Other Makeup Brushes & Tools:
Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush

Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush

Pros

Cons

No more cakey, blotchy concealer face!!!

With my Bare Escentuals starter kit, I got the **Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush**.  Most of my experience with concealers had been a little wand or stick, so the idea of using a brush was new to me.  And boy, am I sold!

**What I like about it:**  The brush is long enough to hold on to comfortably, and is just the right thickness to feel solid in my fingers.  The bristles, made of synthetic materials, are super soft and are tightly packed, so they hold a tremendous amount of the concealer or mineral foundation.  I find that just a few sprinkles of powder foundation is enough to cover all the areas that need a little added cosmetic help.  The slightly blunted edge makes it easy to apply concealer to very tiny areas and get close under my eyelashes for precise coverage.  It requires very little product to make my skin look smooth and even.   Unlike some of the other brushes I have received from BE, this one has not lost a bristle on my face yet!  It's easy to clean, which I recommend you do at least weekly.

While it's not cheap to purchase on its own, this brush is now part of my essentials list (no pun intended).  Even if you're not a fan of mineral products or the BE line, this brush is top notch!

Great little brush

So it seems like everyone either is totally in love with the **Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush** or totally hates it. Well, I'm somewhere in the middle so I'll throw in my opinion. I tried using the Bare Escentuals system and totally hated it - I had to put a ton on to get the coverage I liked, and then it would rub off on everything. However, the best part of the Bare Escentuals system was the Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush. This teeny little brush covers anything! I actually kept using the brush after I stopped using the Bare Escentuals product. I used the brush with different foundations and concealers. It's really good at packing product on in a really dense but thin way, if that makes any sense! The coverage is really good but it doesn't look cakey or too thick at all. It doesn't work too great on large areas like under the eye, but it's fantastic for small blemishes, moles, etc.

Great Concealer Brush

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush is a great make up tool that I have been using for years. I love that any Bare Escentual brush can be used to apply any make up brand not just makeup by Bare Escentuals. I use this concealer brush to apply cream and powder foundation and it is always successful in helping me cover up my dark under eye bags and any blemishes. This concealer brush is perfect because it is tiny enough to reach hard to reach places like around the nose and eyes. Not only is the concealer brush a great blending tool but it is also extremely easy to clean. All you need to clean this brush is water and soap but I would recommend the bare escentuals brush cleaner for maximum results. This brush is made for the long haul seeing as I have used the same brush for roughly eight years and it is still in excellent condition. This is a great concealer brush for any woman to use.

Love it.

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

To look at this brush you wouldn't see what makes it so special, but it really works! I have acne prone skin, and have tried all kinds of concealers and applicators, both liquid and powder. I have found that I can use the Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer with brush both the bareMinerals orginial foundation and bareMinerals correcting concealer with excellent results.
The design of the brush and firm bristles grip the powder and allow me to put it on a blemish or other imperfection without having to rub the edges with an applicator or my fingers. It looks much more natural--the color blends in without having to use a sponge applicator or touch your face which only makes break outs worse.
I have found this brush helps me cover the occasional blemish or spot without being noticeable. It's nice to use a brush that helps you conceal imperfections by actually concealing them--in the past I have tried too hard with liquid concealer and sponge applicators that cover blemishes but you can tell that you are trying to cover them up.

Truly Useful

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

I give this an Excellent rating. I have a few brushes I won't do without and this is one of them. It helps smooth your concealer very nicely so that you're not left with any little cakey spots stuck in the grooves. Great for under the eye, especially, where it really counts. That's where you want your concealer to excel and this brush lets you do it. No more trying to smooth out your under eye area with your ring finger! This truly is a must have in your makeup wardrobe. It makes all the difference in your final presentation, that's for sure!

Great Concealer Brush

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

There was a time I have went for a period where I just used my fingers to apply concealers to the dark circles underneath my eyes. Then I gave up totally as I never found a good concealer. Eventually I was told by a friend about the Bare Escentuals Maximum Concealer Brush. I decided to try concealers one more time BUT this time with a brush. Well what a difference it actually made to my surprise. The brush is so soft, easy to manipulate, and applies the concealer smoothly and evenly. Cleaning the brush is so very simple. I use (as it was recommended to me by a couple makeup artists) a little dove soap and water. They told me you do not need to purchase a makeup brush cleaner. I'm quite happy with that process but if you use a cleaner that's not a problem. You should use what you are happy with. Either way I do highly recommend purchasing this product. It will make a huge difference while applying your makeup.

So soft

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

This Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush is so soft and amazing. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and applies the makeup so well. The only downfall is that the brush is so expensive. But it is really worth it. I believe anyone should buy and use this brush. It's also very easy to wash off

Brush for life!

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

The Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush was the first makeup brush I ever bought. The woman that was doing my makeup at the store was using it, and the bristles just seemed so high-quality and soft, but did the job. I decided to make the purchase even though I was always a use-my-finger-to-apply-makeup kind of girl. Needless to say, I have replaced this brush over and over again! It is my absolute favorite makeup brush. The density of the bristles really apply concealer or foundation in a really concentrated way, for excellent full coverage. I use this brush every day, so I end up buying a new one about once a year or so. It is an excellent investment! I haven't tried any other of Bare Escentual's brushes, but if they're anything like this one, they're great! I have even used this brush to apply cream eyeshadows. Make sure you take care of this brush with a good brush cleaner to maximize life and keep the bristles from drying out. You won't be disappointed with this brush! I would definitely recommend it to a friend; It is more expensive than a no-name brand makeup brush, but you will absolutely get what you pay for; great quality, long life, and excellent makeup application!

one of my favorite brushes

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

this is absolutely one of my favorite brushes. it feels silky smooth and soft and it an excellent size for under and around the eyes where I usually apply concealer. Also good for spot treatments around the face. It is a little small to do full coverage over your whole face but can work in a pinch for eyeshadow. Extremely easy to use with the bare escentuals products for concealer. They have one smaller concealer brush as well but I always use this one as I think it is softer on my skin and does a better job of applying concealer evenly, especially under the eyes. I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone looking for something in this size

WOW!

from Kent, WA

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

Amazing that I don't REALLY need to buy some 'concealer' product . . . just using Bare Escentuals foundation and this brush my little red splotches really do disappear! I love it... and it works well with a blemish or two as well. . . I love it!  I can't say enough about how I love being able to get rid of the two or three little red marks on my face with this brush and the foundation.

Brush works wonders!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

I received this maximum concealer brush in the starter kit for Bare Minerals. Little did I know how I would come to depend on the features of this brush. The kabuki brush is great for large areas, but this little concealer brush is good for under the eyes and the sides of the nose where it is harder to apply the Bare Minerals foundation.
The concealer brush has thick bristles and they are very durable. I have yet to see any fall out. This brush is also washable. I soak it in soapy water and then massage all the makeup out of it and allow it to air dry. I have had this brush for over five years and it performs just as well today as it did when it was brand new. If it were to fall apart tomorrow, I would go in search of another. It is that dependable and reliable for the coverage I need and want. My advice for anyone interested in a brush like this is to purchase the best that you can afford. It makes a difference in coverage and sustainability.

When you really want to pack it on, go for Maximum Coverage.

from Bellevue, WA

Comments about Bare Escentuals Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush:

I have read some positive and negative reviews of the **Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush**, and I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

This brush does pack in a ton of minerals into one place.  I really like to use it with a base shadow, Butter Cream by Earth Angels Minerals, all over my lid, and under my eyes.  Its thick application is great for areas that need concealing, *or brightening*.

One reviewer said that it can have a tendency to look harsh, and draw MORE attention to dark circles, etc.  I would say that it definitely can do that, and one way to avoid that is to use the **Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush** to APPLY the minerals you want in a concentrated dosage, and then to use a softer brush, like a blush brush, with the same mineral you are using, to blend and buff those minerals into your skin.

I suppose this technique would be a bit like using a spoon to dollop jelly onto your toast, and then spreading that jelly around with a table knife.  The brush is a great deliverer of product, but it doesn't do well to blend that product into your skin, and the rest of your makeup.  I think of it as a shovel, and a soft brush as the trowel.

I use this brush every time I apply my mineral makeup; it's a valuable tool for speeding up the process of application.  Could I get the same look with a softer, less concentrated brush?  Probably, but it would take me a heck of a lot longer.