Other Popcorn Poppers:
Back to Basics
PC17551
Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper

Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper

Old fashioned but worth the effort!!

Comments about Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I love that it makes a huge bowlful! My favorite thing about this popper is that I can make my own version of Kettle corn!
Popcorn made on the stove just tastes so much better than the microwave kind!
It's worth every turn of the crank!!
You might think it takes so much work. But it only takes about 5 minutes to pop a batch from start to finish!

• Settings/Features:

Quick and easy popcorn for movie night!

from Mechanicsburg, PA

Comments about Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I think this is such an easy way to make popcorn, pretty foolproof. The popcorn cooks fast and you'll be surprised with how much popcorn it makes if you use the packages from Back to Basics. It doesn't seem the whole pot will fill, but it does! I didn't give this a five only because sometimes the popcorn doesn't pop to fullness. The flavor is salty and buttery which I like, but it doesn't get super fluffy. This might be me though.

I based a good rating on performance because I continually get good tasting popped popcorn from this kitchen tool! It's easy to use, very convenient, and makes an entire pot of popcorn. It tastes better than the microwave popped popcorn. I definitely prefer this over any bagged popcorn as well.

Settings/Features
No settings to this pot. As long as the heat is turned on to medium and you continue to stir as the corn starts popping, you'll avoid burning it. The turn blade at the bottom works great with the turner at the top of the lid. Keeps the corn moving in the oil to prevent any burning.

Cleaning this is just as easy as cleaning a pot or deep dish pan. The butter from the packets comes off very easily. The top lid part easily disassembles for easier cleaning.

It's pretty simple. Dump the prepackaged corn adn oil into the pot, cover with controlled lid. Start turning as the corn starts to pop. You'll know when it's done when there's so much popcorn it start hitting the lid!

I like the lid of this pot. It's easy to assemble and prevents and specks of flying hot oil from coming out. I gave it a four versus a five only because with time the top starts to warp a little. It still continues to fit just fine and is fully functional, but it fits less and less after a few years. I'm not sure what the life expectancy is, but a few years for a cheap price works for me!

• Settings/Features:

Everyone loves the popcorn I make with this popper!

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

My husband is a bit of a popcorn snob and can't stand the microwave kind. I used to make the popcorn on the stove in a regular pan with a lid the "old-fashioned way". Then my mom found me this Back To Basics stovetop popper and it was so much fun!! We have been using this popper for about 4 years now and I can't make it through a week without it.

The cranking mechanism is easy to use and the butter well is optional and removeable. I usually toss in about 2 tbsp of oil with a half cup of corn and within 5 minutes I have awesome tasting healthy popcorn.

This popper is so easy to use that I can (supervised) let my 7 year old make it for us for movie night. He feels so proud being able to do it and thinks its a lot of fun to turn the crank. This popper makes popcorn fun and easy and doesn't require that I wash the pots from dinner before I make it!

I will say that it is sometimes hard to put the popper back together after we take it apart to wash, but I don't wash it that often because we like the pot "seasoned". We typically just wipe it out with a damp rag in between most uses. It seems like the lid fits so tightly (as it should!) that it makes it hard to get back on sometimes. But then again, maybe there is a trick I am missing that would make it really easy...

I love oil popped popcorn!

from Lawrence, KS

Comments about Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I love to have popcorn with my movies, but air popped just doens't cut it. I seem to burn microwave popcorn more often than not. So, this Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper is such a blessing. I love the flavor of oil popped popcorn; it reminds me of the popcorn mom made when I was a child. However, I cannot find an oil popper like she had. We bought this stovetop popper on a whim, and it was one of the best impulse purchases we have ever made. This is so easy to use and makes great popcorn. You can make a lot of popcorn or just a little bit, depending on what you need. My husband has even figured out how to use this to make a "kettle corn" by adding a little sugar to the oil at the beginning. He has perfected that, although I stick with the simple oil popped popcorn. If you like popcorn, this is a great tool for you!

Like the idea, need tweaking

from Owatonna, MN

Comments about Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

We received this popcorn popper as a Christmas gift for our family. While I love the old fashioned, nostalgic charm of it, it is average at best. The children (ages 11, 7, 4 and 1) want to participate in the making of the popcorn, but this is not an easy task. Most of the time I find I need to do it myself as the cover does night fit tightly. I need to use oven mitts to hold the lid on while I crank the handle. The oven mitts are a necessity as the lid get very hot, which is another concern while little ones are involved. On the other hand, the popcorn turns out yummy. I love the fresh taste and it is fun to add butter and salt to flavor it just right. The only things required to make it is your stove, popcorn kernels and some oil in the bottom. We'd really love this popper if that darn lid stayed in place.

Back to Basics Popcorn Maker makes the best-tasting popcorn.

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

For many years, the only popcorn my family and I ate was the microwaveable kind. I always thought it was way too salty and greasy. Finally, I decided to make the switch to a stovetop popcorn maker, and I'm so glad I did! The Back to Basics popcorn maker is fun and easy to use. Just put a little bit of oil and plain popcorn kernels in the pan, place the lid on top, and heat on the stove while turning the handle. I about three minutes, you'll have a big bowlful of the most delicious popcorn you've ever had! You can use as little as a teaspoon of oil per batch, so it is low in fat, and you can add just the amount of salt that you like - much healthier than the microwave variety! You'll find that most of the kernels pop, so there's less waste, and the cost of plain popcorn is much less expensive than microwave, too. Dress up the popcorn with real melted butter for a special treat, or sprinkle with your favorite flavorings like Parmesan cheese, Italian herbs, or plain salt. Easy to clean, too - just wipe out with a dry paper towel after use.

The Back to Basics stove top popcorn popper is a pain.

from Splendora, TX

Comments about Back to Basics Aluminum Stovetop Popcorn Popper:

I got my Back to Basics stove top popcorn popper for Christmas last year. I like popcorn cooked this way, but the popper is such a pain to use and clean up after. I cannot get the lid off or on without help from my boyfriend. It has to be lined up in such a way that makes it very difficult for a person with upper body disabilities to deal with. I do not like to have to buy the pre-measured containers of oil and popping corn, but it seems that I have to with this product. The material is of poor quality. I have only used it a few times and there are already scratches all over the bottom of the pot part. It is my favorite color, but cannot be displayed in my home if scratched. The built in stirring thing does not work that well either. It only stirs the popcorn that has already been popped. It does not keep it from sticking or burning on the bottom of the pot. One should look into other options before buying this product.