1.4

Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard

1.4

Thaw Zin Oo

RACAILLY DISCRIMINATING BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE, AND EMPLOYEE

The worst banking credit card experience i have every had. the Barclays bank employee's,  use race ,color ,to determine credit limits and worthiness. i spoke with several employee's of the Barclays bank accounting service department. after verbally asking me if i was Hispanic, puerto rician by my last name and verbal accent.  i recorded the conversation. the bank employee's decided, that i was a high risk credit card user because i was in the group of Hispanic. i was told my credit limit was immediately  decreased from the approved amount of $5,000.00  to $850.00.this decreased was done about 10-12 days after i received the credit card.  this decrease was not based on my approved credit rating. but was base on the color ,race i am in . i filed a complain with the Barclays Bank of Delaware management. and received no corrected actions. they just send out a copy of the federal laws and the bank policy's. i also filed a complain with FDIC.  the FDIC did nothing, they forwarded a copy of my complain to the Barclays bank Delaware.  . the bank send the FDIC a copy of the bank policy;s and the federal laws on discrimination. . no actions on the part of the Barclays bank Delaware to correct the illegal discrimination. and no actions from the FDIC to investigate the complain of the voice recorded  illegal action by the Barclays bank Delaware  employee's. IF you are a minority person, a person of color, or if you have a Hispanic last name. The BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE  is NOT  a good ,fair bank for any thing dealing with your  credit report or finance.  NOT RECCOMEMND BARCLAYS BANK DELAWARE

Thaw Zin Oo

from yangon

Help

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

False advertisement ...3 free flights, no way, check the chart, too many restrictions, peak, off peak, etc....took me a a year + another credit card just to get 1 trip & still cost 66.00. Not worth the aggravation!!!!!!!

• Customer Service:
  • Available Rates:

AND LL BEAN LOOSES ANOTHER CUSTOMER DUE TO THIS BANK!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

I really hope LL Bean smartens up and drops this bank! They are costing them several customers (just search Google to see what I mean). Barclay's shady tactics and horrific customer service are beyond comprehension. I will never do business with anyone associated with these people - no matter how much I love their products. People work hard for their credit - and it's important to them. I certainly am not going to risk mine over a shirt of backpack. They constantly "loose" payments (or, selectively misplace them)...then charge customers a ridiculous late fee because of it...and proceed to jack the APR to some crazy amount. In over 20 years I have NEVER been late on a payment or had a credit card "loose" a payment....and I have NEVER been pushed to the point of no return with a CS rep.; to go as far as to tell them to "F--- Off!" Who needs to be aggravated to that point?!?

I find it very convenient that these banks always blame the customer for a "misplaced" payment...Really, how hard is it for them to throw it in the trash, pretend they never received it and use it as an excuse to screw you over?!? Sorry LL - not ordering another thing until these guys are gone. I like the free shipping but I wouldn't use this card again if someone held a gun to my head. If I could give them NO STAR I would....

Run, Run, Run, and Again I Say RUN!!!!!

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

If you are every approached, tempted, or anyway thinking about getting a Spirit Mastercard or any Barclay Bank credit card, don't walk, run away fast.  This company has to be the worst lending institutions there is and apparently they practice a new kind of math.  Let me tell you what I mean.

I paid off my credit card completely.  At least that what I thought.  I did not depend on the printed balance on my statement.  I called and got the pay off balance.  Then I added $20 to that, just to make sure that it was completely paid off.  I had heard so many stories about companies that tack on extra fees to keep you from every really paying them off.  The next month I get a bill.  Gues what? You guessed it Fees; then interest on the fees.  Called customer service.  They said they would handle everything.  Then the following month I get a credit.  Okay, I thing I am okay.   But no, Barclay actually sent me a check for $22 and then charge my now closed credit account $86.

I called to Barclay's customer service to strenghten things out.  The manager, not the customer service representative told me they would be in an inquiry and hung up on me. Can you believe it?  And I am still fighting to get a 0 balance and a truly closed account.  As I stated early, don't walk, run away from this company.

Boycott any store that offers Barclays financing

from New York, NY

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

Barclays are criminal an there are tons on linked forums on google that support this claim. Can't understand why big-time companies like Apple and LL Bean use them. It is a horrible image for these companies and I am starting to point that out to them. I've been forwarding forum links such as the following and am in the process of apple dumping these guys. Let's put the scums out of business. Please send your complaints also.

[http://www.viewpoints.com/Barclays-Bank-of-Delaware-Free-Spirit-Platinum-Mastercard-review-0eca8][1]

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Barclays-Bank-of-Delaware-Free-Spirit-Platinum-Mastercard-review-0eca8

This is a SCAM!

from Arlington, VA

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

I will be flying on Spirit often so when I was booking flights I saw the credit card advertised that gives you free spirit benefits such as upgrading your status to Elite so you skip the lines. I clicked on the site applied and received the Free Spirit card but it was silver. When I called Spirit I was advised the silver card gives you no benefits on the airline!!! I applied for a card with airline benefits and received a card that gives none whatsoever. This is false advertising. It is a complete scam. I cancelled the card immediately.

BEWARE of this Credit Card...Barclays Bank of Delaware

from Algonac, MI

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

We have had this credit card for over 5 years with a sizable credit limit.  Today we received an email from the Credit Card Company-Barclays Bank of Delaware...US Airways Dividend...they lowered our credit limit due to us paying off our monthly charges when the statement was due. No one in customer service could tell us why we were cut from the high limit to down to $1500.00.  The one associate told us we never charged over $2,000.00 in a month.  So why did they cut us down to a credit limit of just $1500.00 when we spend about $2,000.00 per month.  We pay our credit card every month in full. With this credit card we pay all of our bills, such as electric, gas, phone, cell and extra.  We pay on line.  So what is the deal here.  Do they not want out business?  Do they not want someone who pays their bills every month, on time and paid the full balance off?  What is up with this credit card company.  We never received a notice in the mail when they raised our limit without our permission but now we received an email stating we have been lowered to $1500.00 for lack of use of the card at the higher credit limit.  We would of been totally ashamed if we used the card to buy a big purchase and was rejected due to lack of credit.  We talked to the manager of the credit card department, there is nothing they can do.  Do not use this card.

This is the most rip off credit card, DO NOT use them!!!!

from Santa Monica, CA

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

I got one through the Apple store when I was going to buy an ipod, with no interest. The sales person did not tell me that the offer was only good FOR THAT DAY! It went up to 29.99% when I used it a month later. They have NO customer service and I am warning you to please, NEVER do ANY business with Barclays, believe me, you will deeply regret it! I wrote a letter to Apple and went by the store on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, CA and they couldn't care less either. The staff was rude as was Barclays. I even explained that one of my best friends died in an auto accident, so that is why I didn't use it. Tough luck, and read the fine print was the response, spoken and implied. REALLY AWFUL EXPERIENCE. If you do use them, know that you were warned, and good luck.

BARCLAYS BANK's VISA

from New York, NY

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

I recently apply LLBean's VISA (BARCLAYS BANK's VISA) card because my old LLBean's VISA card was converted to Bank America VISA. I received a letter from BARCLAYS BANK asking my US passport copy to approve I'm a US citizen. I apply so many credit cards and this is first time I have been asking for US passport. I do not understand why? It is because I have a Japanese last name.All the banks are using SS# to verify account IDs but BARCLAYS BANK. BARCLAYS BANK is totally RACAILLY DISCRIMINATING. We should not do business with them.

A worthless credit card and a bank that sucks!

from Toms River, NJ

Comments about Barclays Bank of Delaware - Free Spirit Platinum Mastercard:

My wife got this card to see if we can get a little break here & there when we fly out of AC, NJ. I carry little cash and use this card as our primary card. So our gym memberships are charged, EZ Pass, etc. I paid $600.00 online- their web site and it took THREE WEEKS for it to post to the account. It came out of my checking account with no problem, but because we are "New account holders", they did that! How the hell does that make sense? They suck!