3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Longevity:

Perfect tan, no skin cancer

This has been my staple sunless tanner for a long time. I'm actually wearing it right now. It has the right amount of tint to where you can see where you've put it on and rub in any streaks but it's not so tinted that it rubs off too much on sheets and clothes. You definitely should leave it on for a few hours and then shower the tint off before bed if you have light sheets. But once the tinted part is washed off, the tan stays for a few days and doesn't rub off on things. I've tried self tanners before where the tan would rub off on clothes and sheets and the Banana Boat Deep Dark Tanner doesn't do that. I don't totally love the smell of the tanner, but it's not nearly as bad as a lot of other sunless tanners. It makes my skin feel really soft. I use this tanner on my face and it doesn't clog my pores at all. I rub some on about once a week or so to maintain my tan and it looks great. People always compliment me on my tan!

This turned me a burnt orange color.

I bought this product with the hope that it would be a good substitute to laying in the sun or a tanning bed all summer for some color. I burn easily and am always on the look out for a good sunless tanning product. Luckily I have learned my lesson a few times the hard way with sunless tanners.

I applied this product to my legs only. I used it on my thighs and spread it around and smoothed it in. It has a good smell to it and wasn't too overpowering like some sunless tanning products I've used. The smell was kind of tropical to me. The lotion had a twinge of color to it and I could see flecks of orange and brown as I was applying but this is usually the case with these products. I only applied to my thighs to test this out for a couple days because I wanted to see how it worked before I applied it all over my body before my vacation in South Carolina. After three days of use, my thighs were a nasty color of burnt orange and brown. The color was so unnatural and disgusting. I looked worse than clay or mud. It was a disgusting color and thankfully I was smart about testing it out first. This was not the product for me and I am shocked at all the positive reviews I read online before purchasing it. It gave me color but it wasn't a pretty or natural one.

It's effective if you don't care if you look like clay.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply but gets on clothes and hands.

It actually had a nice scent which made it more disappointing when the color was bad.

Longevity
Thankfully, it only took 2-3 days for me to scrub and exfoliate this horrible product off my thighs.

Works like a Charm

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

If you are hesitant to try a self tanner or bronzer because (like me) you have had a bad experience, or you are simply terrified of turning a bright shade of orange, be afraid no more. Banana Boat Summer Color is subtle enough that even if you are not a pro at rubbing it in, you will still have a smooth, darkened color. I was incredibly impressed with the results, and so cheap too! Certainly worth a shot.

Subtle, but definitely noticeable. It darkens with each application, so you definitely have control over what color you come out.

Ease of Application
It is just like applying lotion! Rub it in, smooth it out, and wait an hour or so to start seeing your skin darken visibly.

I mean, it is not perfume, but it does not have an unpleasant odor. No reason to not give it a try!

Longevity
I was incredibly impressed with how long the color lasted. I applied it about twice a week, and I kept slowly growing darker all summer long. Next time I will apply it all winter long. Great product!

• Longevity:

Not too bad, a variety of tanning "levels"

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

The Banana Boat line of Self Tanners has a variety of different options for your tanning needs. What’s really good though is that it doesn’t mater which level of tan you want, light, medium, or dark the self tanning lotions are good for all skin types. I used the light to medium tanning lotion and it went on really nice and smooth. It has a nice tropical fresh scent. You really need to use it sparingly around your joints, knees, elbows, ankles, and knuckles because you will end up with darker patches in those areas, less is more in those spots! It says that you only have to wait until it dries to put on clothes, but I much more prefer to take an hour or so before going out to avoid any areas that might be affected by rubbing from the fabric of my clothes. After the first use, you’ll notice a nice light tan, if you keep to the directions and only use it a couple of times a week, in two-three weeks you’ll be rocking an awesome bronze tan. Also, it doesn’t streak at all and you don’t end up looking orange. It’s great!

Results Obvious, but Look Fake on Some

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

I have always enjoyed Banana Boat products for summer, and I appreciate the effort they are trying to make with their Summer Color lotion. It has looked good on one friend of mine, and horrible on another-I would say it really depends on the person and how they want to approach self-tanning, which is obviously better than sun-damaged skin. I had to be very sparing with it, even after I had a tan-portions of my skin looked quite fake, and some did not; it just made it not seem worth the hassle.

I would try this product somehow before buying it if you can. It does accomplish color, but whether it is the color you want is a personal opinion. It looks better if you are already tanned.

Ease of Application
It is easy to apply but you must do it evenly and smoothly, and of course wash your hands very well.

Unfortunately, after the nice smell of the lotion wears off, you smell that signature self-tanning chemical. I guess it depends on whether you can stand the smell of it or not, but it really does "give you away".

Longevity
The color does hold tenaciously, if you don't scrub too hard, but it can come off in blotches as well, which no one wants.

Just OK

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, in Deep Dark Color is an alright self tanner. It does seem to work quicker or look darker, than others that I have tried, but it is a bit greasy and orange looking for my taste. I really love a golden glow to warm up my skin, but this seemed off even for my yellow undertone skin.

This self tanner does work well and quick.. I like to use it two days in a row, then refresh in a few days once it begins to fade.

Ease of Application
This product applies easily but does leave color on your hands that needs to be scrubbed off. You do also have to make sure you apply it evenly or else you will end up with streaks. Also, I found it a bit greasy, which bothers me. I like a self tanner that acts more like a moisturizer and absorbs quickly into the skin quickly.

The scent is not too bad. It definitely has that scent that is common with self tanners in general.

Longevity
This self tanner lasts just as long or fades just as quickly, as most of these products that I have tried. I think it depends on if you exfoliate often, which I do, and if you apply it for more than one day in a row to build up the color. I usually use a self tanner one or two times a week in the summer months, so longevity is not something that I pay much attention to.

• Longevity:

Good solution for budget tanning.

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

I'm a big fan of Banana Boat products. They're affordable, smell great, and usually work really well. Banana Boat self tanner fits right in with the rest of their products and fulfills all the exceptions I have of the brand name.

I had a few streaks when I used this product but I think that was primarily due to the fact that I bought a shade darker than I meant to so even though it was a small streak it seemed really noticeable. Other than that the tan looked pretty good, a touch oranger than I'd like but not by any means terrible or not worth using agin.

Ease of Application
This is your basic lotion application. The formula is pretty average, totally standard thickness. The only problem was it felt like it took a really long time to absorb into my skin.

I love the Banana Boat signature smell. I don't know how they manage to get it in everything but It's great and I always love it.

Longevity
I waited four days to reapply while showering every day.

Love this stuff

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

I love Banana Boat for all things summer, especially this self tanner. It does exactly what it says on the bottle and gives you a deep, dark tan. It is easy to apply and lasts all day long and sometimes longer depending on how much you need to use. It is great to use anywhere on the body and is a gentle formula. It has a great smell to it so you do not feel like you are walking around catching glances from others until the smell wears off. You are safe to leave the house after application. It also does work as well on different skin tones because I introduced my friend to this formula and she has much paler skin than I do and it works for her just as well. I have not tried it on my face because I like to use a different product that has an added SPF to it to keep my face looking young and wrinkle-free. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone and the best part is it is budget friendly.

Not too bad.

from TN

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

I have never really used self tanning lotions unless it was a very light and gradual change in skin color because I tan easily. I tried this Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion last year because it worked well for my cousin. After using this lotion my skin did appear darker pretty quickly. I was not a big fan of the color it left on my skin though. It was not an orange color, it just was not particularly the right glow I was looking for. I would recommend this self-tanner to someone who is looking to get a quick glow for special occasions as it works fast. The thing I liked most about it is when I stopped using it, it did not take long to wear off. And when it was going away, it still did so evenly so My skin did not look streaky.

This self-tanner left color on my ski fast, it just was not the color I wanted to be. I think it probably would have worked better on someone with skin who is more fair than mine.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply evenly.

Thought this self-tanner smiled just fine. No complaints.

Longevity
He color I achieved before I stopped using it did not take long to wear off.

• Longevity:

The best self-tanner on the market!

from Carthage, NC

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

My favorite self-tanner out of all of them! I love the smell and the color appears quickly. I can easily give it a 10 or higher if possible.

If you apply this product 2-3 times a week you will look like you have a beautiful bronzed tan all summer long.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply to my skin. Just rub it on evenly and don't forget to wash your hands or else you will have brown streaks on them.

Smells heavenly, almost like baby powder or a light cologne scent. My favorite scent of all self tanners, unlike others that smell medicinal and you wouldn't want people to know you had applied it. You can't go wrong with this product.

Longevity
You must apply this product at least 2 or 3 times a week for it to remain effective. Going out in the sun once in a while is helpful also to keep a beautiful tan. Be careful using is on your face, as it is easy to have streaks around the eyes. I try to avoid putting it on my face.

• Longevity:

This turned me a burnt orange color.

from West Virginia

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

It's effective if you don't care if you look like clay.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply but gets on clothes and hands.

Didn't work for me.

Comments about Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion, Deep Dark Color:

I purchased Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion in a dark color so that I could add a bit of color to my horribly pale skin without the risk of burning myself. If I stay out in the sun for longer than 30 minutes, I burn. I did not purchase this expecting that I would get significantly tan, but I did expect at least a tint of color, which it did provide if I wanted to be a Ommpa Loompa stage production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

I gave it to a friend with a tan already and it worked great on her, so perhaps you need a "base" tan before it doesn't turn you orange.

Turned the test spot I used orange. Glad I didn't put this all over me. They say after the first shower it looks more tan. In my case it just washed completely off.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply. Just follow the instructions on the bottle.

Smell was nice. Not too overpowering.

Longevity
Washed off in the shower. Since this only happens to a handful of people apparently, perhaps it was because of the wash I was using. It should last through a shower regardless of the shower/body wash one uses.