Other Baby Sunscreens:
PRODUCT RECALLED

Banana Boat Kids UltraMist Sunscreen SPF 85 Continuous Clear Spray

I expected more from SPF 85

from Houston, TX

Comments about Banana Boat Kids UltraMist Sunscreen SPF 85 Continuous Clear Spray:

Living in Houston means almost having to use sunscreen year round for best skin care results.  A recent vacation to Mexico sent me to the store to purchase this years newest sunscreen since of course all of last years needed to be thrown away.  I was so excited to find **Banana Boat Kids Protect and Play SPF 85**. I mean what more could I want?

***What I liked about Banana Boat Kids Protect and Play SPF 85:***

- invisible

- clear mist spray for quick coverage

- very water/sweat resistant

- high UVA protection

- continuous spray

- no strange aroma

***What I didn't like about Banana Boat Kids Protect and Play SPF 85:***

- I put it on - several times and still ended up with a burn on chest and legs

- the girls ended up with a light sun burn on their shoulders even after use and staying in the shade

We applied **Banana Boat Kids Protect and Play SPF 85** to the children and the first day of the cruise it worked fine. The next day we applied it, it was a shady day, we actually worried about rain at first. We still chose a shaded place to play and at the end of the time outdoors the girls had a small reddish area on shoulders.  It faded in a couple of days. On the next occasion it was in anticipation of swimming and was very effective on the children but right now I am experiencing severe burns on my chest and legs. It works, but I really expected more, especially since I put **Banana Boat Kids Protect and Play SPF 85** on every hour I was outdoors.

There wasn't really any scent, which is perfect for when you are outside playing and swimming.

Absorption
Seemed to quickly absorb into our skin.

Longevity
Even with repeated applications, trips to the shade etc. we ended up with some burning. I really expected more.

I thought it would be better coverage though.

Ease of Application
Easy, continuous spray coverage.