Other Specialty Appliances:
Babycakes
Babycakes Cupcake Maker

Babycakes Cupcake Maker

Makes cupcakes fast!!

I recently got the babycakes cupcake maker and thought it would be a great and easy way to make cupcakes fast and easy, since i was making them all the time at home. The first thing I thought was very strange about this product was that there was no tool included to get the cupcakes out once they are done. I had to come up with something at home the first time I used the machine to get them out. I have noticed that the longer I used the machine it starts to stick. I am very excited that i will be able to use the machine for more then just cupcakes, it also can make pies and biscuts. I haven't tried it yet but i am looking forward to it. The only thing that I wish was that the cupcakes were a little big bigger they make more of little cupcakes then the standard cupcake size.

Messy, but makes ok little cupcakes

I got the Babycakes Cupcake Maker from my Sister as a gift for Christmas this year. I don't love it. I only like it because my kids think it's cool and they get to help make the little cupcakes. It takes forever it seems like because it only does a few at a time and if the kids are putting the batter in you can bet its going to over flow and run down the sides and onto the counter. The cupcakes tasted fine and the kids liked to decorate and it them. The cupcakes are messy without a paper wrapper on them and I would much rather just make cupcakes in the oven and throw the dishes in the dishwasher. I think this is one of those appliances that look cute to give other people for a gift, but I would not buy one for myself. It's kind of a waste of space. If you have little ones that like to help in the kitchen and money that you want to waste then go out and get yourself a Babycakes Cupcake Maker LOL. Otherwise I would not recommend this product.

One of the Greatest Presents I've Ever Received!

from Clarksville, TN

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

My mom sent this to me last Christmas to make cupcakes with my daughter - 7y & son 5y. To be quite honest, they love it but I'm fascinated with it! This is so much better than heating an entire oven for a dozen cupcakes. It makes 8 at a time in about 5-8 mins, depending on batter. For pies it only takes 12-18 mins, depending on filling. It's super easy to clean, just wipe off. Not to mention it comes with an icing bag, 4 decorating tips, and a pie crust tool which gives you so many options. The manual it comes with is filled with recipes not just for cupcakes but, cheesecake, brownies, pies, muffins, scones, appetizers & even icings! See why I said best present ever! We have had so much fun using this. It's cute, mines pink, and is so easy & quick. The things you can make with this you can buy in the store, but they come with preservatives, can't guarantee taste, and are limited. With the cupcake maker you can make your own, save money & decide how it tastes & be as creative as you want. Plus no preservatives!! Definite win win!

This is a really helpful and fun product.

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

I absolutely love this. I got one for my birthday and used it and enjoyed it. It takes a short amount of time to cook. It doesn't burn your cupcakes or anything. I use it for special occasions or just to have some fun. My friends and family loves this product too.

Cute For Kids But The Results Are Iffy

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

While I love my friends and the gifts that they get me for my birthday and Christmas, sometimes they are a complete flop. The BabyCakes Cupcake Maker isn't a bad product but you aren't going to be whipping out gourmet cupcakes or muffins with this. The cavity of each pod inside the machine is unique so you are locked in to buying their liners if you want to avoid having to spray the inside of the machine. In some cases, depending on the type of spray, it could cause scorching or a slightly burnt taste.

Because this is something that can get extremely hot, kids need constant supervision when working with it. You really need to stress that they could get burned if they are goofing around when using this. Even with that said, cupcake themed parties are one of the current fads and having something like this for them to use to make their own treats and then decorate them when they have cooled off makes for a unique experience.

Depending on which model of the BabyCakes Cupcake Maker you get, you could make six to nine cupcakes or muffins per batch. They are larger than mini cupcakes but smaller than standard sized cupcakes. The only time that I drag this out and use it is when I am making a whole sheet cake and want to have a unique design for the vertical sides of the cake. I will make a couple batches of cupcakes in this then allow them to cool completely; using a cake leveler I slide the cupcakes vertically then use frosting or icing to attach them to the side of the cake. From there you can decorate them however you want and have edible mid-sized cupcakes as the border theme.

Fun and makes a good size snack for kids

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

My kids love using this and I like it too. They like to pull out the recipe book and pick something out. There's some good recipes included and lots of yummy looking pictures. Our cupcakes never turn out like the pictures but the kids don't mind. My favorite recipe is for applesauce cupcakes. These don't require any frosting so there's less mess and they are slightly healthier than the other recipes.
The kit includes decorating items. We haven't really gotten into these yet. My kids are small and I don't think they're ready for them yet. I'd like to try them out if I ever make a batch without the kids.
I actually don't think the cupcakes are that small. I'd say they're a good size. They're between the minis and a regular size cupcake. I think it's a perfect size. The kids can have two and think they're really getting away with something, and I can have one and not feel like I'm cheating too much on my diet.
It is messy, but everything is messy with kids.

Quick and Easy

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

I received this item for Christmas and absolutely love it! I thought it would be one of those gimmick items where it gets used a few times then it just collects dust in the back of the cupboard but that hasn't been the case so far. The product is so easy to use and it cooks so quickly. Cupcakes take about 5-8 min. I have also done muffins and brownies in this. I was nervous that the brownies wouldn't turn out because I had run out of cupcake liners and the manual strongly recommends them with brownies because they are so delicate. I found that if I coat the cooking surface with coconut oil they come out with no problem! The only negative thing I would say about this so far is that they made it so that you cant just use standard cupcake liners or mini cupcake liners. You have to get their special liners to fit correctly. I would really like to try cheesecakes in it, but it is also recommended that you use liners for cheesecakes. I have seen that you can even do cookies in them! I would like to see if I can find the right size liners in stores.

a quick & easy way to make cute & tastey cupcakes!

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

This darling, pink counter top cupcake maker is so fun & easy to use! It works just like a waffle iron.

You can cook any regular cupcake or muffin recipe (or even pancakes!) without any changes. Simply fill the wells with batter (you don't even have to let it pre-heat!) & let them cook for five to eight minutes. It cooks up lovely, light cupcakes so quickly & there is no difference in texture versus cupcakes that have been cooked in the oven.

Another added bonus is using the babycakes to make cupcakes is that the cakes don't fall like cupcakes in the oven tend to do. So go ahead and let the kids run around while the cupcakes cooks, no worries!

I also love that it uses so much less power than heating up an oven and letting it run for forty minutes!

Clean up is super easy as well. Simply wipe it down with a damp cloth when you're done cooking. And to keep it even cleaner, you can use cupcake liners while you're baking!

You can also make brownies, cheesecakes & even little pies with the babycakes!

Convenient

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

I really like using the cupcake maker because I don't have to turn on the oven, so I feel like I'm saving energy and I don't have to turn the kitchen into a sauna during the summer. Plus, it's kind of just easier to be able to stand right next to this little cupcake machine, rather than having to open up the oven and pull out the heavy pans, and burn yourself on said heavy pan. It comes with a little recipe booklet, but you can use any recipe that you can put your mind to. Big cupcakes are nice if you want them to feel very gourmet but these little babycakes are nice because they are a little easier and it's way less of a mess to clean up.

quick and easy to use

from Fowler, MI

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

My 9 year old daughter got this as a Christmas present from her aunt. She worked with her 10 year old sister to make the first batch. The came out perfect and delicious. This is a safe easy way for kids or adults to make good cupcakes. I was able to allow her to make cupcakes on her own without having to worry about the over. Kind of a better alternative to the easy bake oven which took so long to warm up and only made one cake at a time. Love it.

Fun to use, bad for your diet

Comments about Babycakes Cupcake Maker:

Love, love using this. Bought it on a whim on sale based on other good reviews. Does a great job using all sorts of batter - brownie, cake, muffin (just follow the directions). Clean up isn't too bad, but using papers makes it much easier. The included recipes are going to make weekend treats much more common. Con - The included recipes are going to make weekend treats much more common! I'm normally not much for cluttering up my cabinets, but I'm making an exception for this one.

Messy, but makes ok little cupcakes