View more diaper rash cream

Other Diaper Rash Creams:
Balmex
CHATTEM056762
Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment

Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment

Pros

Cons

Balmex Wipes Out Diaper Rash Quickly

Babies are prone to many different illnesses, ailments, and skin conditions. Many of these are unique to young babies and they disappear once the child gets older. Among the baby skin conditions, diaper rash is the one most commonly experienced and one product that helps eliminate this problem is **Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment with Aloe and Vitamin E**, a zinc oxide diaper rash cream. **Diaper Cream Commentary:** Balmex is a product of the Johnson & Johnson company- one of the world's largest consumer businesses and one of the best- known manufacturers of baby products. Among the many J&J products on the market, Balmex was one that took a little longer than the others to make its way into my shopping cart. The reasons it took longer are because my girls were fortunate enough not to develop a diaper rash for a while and because when a rash did develop, I purchased a different product. After a less than satisfactory experience with that other product, I decided to give Balmex a chance and I haven't used any other product since. One thing I like about this product is the mild scent. There is barely any smell at all and what little there is smells like aloe and herbs. This is much better than other diaper rash ointments on the market; some of which smell like a chemical factory. Balmex avoids that problem. It has just enough scent to make it noticeable but it's so light you won't even notice it once your baby's diaper is in place. What I like best about Balmex is the quality that matters most: Its effectiveness at eliminating diaper rash. Almost every baby has experienced diaper rash, and many have experienced it several times before becoming toilet trained. The red, irritating rash is soothed away quickly and painlessly with Balmex. Even after a single application, a noticeable reduction in redness is detectable. With repeated use, the rash should be gone completely in a matter of one to three days. I have also witnessed this product work its magic for other problems, too, like heat rash on an adult's skin. It makes a good preventative measure also, eliminating the chance that a baby will develop a diaper rash.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, Balmex with Aloe & Vitamin E is a very good product for eliminating diaper rash. It soothes the sore area, moisturizes, protects, and returns skin to its normal, healthy glow in no time; giving little ones some relief from the irritation and giving parents some much needed peace of mind.

Disappointing - didn't work for my baby's diaper rash

At 3 weeks old my baby developed a sever diaper rash (from a combo of formula and breast milk).  Her poor bottom was red and skin was cracked and about to bleed in several spots.  We first tried Balmex (recommended by several friends) for a week and didn't see any improvement, in fact, it seemed to get worse.  Our next step was a more holistic approach, baking powder and swapping out napkins and water instead of wipes so the alcohol in the wipes wouldn't dry out baby's bottom.  Even that didn't work.  Finally we sought medical advice from our pediatrician, and recommended good ole' petroleum jelly.  We immediately tried it and saw results by the next diaper change.  She was totally healed up by 4 days later.  Now when she starts to get some redness down there, we apply Vaseline and it's gone by the next diaper change.

I wouldn't recommend Balmex to anyone, but I admeditely recommend petroleum jelly/Vaseline.  It's safe and effective.

We love this cream for minor rashes or burns

from Odessa, TX

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

I love that Balmex smells nice and is not very expensive at all. I tend to use it for minor burns or very slight diaper rash. It is not the best when it comes to a bad case of diaper rash, it just doesn't work for that. I keep it on hand for minor problems.

If this product is used at the very early onset of a diaper rash, it does fine getting rid of the redness. I have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly it gets rid of the small amount of redness. For bad diaper rash cases, such as those associated with teething, however it just doesn't cut it. The heat from baby's tushie seems to melt it right of the skin if the rash is not extremely minor in nature.

Blamex works after the first use

from Fernley, NV

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

I have been using Blamex Diaper Rash Cream with Zinc Oxide 11.3% for my children for quite some time now.  i have 2 children, ages 6 and 2 months, both have had Blamex for diaper rashes and for the prevention of diaper rashes or chafed skin.  I have used other brands as well-having received them in sample form.  Blamex has thus far been my favorite.  I use the tube during the time that we are home and I purcahse the travel packs and stick them in my diaper bag for times when we are on the go.  I like the it is odorless and that it reduces diaper rash within 1 diaper change.  i also like that it is not as expensive as other brands, such as Desitin or Butt paste, but does an amazing job getting rid of diaper rash.

I follow the directions on the box meticulously, I apply generously after most diaper changes concentrating on night time diapers, since I do not wake up every 2 hours to change diapers, unless necessary.  Works like a charm!

A must have for your diaper bag

from Saint Augustine, FL

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

This is definitely something I have multiple tubes of.  My diaper bag carries two, and I have 2 in my home.  I use it for every diaper change because my children have sensitive skin, so it prevents any unneccessary diaper rashes.  It also has a soothing effect for those times when my children do experience a diaper rash.  I have been an avid user of this product for over ten years and through four children and it has been irreplaceable. I have tried other products, but always come back to my old favorite.  It has a calming immediate effect that soothes my children when they are in pain.  It also is easy to apply and covers very well.  Not a lot is needed because it covers so well, making the tube last longer, becoming an excellent value to a mom of four.  When attending baby showers, or the homes of new parents, I always bring along extra to leave with them.  I would highly recommend this product to everyone.

the only ointment that I would use for my baby

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

I use Balmex for my baby. His little butt is always smooth and clear. If I see that he has a rash somewhere I just put Balmex on and in an hour or less the redness goes away. (I even use it myself, when I have a rash in the summer from pads). It works great. And it's not that expansive !

The only cream

from Perryville, MO

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

I LOVE balmex! I have worked with infants for 7 years and have tried every rash cream on the market. I have never seen another paste work as well as this one! I have had babies with horrible blistery rashes and after 2 diaper changes of applying balmex the rash is always gone. I believe in this product so much that I have bought many tubes to give away to other parents to try. It goes on smoothly which is great since the poor baby is in enough pain from the rash to begin with. It also doesn't burn like some other creams. I have never had a baby scream in pain from applying balmex like they will with the other creams. It also doesn't stink and smell chemically. It is inexpensive but I would still buy it if it was the most expensive cream. It lathers on nice and thick. It is also great at preventing diaper rash. This has a long shelf life and I have never had a tube go bad even from being in a hot car. Buy this product and you will not be disappointed!

The new Balmex is not the same

from Jackson, MS

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

I have an old large tube (4 ounces) which I purchased about a year ago and recently went back to get a new tube and could only find a smaller tube (2 ounces) and the price was the same for the smaller one.  I also noticed the quality was not the same (seemed to have more fragrance) and then noticed the older tube was made by Johnson & Johnson and the new one was by Chattem.  Has anyone else noticed a difference in quality???

Greatest of all diaper rash ointments

from Brandon, MS

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

I love Balmax. I started off using other oinments, and when my daughter started getting diaper rash I remember I had some balmax that someone had given me and I used it because it said that it reduces redness in one change. I was shocked to see that it really did. Now its all I have used in two months and she hasn't had any sign of diaper rash.

This stuff works great!

from Carleton, MI

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

I've tried a few different diaper rash creams and none could even compare to the Balmex.  It reduces reddness in as little as an hour and it was one of the few diaper rash creams that my son did not have a reaction too.  It seemed that some of the other diaper rash creams made the rash works.  But Balmex always worked great!  Highly recommended!

It is one of the BEST diaper rash creams on the market!!!

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

I am a mother of 2 girls and the grandmother of 2.  When my girls were little, Balmex had just come out.  I didn't use it, but with my 2 grands...It was a different storey.  It is one of the best diaper rash products on the market today.  It is also a wonderful preventative.  It has a nice lite scent, and WORKS!!  The barrier it keeps to keep the wettness off the babies is great.  It is just an overall good product.

takes care of the rash

from West Havenwest haven, CT

Comments about Balmex Diaper Rash Ointment:

this is a good quality diaper rash cream.i have used this on my daughter's diaper rashes all the times. and it has worked all the time. it has taken care of the worst kind of rashes. specially when i travel it helps a lot with my daughter's diaper rashes .it is better than desitin.