Other Makeup Brushes & Tools:
Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush

Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush

Pros

Cons

Oh what difference the right brush makes!

I started out with Bare Escentuals by joining their club and receiving the auto shipments. This was a good move on my part, because had I been piece-mealing it, which I often do, I might have skimped on the brushes.

Don't skimp on the brushes; I have learned, over time, that the right brush really does make all the difference in the world.

This kabuki brush certainly makes all the difference when applying the Bare Minerals foundation. It gives you just the right coverage without being harsh in any way. (You know what I'm talking about; some brushes are way too stiff!). It's also a quality brush that lasts for years and years if you take even halfway decent care of it.

You can buy brush cleaners, but I was instructed to clean my brushes by wiping them on baby wipes. Since I keep baby wipes on hand anyway, this is a simple solution for me and this brush that is at least four years old doesn't even remotely look it. So I guess it works!

When you first get it, you will notice that your kabuki brush "sheds" some. I've found this to be normal for several different types of brushes and it's nothing to worry about; I think they overfill some brushes on purpose. After you've used it a few times you'll notice that the bristles no longer fall out and you still have a good head to work with.

Full coverage MEANS full coverage.

When it comes to my overall makeup look, I want my colors (eyes, lips, cheeks) to pop when I'm going out, but I want my skin to look like I magically wake up with even tone, no blemishes, no red spots, etc.  I do **not** want to look like I've covered my skin up as completely as possible, with spackle.

Now I understand that some people like that look - they want absolutely NO natural skin tone to show through.  That's probably what the **Full Coverage Kabuki **is designed for, and in that, it succeeds.  I just think that it leaves your skin looking rather... chalky.

I much prefer the **Flawless Face Brush**, which allows you to build your color as you choose.  If you want a very heavy application, you just need to go over areas more thoroughly.  This is useful because of course, like all ladies, I have *areas* of my face which I'd like to cover more than others.

Also notable: *I have some psoriasis on my face*.  It doesn't cause discoloration for me, I am very lucky, but it does cause *flaking*.  The thickness of application that the **Kabuki** leaves on my face makes my flakes incredibly obvious.  I do not experience this issue nearly as much with my **Flawless Face Brush**.

So I personally do not recommend the **Full Coverage Kabuki**, as it just doesn't work for me.  If you want a super heavy application of your minerals, I think you definitely ***should*** use the **Full Coverage Kabuki*.***

Full Coverage Makeup Brush

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush is the perfect brush to apply powder foundation with. I have been using this Kabuki Brush for years and have never had to replace my brush because it is high quality and definitely made for the long haul. I would highly recommend cleaning the Kabuki brush with the bare escentuals brush shampoo from time to time though just to keep the brush clean. The Kabuki brush applies the perfect layer of powder foundation to my face every time I use it. I swipe the Kabuki brush around my powder foundation and tap the excess off but the brush still holds a good amount of foundation that when applied across my face evenly distributes the foundation all over. The brush bristles are so soft which makes applying foundation a pleasant part of my make up routine. This is a great make up brush and you can use it with any make up not just the Bare Escentuals brand. This is most definitely a good make up tool investment.

Works great.

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

The Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki brush works great with the bareMinerals foundation. I haven't tried it with other powder foundations so I can vouch for how it works with anything other than bareMinerals. The brush is nice and think allowing the foundation to stick and give me the fuller coverage I need for my acne prone complexion. I would recommend using the brush they way the show you--you put some foundation in the cap ofthe bareMinerals container and swish it around in a circular motion, then tap to remove the excess powder, and apply.
I have tried other Kabuki brushes, such as the Too Faced retractable Kabuki brush, and found that they do not work nearly as well as the Bare Escentuals Kabuki brush. With proper care--I recommend washing the brush as needed with barMinerals makeup brush cleaner--it lasts a long time making it worth the money.

Pretty good!

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

I have had this makeup brush for about 7 years now! It is no longer soft, new, ad fluffy, but it still does the trick! I have used it for everything from powder application to foundation coverage. Now I use it to stipple my foundation on my face. It works great and is small so it fits easily in any makeup bag. If you want a brush that is going to last and has great multi-purpose uses, try out the Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush!

Super Soft Great Brush

from Mount Vernon, MO

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

This kabuki brush is my favorite! I use it everyday. It loads the makeup well and then disperses it evenly onto your skin. I love how plush it feels. I ordered extra of these to give as gifts, because I am picky and I know if I like it, everyone else is going to too!

Good quality make up brush.

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

I received this brush when I got a free sample of bare minerals make up. I got a larger one and a very small one. I love them both. The larger one is the one pictured here. I have only used it with the bare minerals make up but I have to say, I was very impressed with the brush-more so than the makeup, which was just fine. I have never lost any bristles and it is so soft and lush.

Super brush

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

This brush makes putting on my make up  fast and easy.  IT even "holds on" to some of the minerals for quick touch ups during the day without opening the jar again.  It feels light and smooth on the face and provides excellent coverage.  It is eay to hold and use.  It washes with shampoo and dries overnight.  I usually only clean it every week or so.

great fairly inexpensive brush

from Sherman Oaks, CA

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

i love this brush.  although after daily use for a year, i needed to replace it.  the only benefit is for extra money you can get the kit and have all the goodies.  the kit really is a great deal. so far after about 8 months i haven't had any problems with the new brush.  it's really a great brush for the price.  you can't beat it.  the really cheap ones aren't as good.  trust me i tried to replace them, but no such luck.  i highly recommend all their brushes and their makeup.  even their eyeshadows are great!

A must have!

from 90210

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

I use this brush daily. It provides great coverage and hides most of my imperfections. Washes nicely and does not loose hair much. Metal part does get dinged from the tapping. I use it only for applying the foundation although I have heard of people using it for the mineral veil.  I think it would be too shimmery for my taste to use it for the veil.  Pricey, but long lasting and worth the coverage!

Makes applying make-up a breeze!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush:

I have this kabuki brush in the large and small sizes. They both came included with my original purchase of Bare Minerals foundation. These are great brushes. The directions are to: "swirl in the lid, tap on the side of the lid and then apply in a circular motion" until you get the coverage that is desired. I find that I like working with the smaller kabuki brush a bit better than this large one but I don't have a particular reason why except maybe it fits into my hand better. These brushes are easy to wash. I put them in warm, soapy water and let them soak for a few minutes, then proceed to gently massage them in my hand until all make-up is removed. Allow to dry and they are ready to use again. Mine are several years old and they still hold their shape and perform like brand new brushes. I would buy these brushes again and again.

Full coverage MEANS full coverage.

from Bellevue, WA