Other Credit Cards:

Cons

No complaints here.

from Kansas

Comments about Barclays - Rewards MasterCard:

Barclays Rewards MasterCard was the first credit card I ever used after my parents suggested it to help build up my credit and all that. I never had any problems with it. The rewards are a nice added bonus. Their customer service is EXCELLENT! Their interest rates are fair and much better than some other credit card companies you will come across. I have nothing bad to say about Barclays Rewards MasterCard.

Like I said, this was my first credit card. I was a little nervous using it at first. I would not use it much and when I did I would just go pay off the balance immediately. Their interest rates are pretty low but I wouldn't ever have a balance on my account so I didn't have to worry about that. You do get rewards which is a nice touch. You use the points like cash and can pay for purchases you already made, meaning you can just use the points to pay on your credit card bill. You get two points per dollar on things like groceries or your electric bill and one point on everything else. It was nice being able to just have part of my bill paid without even having to do anything.

Their customer service is AWESOME. Any time I called I would quickly be connected with someone and they were very knowledgeable. They were patient with my weird questions, which I appreciated.

I still have my Barclays Rewards MasterCard but just don't use it much because I primarily use my debit card. It's a great credit card, especially as your first credit card!

• Available Rates:

Barclays Rewards MasterCard - Exemplary!

Comments about Barclays - Rewards MasterCard:

One of the best financial decisions I made when I was 18 years old, having just started my first permanent job, was open up a Barclays Bank Account and apply for a Rewards MasterCard. I was a committed customer for 22 years before safely closing my account due to relocation to another part of the world.

In that 22 years, the service I received from Barclays in respect of their account services was exemplary. Only on one occasion did I notice a small error on my statement, I went into my local branch and they corrected the error within 7 days (the error was something in the region of $10 so it was not a large mistake, but it was a mistake that I wanted correcting). They were very believing of my plight and had no hesitation in processing my request.

Their interest rates are reasonable and their customer support, whether this be over the telephone or face to face, is second to none. They treat a customer with total respect like the good old days!

I cannot recommend the brand and their products highly enough.

• Available Rates:

I use my Barclays card for purchases I used to use cash for.

from Olean, NY

Comments about Barclays - Rewards MasterCard:

I have been using my Barclays cards for everything from gas to utility payments to groceries. I build up my rewards points throughout the year, and then turn them in near Christmas time to help lessen my expenses. I get double points on all my purchases and more for other categories including hotel stays. Rewards vary and I can chose how I want to use my points.

Customer Service
Customer service representatives have been pleasant and helpful during any phone call that I have made. They are accommodating and eager to make sure any issue I have is resolved. The only problem I have with this card is that if you go on vacation and spend more than $100, you are supposed to call ahead and let them know. Otherwise your purchase can be declined. They do call or text you to try and approve the purchase.

Available Rates
Rates on purchases are very reasonable and they do have promotional offers throughout the year.

• Available Rates:

Great Rewards, Accepted Everywhere!

Comments about Barclays - Rewards MasterCard:

I am pleased with the level of rewards offered with this card, as well as its wide acceptance. I am chiefly concerned with a card that allows me to bank for travel. The card gives me 2x rewards for my travel and dining. A bonus is that I get to keep 10% of my point redemption. I cashed in 20000 points toward a hotel stay in New York and was rewarded with 2000 of those points back.

The Barclay card is superior to airline cards in that I don't have to struggle to find eligible flights for which to use my points. I simply book any flight I want, anytime I wish.
Redemption is easy. I just find eligible charges on my card and apply my point balance as a statement credit! Never a lost mile due to airline tricks and exclusions.

Customer Service
The website and the phone support are great. I am able to quickly look up my account, see my posted and pending charges and calls to customer service have been answered quickly and to my satisfaction.

Barclay has started offering your actual FICO credit score for free on the statement, a nice bonus item. Other use credit scoring as a profit cent, Barclay does not.

Available Rates
I don't carry a balance, so rates are of no concern to me. From what I read, Barclay's rates are competitive.