sensitive to any type of foundation, does not break out with this product. The initial cost is a little high but the foundation in the starter kit  lasts at least 3 to 4 months. The rest of the products in the kit last even longer. I've even talked my mother into trying the products and she has always bought her cosmetics from the drugstore. I can't say enough about the wonders of i.d. Bare Minerals. You've got to go into their store and have a rep show you how to use the products. You'll be a believer as well!!!

Most natural looking cosmetic, so light

from Flushing, NY

After watching the instructional DVD, it showed me how to use the product and at first it seems complicated but it is actually a very easy process. I got the kit in Tan/Medium tan and it matches my skin perfectly. I used to use MAC foundation, and this looks so much more natual, and if you apply it just right, it really does give maximum coverage. Using the concealer brush hides all of my blemishes. I highly recommend Bare Minerals.

My favorite makeup

from Ocala, FL

This makeup is amazing.  After commenting to a friend on how great her skin looked, she told me about this makeup.  I seemed like it was the tenth time in a week someone told me about it so I had to give it a try.  I have since had people comment on how great my skin looks.  The DVD that comes with this kit is so helpful on how to apply the makeup with women of different skin types.  Since I started using it a couple years ago, I have never put regular foundation on my face.  I'm hooked!

Love it!!

from Clio, MI

I have rosacia so finding a foundation that will cover that up is hard to do. I am so happy with Bare Minerals. I don't know if I'll ever buy another brand of makeup again. I love the warm. I use it for a blush sometimes & also to keep my tan up during the winter. I love that I can mix the different shades of foundation to accomodate my different shades of tanning, or the fading of.