Other Credit Cards:

Bank of America - Visa Card

Pros

Cons

Cash Back Rewards card is the best

I am not sure if you get the most cash back of any card with this card, but I have always been a bank of america card holder so it was natural for me to get this card. I receive one percent back on every purchase, two percent back on groceries, and three percent back on gas purchases. This card is linked with my savings account and my checking account. Once I earn my rewards, I transfer the money back into my savings or checking account and they credit me with ten percent extra on top of what I already earned for doing that. The interest rates on the card are crazy high. I only have the card to earn the cash back rewards. I am very diligent about paying back my card every month in full to make sure that I am not paying any interest. If you start getting into paying the interest than the cash back rewards does not matter anymore. It is a great way to earn extra money that I wouldn't normally have to use for my yearly vacation with my husband and my kids!

don't fall for scam

BOA offered me a great credit card with a great rate. After having the card for over one year and paying additional not just the minimum due i get a notice that says your rate now is going to 24.99%....how is that possible when every payment is on time, more than the minimum and i have not even used 30% of the line of credit issued. Believe me this is called 'legal loan sharking".

the banks are borrowing money at nearly 0% and then charging us consumers 24.99%. If that is not loan sharking i don't know what to call it.

After this i plan on transferring my balance to another bank that has a better program and treats their customers properly. I have my savings account which has a good balance in it, my checking account and a loan thru BOA. I would have thought i would be treated better than this..................well don't fall for the same scam of low rates in the beginning cuz they will get you in the end.

riped off

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

card hacked four time's called them thy took of three will not take the other off other said I owed it why would I owe this one and did not the others,worst people I have ever dealed with,I will not pay it I do not owe it.

It takes forever to get cash back rewards.

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

This is not the best for cash back rewards. They offer 1% cash back on all purchases (clothing, new tires, hairdresser, etc), 2% on groceries and dining out, and 3% back on gas. The problem is even if you spend often, and in high quantities, it takes forever to get rewarded. On a $50 fuel purchase you receive $1.50, but I only fuel up a few times monthly. Further, with groceries, even on a $200 grocery bill, you only receive $4 cash back. - So, you have the card for months, and you basically get a few dollars cash back, and interest rates are absurd, so if you do not pay off the monthly limit, it is not really worth it. I would suggest another card for cash back; if you simply want something to help you build your credit score, and to receive a few dollars back annually, then you may want to consider this as an option, but otherwise, it really does not pay you back, and you will not be taking an expensive vacation for free anytime soon if you are expecting great cash back rewards with this card.

Available Rates
Interest rates are absurd and cash back returns aren't all that great.

Stay away.

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

Do I own a bank of America Card? No I do not but I had one in the past. Lets say about two years back i owned one and if I may say, I hate it. Thank god I got rid of it in time. And to be honest, sometimes I wonder why did I take this card in the first place? Was I desperate to have one or was I thinking to flaunt it or what? I still have no answer to it. The rates are super high, more more than what other banks charge and the rewards are no where to mention for. Go for this bank card only if it is the last resort for you, else NO, yes, I wrote it ins Capitals. Stay away from this card. Even after I cancelled my account with this bank I used to receive their letter for a long time. The customer care has always been horrendous, let it be on phone or in the bank itself. The reason for me being away from this bank was the sudden rise in the APR that I was not ready to pay. My last verdict would be stay away from this bank as far as possible.

Nothing Special, No Rewards

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

I signed up for a Bank of America Visa years ago before rewards became the norm, and am stuck with this card still. I have the novelty of a card that shows my favorite baseball team, but that's about the only good thing.

The APR is high, my highest by far, and they kept upping my credit limit until I called and asked them to lower it back down. I asked for a lower APR instead of more credit, and they denied me.

I manage by bill online easily, that's another plus. Whenever I call their customer service with any concerns (such as the 6 months it took for me to get a card in my new, married name) they offer me a different, better card from Bank of America but tell me that I will be unable to transfer my balance from this one so I always say no, until I am done paying this one. I only keep it anymore because I have had it for 17 years and it's nice to have that consistency on your credit report.

A good card for anyone!

from Millville, NJ

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

My husband and I have been dedicated Bank of America customers for over five years. Out of all of our cards, we particularly like our Bank of America Visa card. We have never had any issues with using this card, and you can earn some cash back bonuses on particular items or categories. The statements are always easy to understand, and customer service is more than willing to help you out if you don't understand a charge. This was my husband's first card and my second so I would say it is a good card for beginners as well!

Customer Service
Customer service has always been really nice, and have helped us with any issues we have had including someone stealing our credit card. They shut down our account right away before the thief could make any more charges and were more than cooperative with repairing everything.

Available Rates
The rates aren't too fantastic, but as long as you pay it off in a couple of months it is no big deal. The rates with our Bank Of America Visa Card are about average when compared with our other cards.

Very Rewarding

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

I have had the Bank of America Visa Card for about 3 years now, and I love it! I know exactly which categories I receive which cash back amount: 3% for gas, 2% for groceries and 1% for everything else. I always put my gas and groceries on this card. I use it for pretty much everything, including bills. It is linked with my Bank of America checking and savings accounts, so when I redeem my cash back awards, they go straight into my account if I choose. The benefit to this is that I get a 10% bonus added it if I redeem the cash back awards to my Bank of America account.
A few months ago, my credit card numbers were stolen from a vendor who does business with Bank of America. Several purchases were made with my card in a different city from where I live. The fraud department of Bank of America contacted me immediately to inform me of this and verify that my number had been stolen. They temporarily blocked all transactions and promptly sent me a brand new card in the mail. I was very impressed with the professionalism and attention to detail.

Truly for Americans

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

The Bank of America Visa Card is truly a must have for Americans. It was issued to me when I opened an account with Bank of America and since then I have been using it to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted. The card is linked to one's account and one can access any funds deposited in the account. There are a million and one stores one can use a Visa card. It can also be redeemed for cash at ATM machines. The only thing is that it is advisable to use a Bank of America ATMs when withdrawing so as to avoid unnecessary fees and charges. There is a cash back rewards program associated with the use of the card which can be redeemed once the money is $25. The customer service is very efficient and handles issues in the most timely manner. It is a great product and I will definitely recommend every one to make use of the Bank of America Visa Card and enjoy the rewards associated with it.

Keep on Swipin'!

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

I acquired this credit card when I got married. My husband already had an account and very easily added me on. There is absolutely nothing bad I can say about Bank of America - Visa Card services. We love their customer service (have only had to contact them twice), rewards that you can earn by saving up points (you earn points so quickly and there is such a variety on what you can spend them on, seriously we have gotten TONS of Amazon gift cards, an HD video camera, gift cards to go out to eat and a Wii), the ease of paying your bill online, the option of getting your bill online or in the mail, the speed and attention they have when it comes to fraudulent charges, and I could go on and on. We also love their cash back opportunities as well. I have had this card for a little over five years and do not see any reason to change or switch card services. A few of our friends have asked our advice on credit cards and we always point them towards Bank of America due to the extremely pleasant experience we have had with them!

• Available Rates:

The only card I use regularly

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

This card is convenient, widely accepted and offers confident protection against fraudulent charges. I have no need of other cards. It also offers a variety of cashback rewards which change every month or few weeks and are worth signing up for. I trust both the VISA and Bank of America names on my card.

Customer Service
I'm always given friendly and helpful answers to my questions, and disputing a charge or identifying a fraudulent charge is hassle-free. My requests are dealt with quickly and I have full confidence that my account is in good hands. No high-pressure tactics to sign up for more or better cards. I do wish there was less mail associated with the card.

Available Rates
The rates are comparable and competitive with other cards, not a bargain by any means but similar to what other cards offer. I have never requested my rates be lowered, though the bank offers a plethora of one-time rate reductions for balance transfers.

• Available Rates:

The best experience ever so far

Comments about Bank of America - Visa Card:

I have been with Bank of America for over ten years and finally decided to accept their offer for a credit card. Everything seemed great on paper, but I had to know for sure if it was a good idea to move forward. To my surprise, my experience so far with Bank of America's credit card has been great. The interest rate remains low and the monthly payments are fair. I have nothing bad to say about my Bank of America credit card experience. Customer service has also been great. I went over my limit once and were forgiven the late fee as a one time courtesy. The representative I spoke with handled herself very professionally and knew how to put the customer's needs first. I was so happy to learn that my interest rate did not go up because of this one time mistake on my part. Ever since, I have never went over the limit again and continue to receive the same level of customer service with each call I make to Bank of America's credit card department. I am so happy to admit that I love my credit card rewards and the excellent service that is given to me.