Other Sunscreens:

Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

This fragrance free, non-oily sunscreen works well for my needs.

***Quick View:*** I don't require a very high SPF because I am not in the sun for hours at a time and I have olive skin that rarely burns. I picked this sunscreen up for myself because it said it was very water resistant and would not streak or run. It seems to be working fine for my needs.

***My Take on Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30***

This sunscreen comes in an 8 ounce orange plastic bottle with a blue flip open lid. The bottle stands on its lid. The product is white and medium consistency with hardly any scent at all. It is labeled as fragrance free.

I used this suncreen on my chest and arms and lightly on my neck at first. I didn't use it on my face because I feared a break out. It smoothed on fine and absorbed fast. it wasn't greasy at all and there was no scent that I could discern once it was on my skin. I didn't burn and I didn't have any problems with the sunscreen. I then tried it on my face. I had no issues with it there either although I am more comfortable using a sunscreen for faces.

I don't burn quickly but the sun has been brutal and I have been out in it a lot. I don't stay out in the glaring sun for hours but I found just 15 to 20 minutes is enough for me to get color. I am tan this year unlike most years past. I started to use this sunscreen because I didn't want to get any tanner and age my skin as well as to avert any other more dangerous issues with the sun. I will go outside for 15 minutes minus sunscreen for the Vitamin D I am deficient in and then apply** Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30**. It allows me to enjoy the sun without worry of a burn on my chest or shoulders, the areas that do burn when I am in the sun. My nose also will burn and I have been using the sunscreen on my face and haven't burned. I am looking for a good facial sunscreen though. I lost the one I had and want to try something with natural sunscreen in it.

For now, this one is working out well for me. It does stay on and doesn't run at all. It doesn't stain my clothes, smell weird, or leave a residue behind. It is formulated with "Avotriplex technology" which seems to do the trick!

***My Viewpoint***

If you're active in the sun and need a lower SPF, **Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30** could be for you. They make higher SPF's too in this formula. I like that the sunscreen is not greasy and doesn't leave a white veil on my skin and that it stays put. I don't have to reapply often at all. My skin doesn't react negatively to it and so far, I haven't had any burns at all even when I have been in the sun for longer than expected. I like this one.*** 4 stars.***

No scent! If there is any, it's very slight which is great. Who wants to smell like suntan lotion?

Absorption
Very fast absorbing. Non greasy.

Longevity
Must be reapplied after swimming or several hours but protects for a long time.

Works well for my medium toned skin with olive undertones. You may need higher SPF.

Just rub it on.

I like Banana Boat Active Dry Protect because it's not greasy!

I recently went on vacation and bought a travel-size version of this sunscreen to use on my trip. I normally use an all natural sunscreen made by Alba, but I wanted the smallest suitcase possible, so I went with this.

**Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunscreen SPF 30** contains an "Active Dry Protect formula" which helps it absorb quickly and leave no greasy feeling behind.

I did like how this sunscreen was not greasy at all. Once you apply it, it rubs in nice and easy and doesn't leave you white since this isn't a barrier sunscreen. I applied this once at my hotel (an hour before sun exposure) and again once I reached my destination (20 minutes before sun exposure). We went on a half an hour airboat ride in the Everglades and then had lunch. When I got back to my hotel, my skin looked red. It didn't feel burnt, but it was red.

I realize this sunscreen is SPF 30 and there are higher SPFs available, but after applying twice, I didn't expect my skin to turn red. I'm giving **Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunscreen SPF 30** 3 stars because I did like the Active Dry aspect, but feel it should provide more protection for how much I applied it.

Won't come off even when you sweat!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30:

Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunscreen SPF 30 works great!
Its sport formula helps it stay on all day long even after sweating in the hot sun.
The smell is pleasant enough for a sunscreen, you can't really expect them to smell like you just walked in to Bath and Body Works can you? This product does not have fragrance added but the smell is not unpleasant.
This lotion based sunscreen, like all lotion sunscreens, has a little greasy-ness to it but very little and has the least of all the lotion based sunscreens I have tried. It turns completely dry once you rub it in.

Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunscreen SPF 30 smells fine for a sunscreen, as nice as you can expect it to smell.

Absorption
Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunscreen SPF 30 absorbs well and completely with no greasy residue afterwards.

Longevity
Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunscreen SPF 30 is formulated to last all day even with an active lifestyle and sweat producing activities.

Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunscreen SPF 30 works great and kept me sunburn free even after a day under the suns hot rays.

Ease of Application
Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunscreen SPF 30 is easy to apply, the top is a flip open cap with a generous size opening so you don't have to squeeze over and over to get what you need. The cap is also easy to close and stays shut.

An updated version of the original Banana Boat Sport Performance

I recently bought this sunscreen to test it out next to the original formula, which was much more greasy (although just as great at protecting the skin against UV rays). I love the fact that this product absorbs extremely well onto the skin. It does feel dry due to the fact that it does not have that greasy, heavy consistency. Application is easy, with minimal blending. There is also no scent, which is very appealing to me as a consumer. I think that the SPF 30 rating is ideal for everyday use. Reapplying the product throughout the day is ideal since the sweat of the skin dissolves the effectiveness of the product. Overall I think that Banana Boat is formulating its products in a very modern way. The company is moving in a great direction.

No scent, which I prefer.

Absorption
Easily sets into my skin, with minimal blending required.

Protects my skin throughout the whole day!

My Go-to Sunscreen

Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30 is definitely a solid sunscreen for most events outside on a blazing, sunny day. It is non-greasy, sweat-proof, water resistant, and lasts quite a while. I have not incurred any dryness or irritation on my own skin after using this product, and it rinses of relatively easily with a nice scrub with some soap. It does not smell bad by any means, it just smells like normal sunscreen. Not over-bearing, but not something to wear for deodorant, obviously. When applied to the skin, it doesn't take long for the body to absorb it and does not leave much nasty, sticky, oily residue like some of its competitors. I have used this product on a daily basis for a few years now. I am on a rowing team, and we are under a hot sun day after day. I sweat a lot, and practice for 3 hours outside under the sun. This stuff definitely prevents me from getting burned and protects my skin from any harsh side effects.

• Ease of Application:

Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen is adequate, nothing special.

from Lexington, MO

Banana Boat sport sunscreen is a good sunscreen, nothing extraordinary or anything, but it works. It is a little greasy for my liking, but doesn't seem to bother the rest of my family. It smells like sunscreen, I actually don't really smell the banana like I can in some of their products. It seems to last through sweat and swimming, but like I said, I am not a fan of the greasy feeling. I haven't had any problems with sun burn while using the product, I usually try to re-apply if I am outside for more than a few hours. It is easy to apply, just spread it on like any lotion. It is a good consistency, more on the thick side, which makes it easy to get yourself very protected from sunburn. I wouldn't recommend it for children, as it is not good to get in the eyes and it can sting, but for my husband and I, it is fine. SPF 30 is a good amount. It is pretty affordable, I'm sure there are better, less greasy sunscreens out there, but they would be more expensive I am sure, and if you are going swimming or sweating anyways, it doesn't bother me as much.

Protects fully against sunburn

from Garden City, NY

Banana Boat is the best product on the market for sun protection.  I have fair skin, but do like to get a little bit of color without getting burnt.  The SPF 30 provides the perfect amount of protection.  My skin is shielded from the damaging UV rays, but I still get a healthy amount on color.  Another plus:  the lotion doesn't seem to "sweat off" like a lot of others do.  I usually reapply after an hour or two and after I get out of the water, but the few times I forgot, I was still well-protected by the initial application.

Banana Boat Sport Suncreen-Fun in the Sun

from Collinsville, IL

First thing i must say is that Banana boat products always smell super wonderful! One of the main things I love is scent, and i hate smelling like stinky sunscreen, so this has a very plesant smell. It really makes me think of playing a game of volleyball on the beach somewhere! One thing i love about it is that it is long lasting. It doesnt matter what activity your are doing, it doesnt fade where you have to reapply it all day long.Yes, you have to reapply it, but not as much. Another thing i love is that it goes on very smooth, its not oily and doesnt have a greasy after feel. I love the price of this and with me being an avid coupon clipper, coupons are fairly easy to find for this product, so thats a plus too. I like that it doesnt irrirate the skin, as with some sunscreens, they burn after awhile of having them on, this one doesnt. My skin is very sensitive and its nice to know theres a product out there that will protect it, and also that its waterproof as well as sweatproof.

The best

from Huntington Beach, CA

I've been using Banana Boat Sport Sunblock Lotion for years.  I live by the beach & spend quite a bit of time in the sun.  This is the first sunblock lotion that does not irritate my skin or cause break outs.  It works great, is waterproof & sweat proof, so it lasts longer than most.  That's great in case, like me, you forget to re-apply frequently.  I would absolutely recommend Banana Boat Sport Sunblock Lotion to everyone.  I use SPF 30 & never burn, but am still able to get that nice sunny glow.  Love it!!!

This fragrance free, non-oily sunscreen works well for my needs.

from The heart of , NY

***My Viewpoint***

Absorption
Very fast absorbing. Non greasy.

Longevity
Must be reapplied after swimming or several hours but protects for a long time.

Just rub it on.

• Ease of Application:

I like Banana Boat Active Dry Protect because it's not greasy!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

All you really need even in Florida

from Boca Raton, FL

My family, like most South Florida families gets a healthy dose of sun without going out of our way. Just doing our daily chores we're pretty much assured of at least an hour or two of exposure. For all but the firest of us, it provides a healthy sun-bronzed look wit virtually no discomfit.

For years I never took any precautions for sun exposure since I never felt any uncomfortable effects. I assumed I was acclimated to the Florida sun and didn't need extra protection. That is, until one of my friends turned up wearing a bandage on his nose. Skin cancer! Fortunate for him it was the easiest and mildest form. But, it got me thinking.

I decided that given the long years of exposure I've endured I'd (and members of my family) had to take sun exposure, een casual exposure more seriously.

**Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30**

Being familiar with Banana Boat sun products, when I saw **Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30**, I thought it was worth a try. Years earlier when I spent a good deal of time on the water I used Banana Boat Sun Block. Although it was greasy, it tended to protect me well without requiring several applications.

**Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30 **is a product that most of us can use everyday without leaving a greasy residue behind. I usually apply it some time after my daily (or semi daily) shave and then go about my daily business.

**Avotriplex Technology**

AvoTriplex technology combines Avobenzone, a powerful UVA absorber that can weaken after prolonged sun exposure, with a stabilizing agent to prevent the sunscreen from breaking down under the sun's rays. This mean that it doesn't have to be reapplied several times a day. Realistically, though water and sweat-proof, if we're at the beach we generally reaply it at least once.

Although I grew up on the fragrance of Coppertone, these days I prefer something containing no fragrance. So do the others in my family. We all seem to like the non-greasy aspect of the product. A tube does seem to go a long way. And, at SPF 30, it's about all the protection an average Floridian needs.

**Bottom Line**

When you live with the omnipresent scorching sun of South Florida it's hard to know just how effective your sun protection is. But using **Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect Sunsceen SPF 30** is a sensible thing to do. I've discussed it with my doctor and he approves. We like this product.

Rudi