Other Antiseptics & Antibiotic Ointments:
Bacitracin, Firtst Aid Antibiotic Ointment, Usp 1/2 oz

Bacitracin, Firtst Aid Antibiotic Ointment, Usp 1/2 oz

Bacitracin is effective against MRSA.

from Flemingsburg, KY

Comments about Bacitracin, Firtst Aid Antibiotic Ointment, Usp 1/2 oz:

Some studies have shown that Bacitracin is just as effective against MRSA as more expensive prescription antibacterial ointments. I use this almost exclusively for patients in my clinic with lesions that are suspicious for staph and keep it onhand in my household. I always take it with me on trips, also.

Bacitracin is a much better, safer choice than Neosporin

from Atkins, VA

Comments about Bacitracin, Firtst Aid Antibiotic Ointment, Usp 1/2 oz:

Simply put, Bacitracin should be in every medicine cabinet. This is all. I guess I really should elaborate as to why it should...hrm...well, ok, sure. Here we go. Neosporin is evil, and contains multiple types of antibiotic that are very common allergies. Bacitracin, on the other hand, is non-reactive in almost every situation. This is why Bacitracin is used in burn wards, tattoo parlors, and pretty much every other clinical and business institution that might have a use for antibiotic ointment. After all, most places don't want to be sued because the neosporin they rubbed on a boo-boo nearly killed someone. Despite the fact that it has only one antibiotic in it, unlike neosporin which uses three, Bacitracin doesn't usually seem any less effective at the same things neosporin is good at. Namely, preventing scarring and infections. Not only is it safer and gentler on injured tissues, Bacitracin is also much much cheaper than neosporin. A tube will likely only cost a buck in most places. So yes, throw away the neosporin and buy Bacitracin. You don't want to get sued when you rub neosporin on the neighbor's kid's knee after he takes a spill in your driveway and his knee starts to look like its contracted necrotizing fasciitis, now do you?

Bacitracin is a hidden gem ointment!!

from Jersey City, NJ

Comments about Bacitracin, Firtst Aid Antibiotic Ointment, Usp 1/2 oz:

I got this ointment several years ago when I was in a rush for choosing a first aid ointment. The pharmacist recommended this one to me and since I had never heard the name before I thought it would do just an okay job. However, after having used it, I was surprised at how well it worked. I also got it for a good price, unlike other very good first aid ointments which can cost alot of money. Bacitracin is good at healing cuts (both minor and major), burns, and scars. I especially like that it makes scars go away or lessens their appearance. It works even better than neosporin at reducing the likelihood of scars.I believe they have other variations of this ointment now too. I have only tried the original and know that it works best. I always keep it handy just in case because I know it will do a good job at healing. It does not burn upon contact with your cut/scrape/.burn. It is thick and feels like vaseline. I would recommend always having this product on hand for your first aid needs!

Many first aid uses.

from South Bend, IN

Comments about Bacitracin, Firtst Aid Antibiotic Ointment, Usp 1/2 oz:

Bacitracin was fist introduced to me after my son's surgery. I was told by the dr that it is better then neosporin, and I believe it. It leaves smaller scars the neosporin and can be used for tattoos also. This is because it keeps the infection out and allows "natural" healing so the ink can set in the skin.