4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

A Baker's Edge Brownie Pan For Every Kitchen

I do not like gimmicks.  I do like brownies.  And I have gone through a number of 8 X 8 pans and 13 X 9 pans, glass, metal, silcone etc. in the 20 some years I have had my own kitchen. Glass pans just do not yield the chewy texture I like.  The dark metal 8 X 8 pans do give good results IF you use plenty of non-sticky spray and don't overbake for a second.  Metal pans start to look incredibly nasty over time, so there is no chance you will ever bake a pan of brownies for someone and say, "oh just bring the pan back when you are done".  They will throw the brownies AND the pan away and then make new friends with better bakeware.  So the Baker's Edge Brownie Pan came up as a "you might also like" product after I purchased my Chicago Metallic Slice Solutions Brownie Pan, 9-Inch by, 9-Inch by 2-Inch which I absolutely love.  My kids really like the chewy edges, not the burnt crispy even the dog thinks this is too hard edges that come from a standard metal pan.  Given that I make brownies several times a month and I usually make a couple of batches at a time, I bought the Baker's Edge.  I made brownies using both styles of pans and it was unanimous:  my kids love brownies.  All the brownies were eaten.  The Baker's Edge pan delivers those yummy chewy end pieces without sacrificing the moist center.  The pan cleans easily as well.  This pan makes an excellent gift.  My best friend told me not to bother buying her one - I could just bake the brownies for her!

If you like "corner" brownies this pan is for you!

I liked the idea of uniform sized and shaped brownies and the idea of them already being cut for you.  Upon actually using the pan I found that I do not like it because it makes every brownie with four corners.  It is like being stuck with all the corner pieces for eternity.  Most people I know, including myself, prefer middle brownies.  Also, though the already being cut is nice, the brownies tend to stick to the divider and that is difficult. They are hard to get out of the pan and the pan is hard to clean.  Washing the pan is no fun.  The divider is terrible and time consuming to wash by hand and it has too many surfaces and does not clean well in the dish washer either.  This is by far not my favorite pan and honestly I would not even pass it on to someone else because I do not want them to be disappointed in it.  A little on the bright side, I have found that if you bake the brownies in the pan without the divider and then use the divider to cut the cool brownies it actually works pretty well.

Good in theory.

from Kansas

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

Baker's Edge Brownie Pan is a great concept but it doesn't quite perform like I wish it did. I love the edge pieces on brownies. I actually didn't know that was a thing until I started seeing products like this advertised, I thought I was just weird and liked the edge pieces. I had to pick this up right when I saw it.

It's a great idea for those of us who love the edge pieces. The problem is trying to get them out of the pan. Due to the amount of metal and the way it's angled it's hard to maneuver the brownies out. I kind of ended up with a bunch of chunks of brownie. The second time I tried a more delicate way of getting them out but it was still just a hassle. There just isn't enough room in the pan to use a spatula [or a fork, I tried that too] to get the brownies out. It's also kind of hard to clean due to the amount of medal and the small spaces.

I don't recommend this pan. I wish it worked but it's just a hassle really.

Not so great

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

I love brownies. I mean I seriously have an unnatural love for those chocolaty delights. I married a man who also loves them, though not possibly as much as do.
This was the first strange brownie pan I tried (before trying out the Perfect Brownie pan, one of those as seen on TV things).
This seemed like a good idea because I love the corner pieces. I like the crispy edges and when I cut the brownies in a regular pan, I always make sure I get the corners. I guess there are other people in the world who have the same taste in brownies because pans like this with more edges were invented. I was hoping this would be a super cool pan.
In theory it's really cool. In practice? Yeah, not so much. I had a really hard time getting the brownies out. With all the extra metal in there, it was hard to get a spatula to fit right. Also, a lot of the edges that I love so much ended up stuck to the sides which totally defeats the purpose.

A Little Difficult to Use

from Jackson, TN

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

My fiance, daughter, and I all love the edge pieces of brownies and we have tried several different baking pans hoping to find the right one. Unfortunately, we did not like the Baker's Edge Brownie Pan as much as we hoped we would. Before you can place the pan in the oven, you have to make sure that the brownie batter is evenly dispersed around all of the curves and cracks of the pan which took me awhile to do. When I took the brownies out of the oven, we noticed that the pieces near the corner were perfect edge brownies but pieces that came from the middle were just like any other piece. Also, I knew that I could not place this pan into my dishwasher, so I had to clean it by hand myself. After washing the pan, I told myself that I would give it away because I had no intentions of using it again. This pan is incredibly hard to clean because you have to look in each corner to make sure that you have gotten all of the brownie out of the cracks and corners.

Nice pan

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

I bought this Baker's Edge Brownie pan because my husband, my children and myself all like the edge piece brownies when I bake them. With this pan EVERY brownie is an edge piece. This pan works well and delivers what it promises (all brownies are edge pieces), but I am not really overly fond of it. First of all, it is very difficult to wash it (and I absolutely hate washing dishes). It is hard to get in that narrow channel and you have to make sure you get the whole thing clean (bottom and edges). It is easy to over cook it and end up with hard brownies. Once the brownies are done baking, I usually find it difficult to remove the brownies from the pan without tearing them apart. And you have to be careful when you cut the brownies or try to remove them from the pan because it is very easy to scatch these pan I would definitely not buy another one of these. The pan is made of aluminum and seems to be durable enough.

• Doesn't Stick:

Nice, but a pain to wash.

from Williamstown, PA

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

Got this brownie pan for Christmas last year, because my young grandson is always asking for me to bake brownies for him.  This is a nice baking idea, but I found that the separater is a real pain to wash.  You have to get inside everyone of those squares and get all the baked on brownies left on the inside parts.  I have tried soaking it for awhile,but that didn't do much good.

It usually works fine, but on at least one occasion the batter did seep through the bottom.  It is still a nice idea and does work fine, if you don't mind the extra time it takes to clean the parts.

The bakers pan is great

from Holiday, FL

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

The Baker's Edge Brownie Pan is wonderful. I have only used this pan twice and only for brownies. But, I plan on using it much more and for other things. I used this pan to cook box mix brownies and the homemade ones made from scratch. Both brownies were absolutely wonderful! The homemade brownies had chewy edges and fudgy centers. They came out of the pan extremely well, leaving nothing behind. I was amazed that I didn't have to spray the pan first with something to make it non stick.

Even with an ordinary box mix exactly as directed, these were among the best brownies I've ever had. Can't wait to try more brownies and other snacks. I just wish this exact pan, material, craftsmanship, weight, finish were available in all different types of pans. The  pan is heavy and conducts heat well. It cooks evenly through without leaving raw places in the middle. The manufacturer does not suggest washing in the dishwasher. All in all I enjoyed it very much and would recommend it.

Doesn't Stick
comes right out

try better

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

il wayne, Azrie Baijin, Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, All-American Rejects, Katy Perry, Saun Kingston, Rihanna

- Movies:
my ALL TIME FAVORITE is Hidalgo :D

- TV:
Family Guy, South Park, Bones, CSI Miami, House

- Books:
didnt even kno books existed..now that i do FML

- Sports:
soccer

- Dreams:
i wanna be a Traveling Nurse

- Best Features:
My eyes. my left is brown an my right is water blue but sometimes its green

- About Me:
im 16 goin on 17 in december, i love to play soccer, ive gotta nice frame an hour glass shape, flat stomached an naturally abbed, nice ass (ask my exes). im a hip hop dancer. an i kno how to work on a car.

A pan that makes every slice look like it was prepared by a pro

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

I bought the Brownie Edge pan for my granddaughter and she bragged about it so much I decided to give myself a a gift and get one for me, and am  I ever glad I did.  The Brownie Edge Pan is the only brownie pan that adds two chewy edges to every serving. The way the pan is designed improves baking performance by circulation heat evenly to the pan's middle where food typically takes longer to bake. It is so easy to use and the brownies can be cut into nice even professional looking pieces. You simply pour the batter in the pan and allow  the batter to settle evenly throughout the pan.  I used a soft spatula to even out the batter.  Cleanup is a breeze with the nonstick coating and rounded corners. The pan itself is made of a heavy gauge cast aluminum and can withstand heat up to 500 degrees and makes it ideal pan to use for lasagna. The 9X12 size is perfect for box mixes as well as most other recipes. I had seen the pan advertised on TV but had no idea of what I was missing out on.  This is a great gift idea for others but would suggest you buy two and keep one for yourself.

Finally, perfect brownies!

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

After I saw this amazing pan on Oprah's Holiday give away of her "favorite things," I had to get it. It is definitely the coolest pan. My brownies were always crispy on the outside along the edges of the pan I was using and soft in the middle of the pan and therefore, they would not cut right or come out cleanly. There was always a waste. With this pan, they are cooked perfectly and come with nice edges that are slightly crispy with semi-soft centers. I was so happy with this pan that I gave a few of them out for Christmas as gifts and included a package of Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix with it. They were received well. Thanks Oprah and thanks to Baker's Edge for coming up with this great idea. Now I need to get the lasagna pan as well!!

Baker's Edge Brownie Pan is Great for Edge Lovers!

from Auburn, WA

Comments about Baker's Edge Brownie Pan:

My husband surprised me with this for Christmas a few years ago. Before that I didn't know edge brownie pans existed. I have loved this since the first time I used it. The brownies cook wonderfully in it and I love that every piece has at least two edges in it, and the ends have 3. I don't usually grease the pan and the brownies still come out pretty easily. I don't think it's very hard to clean, especially if it soaks for a little while. I love that it's durable and I know it's not going to fall apart easily. It really should last a long time. As I said, I've have mine a couple years and it still looks as good as new. The only thing I can find to complain about is that it's kind of hard to pour the brownie mix into the pan since you have to move in a zigzag pattern while trying to avoid the edges. But I think this would be a problem with any edge brownie pan. Overall I love this brownie pan and think it's a great thing to have if you like the brownie edges.