Other Misc. Personal Cares:

Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief

safe stress relief

from Godley, TX

Comments about Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief:

I am really thankful for Bach's rescue remedy. It is the only stress relief that is natural and safe enough to use while pregnant of nursing. A lot of midwives use Bach's Rescue Remedy even on their patients in labor. Their label does state to "ask a health professional before use" if you are pregnant or breastfeeding so you may want to consult your practitioner rather than just take my word for it. (although if you are seeing an obgyn they will probably be less likely to have heard of it than if you are asking a midwife.)

One of the difficult things about being pregnant is being able to get a good nights sleep. Bach's Rescue Remedy has really helped me out in that area. I take a dose and am out for the night. I also believe that stress is one of the worst things for babies in womb and have used this product when pregnant to keep from stressing out over situations that normally would stress me. (without putting me to sleep)

You can also buy the rescue remedy pastilles which are alcohol free and recommended for pregnant moms.

I imagine that this product would be helpful for anyone with post partum depression as well.

my first dip in the homeopathic pool

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief:

I'm not much into homeopathic stuff, so I guess you could call me sceptic.  I have used this a few times over the past couple of years and I think I have had pretty good success with it.  I will be the first to admit that it may help just to identify that I am stressing out and put a little nasty tasting serum under my tounge, but I will take it!

I tend to have a lot of anxiety surrounding flying with infants and traveling with my in-laws, so those are some of the times that I have used it.  Typically after I take a little I forget to think about whether or not it was working, so I guess that has to count for something, right?

I will say that it isn't magic potion.  I imagine that if you want to notice results you probably will and it you are out to prove it a hoax you probably will also.  I will buy it again once I run out, but I am not really running out to fill my cart full of other homeopathic remedies.  I do plan to try it out on my neurotic maltese next thunderstorm.

Soothing herbal remedy for anxious types!

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief:

Ever since I heard about this product, I was intrigued.  A neighbor of mine used it as a way of helping to calm her anxious pets whenever she was planning on taking them on a plane trip with her.  She mentioned offhandedly that the product could *also* be used by humans and I couldn't help but wonder how it would help me and my easily-frayed nerves.  I've been suffering from anxiety on and off for the last few years and was willing to try almost anything to help take the burden off a little.  I gave this remedy a shot and it really did come through.  The taste is... less than stellar, I will warn you of that - it has a bitter sort of herbal flavor along with a heavy alcohol taste as well - but the effects are usually very quickly felt.  Some days, I felt like I was guzzling the stuff, but unlike some other over-the-counter or prescription anxiety aids, this one is *not* habit forming or dangerous if you take more than the recommended dose.  It tastes like crap, but it works - what more needs to be said?

Bach's Flowering Essence Rescue Remedy

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief:

Two years ago my then 11 year old daughter started having unexplained anxiety attacks.  She would get very nervous and not want to go to school or eat in the cafeteria.  We took her to a therapist but there was nothing to attribute the attacks to. I was reading Vegetarian Times Magazine one day and read an articles about Bach's  Flowering Essence Rescue Remedy. It talked how about it was all natural and helped to reduce anxiety and helped maintain a feeling of calm. The article also went on to state that it was used on newborns who had some stress birth as well as given to pets. After wo doing some research I decided to purchase some for my daughter. It came in both a liquid form where you apply two to three drops to your tongue and also in a spray form. We started with the liquid. She would take it every morning before school. Results were immediate. As soon as she felt anxious she would put the drops on tongue. She was now able to function and get through the day anxiety free.  Two years later she always carries one with her and takes it on an as needed basis.  In addition, my younger daughter needed to have a cavity filled and she was petrified. Her sister let her use her Rescue Remedy and she was able to make it through her dental procedure. Recently when I was at the health food store I saw that Bach's came out with lozenges and purchased those also. When I feel anxious I take one of the lozenges and receive relief of my anxiety. This is an amazing product and I have recommened Bach's to family and friends who have also received relief from their anxiety and also given them restful sleep.

Doesn't live up to the hype.

from New Jersey, NJ

Comments about Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief:

I discovered *Bach Rescue Remedy* by reading animal rescue-related message boards.  Many people recommended using this product to calm down nervous or stressed animals.  I run an animal rescue out of my home, so I was very interested in *Rescue Remedy* and immediately went to the natural foods store to purchase some.

This product is a blend of five different flower essences:

--impatiens: to lower stress and alleviate impatience

--Star of Bethlehem: for shock and trauma

--cherry plum: for courage and trust

--rock rose: for situations of panic and terror

--clematis: for clarity and alertness

It is worth noting that *Rescue Remedy* is 27% alcohol.  You are supposed to use 4 drops of this product and either add it to a glass of water or apply it directly to your tongue.  I tried it in both water and directly into my mouth.  This stuff is has a very strong and unpleasant taste and adding it to water really doesn't improve the situation.  *Rescue Remedy *really doesn't do much for me--it doesn't mellow me out, make me sleepy, or improve my attitude.  I wouldn't recommend it for people who are looking for alternatives to prescription medication.

That being said, I have found this product to be very effective with cats and dogs.  It knocks out my cranky cat when he is exceptionally stressed out by new intakes from the shelter.  It also helps to relax frightened, unsocialized puppies who are afraid of human contact.  Personally, I think the alcohol in *Rescue Remedy *has more to do with their relaxation than the flower essence components.  In any case, this product is effective when you are tryimg to relax cats and dogs.

I wouldn't recommend *Bach Rescue Remedy *for humans but it is a great way to calm (aka "drug") anxious pets.

a constant companion

from Cranston, RI

Comments about Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief:

I have been using this product for years.  Before you say "basketcase" to yourself, understand that this product is immediately effective for such things as anxiety attacks like the ones you get in the dentist's office, the doctor's exam room, academic or employment testing, public speaking, first dates or--heaven forbid--funerals.  Anything which causes stress or upset.  Two sprays on the tongue, and you're serene as can be.  The spray application is fairly new, and most welcome--people think you're using breath spray.  Calms the jitters without making you fuzzy or disoriented, because combinations of flower essences make the formula.  The claim that it's "loaded with alcohol" is sensationalism; alcohol is used in the preparation of tinctures; it is available without the alcohol.  (It's not a problem--I rarely drink).  This is safe for children, adults--anyone--without side effects like the ones you'd have on anti-anxiety medications.  Pure gold.  I'll never be without it.

This is amazing!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief:

This product was recommended to me by my massage therapy instructor.  My husband and I both tried it and have had a positive experience. We have even used Rescue Remedy for our lab when we travel and it helps to calm him down.  This isn't a "cure all" or magical potion that makes everything go away.  It *helps *you alleviate stress:)  There are many other essences available for specific needs.  If you are open to trying new things, I would definately recommend this.

It really works!

from Washingtonville, NY

Comments about Bach Flower Rescue Remedy Stress Relief:

When I first read about Rescue Remedy I didn't believe it. I bought it because of the products claims to be able to calm you. From the first time I used it it really worked! It is also okay for dogs, so before I bring my dog to the vet I give him a little Rescue Remedy and he is much much calmer during the visit and for that it has been a life saver. I highly recommend Rescue Remedy it for those vet visit.