Other Sunscreens:

Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Goes on smoothly with no residue

Being a sports enthusiast who likes to play in the sun, I had tried many sunscreens, and for one reason or another, they did not meet my needs.  I wanted something that would go on smoothly, leave no residue, did not feel sticky, would last through sweat and playing in the water, and would moisturize my skin.

I finally found it when I bought a tube of Banana Boat Sport Performance Sunscreen with a SPF of 50.  This stuff is invisible when you put it on and lasts almost all day!  Not only does it moisturize my dry skin, it actually does what it promises..it's non-greasy, absorbs quickly, and is water/sweat resistant.

Since starting to use it, I have had no redness or sunburn and can enjoy the outdoors with no worries.  I have naturally oily skin on my face only, so I have to be careful what products I use to avoid breakouts.  I have been able to use the Banana Boat under my makeup without any incidents of breakout or clogged pores.

I only have one suggestion to improve the sunscreen....can they make it with mosquito repellant?  If so, then it would be truly perfect.

Made my skin break out

For a fair-skinned girl like myself, sunscreen is an absolute necessity. Therefore, I have been exposed to many different types of sunscreen brands with plethora of claims. Banana Boat Sport Performance absolutely is an excellent sun-blocker. There is no arguing that. It stays on despite sweating and frequent trips in and out of the ocean to cool down! However, it made my skin break out. I did not put this sunscreen on my face (I have a separate sunscreen for that), I put it on my body! I got tiny pimples on my back and chest which I never get. I thought this was just a fluke but next time I wore the sunscreen it happened again! After that, I stopped using it. My skin is sensitive to new lotions so this may just be an issue with my skin, but be warned! This stuff is thick and leaves a residue on your skin. For the price and quality of protection, it's hard to beat but the pimples were too much for me to handle!

Great Sunscreen for the Active User

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

When it comes to sunscreens, I typically stick to the lotion types. The banana boat sport performance is my typical brand. What I love about this sunscreen is that it lasts long, and it doesn't easily wear off. The formula is made to hold up to sweat, heat, and large amounts of moisture. This is especially beneficial if you're going to be super active, or be in the swimming pool all day. It's also not too abrasive on your skin, so I would recommend it to anyone who has sensitive skin. Overall, I can't really think of too many negatives. It's priced reasonably, and with 50 SPF, will give you all the protection you need (unless you live in an area that just hammers you with sun rays). Great product.

It has a very mild scent which doesn't really smell like anything. I doubt it would even bother the most sensitive of noses.

Absorption
At first it may seem a little greasy, but it absorbs rather quickly, and doesn't wash off easily.

Longevity
You can go hours without reapplying. I've been using it for years when I was out in the sun for long periods of time, and it's done a great job of protecting my skin.

With an SPF of 50, it's effective against most of the sun's damage.

Ease of Application
Easy to put on. Just apply it like any other sunscreen lotion.

• Ease of Application:

Works great for during jet ski rides

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

The Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF sunscreen is our choice of sunscreen while we spend the day on the water riding our jet skis or out tubing the river. This sunscreen has a very light and pleasant scent. One of the things we like most is that it absorbs into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. This sunscreen is really easy to apply by simply rubbing it in the skin. Another great benefit is that the banana boat sport sunscreen is water resistant for approximately 80 minutes. The effectiveness of the sport sunscreen has been great for us. We have found that most sunscreens don't fair very well for us as we ride the jet skis, but this one has never let us down. I would definately recommend this banana boat sport sunscreen to anyone who is doing anything active outside. However I would not suggest this one for small children because they tend to need sunscreen that has a little higher spf protection.

Excellent Sunscreen

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

For the past few years, Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen has been my primary sunscreen, and in my experience, it works great, as it is fairly easy to apply, does an excellent job of protecting my skin against sunburn, and has lasted as long as I have needed it to.

The scent of this sunscreen is not really that noticeable, which is just how I like it with the products I use.

Absorption
Although this sunscreen is a bit goopy and greasy at first, it is absorbed into the skin fairly quickly, without any noticeable oily mess left on the skin.

Longevity
In my experience, this sunscreen is fairly long lasting, protecting my skin while I have been outside on or near the water for several hours at a time. However, I should qualify this by stating that I live in the Seattle area and have only been out in the sun for a couple hours at a time, nor have I gone swimming while using it, so I have not really been in a situation where its longevity may be an issue.

This Banana Boat sunscreen has been highly effective when I have used it, as the areas of skin that I treated with it have not gotten sunburned, but as I stated earlier, I have not exactly pushed this sunscreen to its limits.

Ease of Application
The sunscreen comes as a cream or lotion in a squeeze tube, so sometimes it can be a bit tricky getting the amount one wants out of the tube, and it is a bit watery, so it may spread a little farther than one wants, which can be an issue on the face (and around any sores or cuts, I suppose) and can make it a bit hard to decide whether one has put enough on a particular area of skin. But other than that, applying it is pretty easy and straightforward, as one just has to squirt the right amount into a hand, and then rub it into whatever bit of skin is to be protected, assuming that one has something convenient to wipe one’s hands off on afterwards, as it is a bit oily.

• Ease of Application:

Powerful but not for sensitive skin

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

This Banana Boat Sport formula is one of several we keep in the beach bags and camp backpacks. It's very effective and you could certainly swim or splash around all day and not need to reapply. However it's very thick and needs a serious hot shower with very sudsy lather to remove. This is true of most heavy sunscreens. I however, do not use this on my face as it stings my skin and on the rare occasion I have dabbed my face with it, it left some red blotchiness for hours after it was washed off. My skin, however, is very sensitive. For the body this stuff is powerful.

This has a bit of a fragrance, not much, but I don't find it particularly appealing. Personal taste. I would rather it be fragrance-free, especially as you're applying it to large swaths of the skin.

Absorption
The UVB chemicals must absorb because the product is so effective. However the opaque UVA-blocking components leave a silver-to-white film. I don't mind this. It's visible when the kids come out of the pool so at least I know they still have sunscreen on.

Longevity
This Banana Boat sport version will last all day, even at the beach. It doesn't wash off with plain water. It's a pain to remove every square centime of it in the bath or shower... but it certainly block the rays.

No question it prevents not only burning but even a mild tan for me.

Ease of Application
The formula is rather thick, but that's to be expected. It's still fairly easily spread over the back, legs, and torso (i.e, large swaths of skin)

Works great for me!

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

This is my favorite sunscreen. It's not too expensive, and it works really well for what I need. I'm not too fair-skinned, but I do tend to burn easily. Using this keeps the burn away for sure.

I like the coconut/banana scent of this (and most) sunscreens. Smells like the beach :)

Absorption
This product absorbs really well. I initially put it on about 20 minutes before going out to give it time to start working, and it doesn't feel sticky or slimy like some sunscreens can.

Longevity
For me, this sunscreen lasts for quite a while. If I'm out in full sun or sweating a lot, I will reapply more often, but I can usually make it a few hours before it needs to be reapplied.

I've never burned using this product. It works great for my skin, and I've never had a negative reaction to it at all.

Ease of Application
I very much prefer the lotion to a spray. It's much easier to put on, and it spreads really easily. It's not too thick to get good coverage, and it doesn't feel heavy.

• Ease of Application:

I think this is a good sunscreen!

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

I have been using the Banana Boat Sport Performance sunscreen for a long time and I am always happy with how it performs. I like that it is easy to put on and it doesn't feel greasy at all. I like that this sunscreen is made a little bit thicker, almost more like a lotion, so that it doesn't make a mess and drip out of your hands when you are trying to put it on. I feel totally comfortable using this on myself and my family when we are going to be out in the sun all day because I feel like it does a great job of preventing sunburn. I think the fact that it is sport protection makes it stay on better if you go in the water or if you are outside on a hot, sunny day and you will be sweating. I am never worried that this sunscreen is going to melt off of me or make my skin sticky like some other sunscreens have been known to do. I also like that it has a nice scent that isn't too strong smelling. And if you shower afterwards the sunscreen smell comes right off with soap. I will definitely continue to use this sunscreen and I recommend that others do too!

Only kind I use!

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

This is the only SunScreen that I use! I hate the spray on kids because the coverage is not the same as the rub in kind. This product is a little greasy at first but I don't mind it as I know that I am covered and do not have to worry about burns. I find it is ideal for my kids as well since they love to play out side. we had this product for our 2 week vacation in Disneyworld and came home with no sunburns!

Harsh!

from Linthicum Heights, MD

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

This product broke the skin on both of my children out. I've never had to worry about sunblock sensitivity until I purchased this. Many people I've spoken with have had the exact same problem. I'm not sure what is in this sunblock but it can't be that great for you if it's making my kids break out in hives.

• Ease of Application:

Great Sunscreen for the whole family!

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

My kids break out in a rash from Coopertone but have never had a problem with this product. The whole family uses it and loves it! The only complaint I have is that it is on the thicker side and takes a bit to absorb. Most good sunscreens do seem to be on the thick side though. Great sunscreen overall though!

Banana Boat Sunscreen: Effective UV Protection

from Houston, TX

Comments about Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen:

If you live in a hot, sunny climate like I do, you absolutely must take precautions against the harmful UV rays from the sun. Sunscreen is vital to protect the skin and one effective product we have used is **Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen.**

**Sunscreen Commentary:**

Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen is an effective product that offers good (although not perfect) protection from UV rays. It is a lotion- style sunscreen, which means it has to be manually spread on the exposed areas of the skin. Its texture is non- greasy and it dries into the skin in a short time.

We have very strong sunshine where I live and Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen is a good protector against this problem. This sunscreen, once allowed to absorb itself into the skin, creates a protective layer that doesn’t wash away, even with repeated trips into and out of the swimming pool. This also means that it takes a good, post- swim scrubbing in the shower to remove from the skin, but the protection is worth it.

Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen offers 50 SPF, which isn’t complete coverage but I find it good enough, for most purposes. When you are in and out of a pool throughout the day, you don’t necessarily need better protection. If you are outdoors at, say, a festival for a long period of time, the protection offered here may not be good enough but it is fine for limited sun exposure.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Skin is delicate and the sun can really damage it, especially when your skin is very fair and you live where the sun is strong and bright. Banana Boat Sport Performance 50 SPF Sunscreen offers very good protection from the elements and other than the manual application, it is an effective product and one I recommend.

Nothing special abut the scent

Absorption
Dries onto the skin in a short time

Longevity
Last for a long time- even in water

Protects the skin from most of the sun's harmful rays

Ease of Application
You have to spread it on manually