3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Subtle Glow and Radiance

I love this sunless tanner formula from Banana Boat because it gives you a subtle glow and helps your skin look great.  I use this product year round and it is great for adding a little natural color to your skin.  It blends in with you natural color and doesn't feel greasy.  It is easy to apply and doesn't feel sticky on your skin or add streaks.  My favorite part is that it doesn't turn your hands orange when you apply it.  I love that it is quickly absorbed so I can use it just minutes before getting ready to go out.  This is great for adding color in the summer, or adding radiance to your skin all year round.  It is pretty inexpensive and a great way to add some tan to your skin.

Banana boat made me orange and that makes me blue.

Do NOT buy this if you are pale. Just sit out in the sun for a few minutes until you get a little bit of a tan, because this stuff will not leave you looking like you had some sun.

The scent was okay, it definitely was not one of my favorites, but I don't think a lot of people are buying this for it's scent. I was really hoping it would smell like Banana Boat sunscreen because that stuff just smells amazing. But it doesn't. It just smells how you would imagine like a weak tanner would smell.

Absorption
This stuff felt like grease, it legit felt like I was just rubbing lard onto my skin. I should have known from then that the product was just going to be completely miserable. I'm not sure if this was an absorption problem, a consistency problem or what so I'll list in here. It left streaks. So aside from being orange I wasn't even an all around even orange.

If I wanted to be orange than this would be great! Like say if I wanted to look like a stripeless tiger, but unfortunately that was not the look I was going for. If it was then there was more good news, this stuff lasts for a while! Nothing says summer quite like hiding inside your house waiting for your skin to stop making it look like you are suffering from jaundice.

Banana Boat Tinted Lotion

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

I bought the Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion because I am very pale, and I don't have a lot of time to sit out in the sun. I can't wear shorts in the summer because I'm embarrassed at how white my legs are. I have tried a few different self tanners before, and I thought they were okay. I have never tried a Banana Boat product I didn't like, so I thought this would be better than the others. I was wrong! This lotion was a strange brown color, but it was almost orange. I should have known by the color of the lotion that it would turn my skin orange! My legs and arms had streaks running down them. There were lines all over me that were darker than the rest, and most of the color was orange. I ended up getting some of the lotion in my hair, and it stained my hair! The color was very unnatural, and it took two weeks to completely wear off. The bottle says it will give you a dark color, but they don't mention that the color is orange!

• Absorption:

Banana boat made me orange and that makes me blue.

from Modesto, CA

• Absorption:

Good to use with a base tan but not on pale skin.

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

I have tried this lotion two ways. One way worked great and another was not great at all. First of all, I would not recommend this lotion on pale, untanned skin. I tried this on my pale skin and I did not like the outcome. It did not give me the tan color I was looking for. Even after multiple uses, I still looked pale. I mainly put it on my legs and did not get good results. I did get uneven color around my ankles and knees. However, I tried it again to go along with my summer tan and liked it then. It looked much more natural when paired with a base tan. I felt like it enhanced the color on my legs while keeping my skin hydrated. I would recommend using this over summer time with a base tan to go along with it. It may work better on darker skin tones but it did not work well on my fair skin in the winter.

The scent is great!

Absorption
It absorbs quickly and does not leave you feeling greasy. However, I had a hard time getting it to look even.

It was not highly effective for me on my fair skin but I felt like it enhanced my tan in the summer.

• Absorption:

I absolutely love this Banana Boat Product!

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

I use this every other day to achieve a nice summer glow. It keeps my skin soft and hydrated. I always have a nice glow and it looks like I spent a few hours in the sun! You just need to apply about a quarter size dollop of the banana boat sunless summer color tinted lotion into your hands and thoroughly rub it into your skin. Once you rub the lotion into your skin, it takes about fifteen minutes for it to fully absorb. Then you look like you have a golden tan!

The scent is mild but you can still detect a bit of a coconut scent. It smells like you are on a beach!

Absorption
It absorbs completely into your skin within fifteen minutes. Once the lotion is completely absorbed into your skin, you notice the golden bronze glow immediately!

It is very effective because you look like you spent a few hours in the sun without the negative effects of the sun! It keeps you looking bronzed all day long!

Get Glowing Skin

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

I have tried SO MANY self-tanning lotions over the years, and this Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion is definitely one of the better ones! If you find yourself wanting to have a little color to your skin, this is a great product to try. It's great to use in the winter when you have very little exposure to the sun, but also great in the summer when you want to enhance your natural tan!

The scent is pretty subtle and mild. The scent fades fairly quickly, and I don't find it bothersome at all.

Absorption
I haven't had any issues with this self-tanning lotion absorbing into my skin. It sinks right in, and my skin feels very moisturized.

This self-tanning lotion is very effective. It hydrates and provides color at the same time. It's not orange toned or streaky like other similar products. Since it's in lotion form, it's not as intense and intimidating as regular self-tanner, which is really great.

Tinted lotion

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

This lotion is the first I have ever bought from Banana Boat, I have always liked their sunscreen protection products and for the price I decided to try it out. Initially I was not really expecting a whole lot from it but I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I have a medium type complexion during the summer but during winter I become really fair so I was looking for a tanner that would not be too far off from my natural summer look. This tanning lotion was really easy to apply evenly and did not turn orange at all which I really liked. It gave me a nice bronze type complexion that was really attractive.

As with most tanning lotions the smell is one thing that is hard to get around but for this one I really didn't mind the smell very much and it seemed to fade away some after an hour or so.

I think that it was really effective, the only thing that I would change is how long it stays without fading.

Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion - Absorbs Well

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

I have tried a variety of sunless tanners and tinted lotions over the years, many of which are poorly formulated and difficult to use properly. Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion is a middle of the pack product in my opinion. It has one thing really going for it, and that is how well it absorbs into the skin! I was amazed at the absorption this lotion provides and it really increased the over all rating scale of the product. As far as being a tinted lotion, I did not really see good tinting effects after using this product for several days. There was no sense of any skin darkening or tinting that I could discern. For this reason I'd suggest Banana Boat just market this as a regular moisturizer as it does very well in that regard without tinting. The scent is so-so. Unlike other Banana Boat products that have delicious fragrances that immediately send images of the beach through my mind, this lotion smell was not nearly as appealing.

Best way to tan

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

The women in my life drummed a respect of the sun into my head at an early age. I use the strongest sunblock I can find to minimize sun damage but this leaves my skin as pale as my Irish grandmother's. Most of the time, I embrace the pale but sometimes you want just a touch of color for a formal event or a photo opportunity.

I've tried several brands. Many are streaky or leave you looking like you rolled around in orange dye. This isn't one of those products. I am able to apply this like a lotion. It doesn't take long to dry and I am able to have a sun kissed look without streaks as long as I take my time and apply carefully. What's nice about this is that you can decide what color to let it be by applying in layers. It takes a few hours for the color to really show but that's where the patience plays in. Just go slow and easy. Do a layer and then decide later in the day if you want to darken it a little more. Applying it thick the first time is where most people run into the streaking trouble.

A great with the pain

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

So you are going on vacation, but you need color because old man winter has taken your tan away. That is when you purchase Banana Boat sunless color to make you tan from head to toe. This product covers so evenly that people with think you been in the sun for hours. This product gives you a great tan without the pain of sunburn or chance of getting skin cancer from the exposure to the sun. I have used this product to get great comments on my tan, whether at the office and on vacation. This product lives up to every promise that it makes by giving you confidence to face anything. So do not waste you money on the other fancy products because they can not beat this product.

I love the scent of this product because it smells great compared to the other fancy products that have stinky smells.

Absorption
This product absorbs without leaving any product or missed spots. This product is easy to cover every part of your body.

This product is very effective because it gives you a awesome tan without the pain of a sunburn.

Sunless Beauty in a Tube

from Peoria, IL

Comments about Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion:

Overall this product is quite effective in giving you some summer color without the harm. The reason for this is because it is enriched with color that glides easily on your body. This lotion goes on smooth and can be blended in to whichever tone you want. It also looks natural when you put it on.

This product does not have an overpowering scent. It is safe for those with sensitive skin. I know that I did not have a reaction to the scent and neither did my body. This product works great on all skin types.

Absorption
Works well into the skin without leaving a greasy feeling. I like the fact that I can rub it into my skin and have that tanned look without worrying about being affected by the UV rays from the sun. It does not feel heavy on my skin either, it gives it a chance to breathe.

Once I applied this product to my skin, I got an instant tanned look. It is great for those who are going out to a special function and want to have a tanned look. It works well into the skin and quickly washes away. I use it all the time I want a bronze look without the worry.