Other Self Tanners & Bronzers:

Pros

Cons

Not my thing

Comments about Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner:

I really like the Bare Escentuals make up line and I thought since I loved those products so much, why not try another of my favorite things, self tanner? I did not have such great success as I had with the makeup. The self tanner is very expensive and the only good part about that is that it claims to be good for your skin. It works well in the sense that it gives you a great looking color and you can instantly see the difference. It is so much harder to apply than other self tanning lotions and is more time consuming. You have to spend at least an hour until it dries and this means you most likely have to apply the formula the day before you want to have a good color. It is kind of hard to get an even color because you have to apply it with a brush rather than your hands like most tanners. You cannot judge as well as feel when it comes to how much you have on the brush and how well it is spreading. This is unfortunate for places it is hard to see such as your back and the back of your legs/arms.

A great sunless tanner!

Comments about Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner:

I really love this product! I have been using it for 3 years. I am about as fair skinned as you can be! This tan makes me as tan as most people are during the summer! The only thing I am not crazy about is that it comes off pretty easily in water so you have to put it on everytime you shower. However, applying it and the color are both great!

• Longevity:

A safe way to get a dark tan and moisturize skin

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner:

Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner is a fabulous product for busy people. If you don't have the time to lay out in the sun for hours to get a tan, or don't want to spend a fortune on tanning beds, Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner is an easy (and quick) way to have tanned looking skin. Best of all, it's safe to use and you won't have to expose your skin to dangerous UV rays to get dark!

The benefits of using Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner include:

- Gives you the look of a dark tan without exposing yourself to the dangerous effects of the sun.

- Won't dry out your skin.

- You control how dark of a tan you get.

- Won't clog your pores.

- Won't irritate your skin.

- Leaves skin feeling soft and moisturized.

- Great for all skin types

- Because it's tinted, you can see where you apply the product making it mistake-proof.

- Lasts for 3 days

Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner will not only give you a dark tan, but it will also leave your skin feeling moisturized. It's infused with Vitamins C and E, as well as aloe vera and sweeet almond oil. It glides over your skin and INSTANTLY gives you a darker appearance. You can watch as your skin changes color. As it sits, it gets slightly darker. Whenever you reapply it, your skin will get a shade darker.

Ease of Application
It's easy to put on because you can where you've applied the tanner. When you first pour a little of the Bare Essentials Faux Tan Sunless Tanner into your hands, you'll notice that it looks a lot like chocolate. DON'T PANIC! It will NOT look like that on your skin.

Once you've applied the tanner, avoid coming in contact with clothing or furniture for about five minutes, as it can transfer off of your body. Wash your hands immediately after use or it WILL stain your hands.

Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner is one of the most hydrating bottled tanning products I have ever used. It feels great on your skin, and I like that I can actually see where the product is being. It has a pleasant scent, too.

Longevity
if you don't reapply it at all, the color that you already applied will last approximately 3 - 5 days (the packaging states it will last 5 - 7 days, but it did not last that long for me).

• Longevity:

Bare Escentuals Faux Tan is good-looking but hard to use!!!

from Van Buren, AR

Comments about Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner:

Personally, I have found the Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner to be difficult to use. Or, not so much difficult to use, just hard to perfect the art of. It does take quite a bit a practice to achieve a realistic looking tan, and you're not fooling all that many people anyways when you go from white to tan in a day!! But anyways, my tanner came with a brush as well, and it says to apply in circular motions so as to avoid streakiness. The brush does remove streakiness, but it is still rather more time consuming than just a lotion would be. I have found the color to be a good tan color, not to orangey or anything like that. The smell is not atrocious, nor particularly appealing, just mediocre in my opinion. One good thing is that you can see where you have applied the product because it gives you immediate color, but you do have to wait an hour plus in order for the tan to not wear off onto clothing or in water. It is expensive, but at least it's good for your skin.

Bare Escentuals Faux Tan - better than others!

from Fayetteville, GA

Comments about Bare Escentuals Faux Tan Sunless Tanner:

"Bare Escentuals Faux Tan" is a great product if you want to obtain a pretty quick tan.  One thing I love about it is the color.  It starts out as a dark green color and then gradually fades as you rub it in.  You will definitely know if you have missed a spot.

Like any other self-tanner you must be careful around any dry spots because it will settle and will be nearly impossible to remove.

When I apply mine I cover both of my hands with lotion and then add the Faux Tan and mix them very well.  I find that it moisturizes better and applies more evenly.  It also prevents any dark spots from appearing on your hands too quickly.  I find that I must wash my hands pretty often though during the application.

My only complaint is this:  one thing that originally drew me to this product is the "no smell" comments I heard from friends.  Don't be fooled.  It does have a smell and it is not a very pleasant one either.

Overall, it works better than other self-tanners and I would recommend it!