Other Potties:
Models:
058028US, 058026US, 058024US
BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer

BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer

Worth it to not have to empty a reservoir!

My son is two years old, and when he started showing interest in the potty, I was a bit apprehensive and nervous about potty training.  I read a lot of reviews online, and talked to a lot of friends that have been through the potty training process.  I decided that the Baby Bjorn Toilet Trainer would be the best option for our family.  First off, because my husband flat-out REFUSED to empty a reservoir.  And secondly, this trainer looked simple, and wasn't covered with garish cartoon characters.  And I've had good experiences with Baby Bjorn products in the past.  So we got the trainer, tried it out on our toilet, and noticed right away that it didn't fit our seat.  It claims on the Baby Bjorn website that it fits "most standard toilets", which ours is, but it didn't fit.  The "wings" on the bottom were too shallow -- they wouldn't clamp on properly to secure the trainer to the seat.  It was easy enough to fix -- my husband just had to saw the openings wider -- it fits very securely now and doesn't wiggle when my son climbs onto it.  The guard at the front prevents splashing.  And my son is learning to go on a real toilet instead of having to transition to one later.

Simple, Inexpensive, just what you need!

This is a great potty chair, since it was baby bjorn I was expecting the price tag to be much higher. I think it is good quality and comfortable for my son. This chair has support on the back and the sides and a splash guard which make it comfortable and practical. This is also easy to clean and doesn't play distracting music. It also doesn't slide so it is very durable. I like that there is no lid, and the only part that comes out is the bin. Some people may think this is boring because it does not play music and does not have any features. I think this is a good thing because my son can just focus on potty training. This potty chair does not leak which is also a plus.

If you want a great, durable potty chair at a great price, this one is for you! I haven't used any other potty but I think this is the only one we will use in the future. Very big opening means there is no problem aiming for boys and girls.

Perfect for our two year old!

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

Our two year old just started potty training (we have seven kids!) and we're pleased with the BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer. If only they had this thing twenty years ago when we needed it for our older kids! What we like about it is the sturdiness. It's not going to slip and slide on the toilet like some of the trainers we see. The narrower seat cushion is perfect for my son's little booty so that he doesn't have to struggle to hold himself up on the real toilet. I'd recommend it to anyone with young kids!

Great for my son

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

My son is about four years old, and I got him his own potty and he hated it. Eventually I purchased this BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer and he finally began going on the potty! It's durable, sturdy, and he loves it. I love that it's easy to get on the toilet because he can go by himself.

A great first potty seat

from Austin, TX

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

We ordered this for my daughter when she started to potty train at the age of 2. We had previously ordered a couple of other ones similar to the Bjorn model, however, those did not work as efficiently as the bjorn brand. I like the sleek design of the Bjorn. Our toilet is oval shape and this was a concern for me, as the previous ones that I had purchased rocked around the seat and did not stay put. We have had no problems with this model. Also, it fits my daughter perfectly. My only qualm about the Bjorn is that it doesn't come with a potty seat hook like some potty seats have. It has the attachment on the seat itself, where do you hook it onto? It is easy to clean and is very durable. The cost is a bit pricier than other ones, however, why waste your money on something that you will have to toss anyway because it doesn't work? I would recommend this seat to anyone who is potty training on the toilet.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

The idea is great. The problem is that the adjustable dial is too loose. It needs to be adjusted every couple of uses. The company should fix this. Because the adjustable dial loosens, it is not a "pinch proof" seat. I have thrown mine out after my son suffered substantial injury when his penis was caught between the toilet trainer and the seat of the toilet.

Great potty seat

from Wichita, KS

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

I have to admit that when I first started looking for potty seat I couldn't believe the price of this one. I thought I would never buy it; but after reading reviews decided to give it a try. It is totally worth the money. We bought this for my son 4 years ago and have used it for every child. This seat sits perfectly on the potty; there is even an adjustable peice on the botton to fit all seats.

The best thing about it is the pee pee sheild; for those of you with boys; you will need this. When little boys forget to point down this sheild will save your floors.

Easy to use potty seat.

from Laconia, NH

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

This BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer is a decent size, and fits easily to my toilet. The hook on the back makes it easy to hang up; I hang it on my bathroom closet door know for easy access, however I think that it would be nice to hang it on an over the toilet side hook. Once it is on the toilet, it does not slip very much. My only complaint is that the seat itself is very hard, and when my daughter gets up from sitting on it for a small amount of time, her poor bum is red. Overall though, a decent seat.

The best toilet trainer!

from Acworth, GA

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

The Baby Bjorn Toilet Trainer is the best on-top potty seat that I have found. When potty training, I went through three different potty seats, before buying this one. It is a lot more expensive, but is well worth it.

The Baby Bjorn potty seat is made of durable plastic with rubber lining and a convenient hook for storage. We purchased on of the 3M easily removable hooks and hung the potty seat on the side of the toilet while not in use. This potty also has a built in splash guard for boys. The hole is an adequate size without leaving your child feeling like they will fall in. On the underside of this potty, there is a place to adjust it to fit the size of your toilet (a wonderful plus!).

The first potty seat we purchased had a soft cushiony seat, but after several uses, there was a horrid smell coming from the bathroom. it took us a few days to realize that urine was actually trapped inside of the cushion. Yuck! The Baby Bjorn is made up of a durable plastic, so there is nowhere for urine to get trapped!

I highly recommend this product to anyone who is trying to potty train. It is well constructed, convenient and simple, yet effective.

BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer is great.

from Acworth, GA

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer is simply great. I prefer it over a potty chair because the BabyBjorn toilet trainer is much easier to clean. Plus, it doesn't take up as much space in the bathroom as a potty chair. The BabyBjorn toilet trainer is sturdy and doesn't slide around on the toilet seat since it is adjustabe. My little boy felt secure sitting on it. It is easy to use. My little boy could put it on the toilet seat himself with no problem. I like the shape of the seat especially the elevation in the front to block any pee that might otherwise escape the toilet. It was an easy transition from using the BabyBjorn seat cover to using the toilet without a seat cover. Although it is easy to transport the toilet trainer within my home, it is too bulky to take anywhere else. It does have a loop that can be used for hanging. Compared to other toilet trainers, the Baby Bjorn is more expensive but it is better quality and looks alot nicer. I plan on using it again for my next child.

BabyBjorn's Toliet Trainer is the PERFECT fit for potty training

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

I just started potty training with my daughter.  I decided to go with the potty seat, instead of having to clean up a potty chair.  In researching potty seats online, I came across the BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer.  I am so glad we selected this potty seat.  It fits on our toilet perfectly. It is adjustable so you should have a nice, snug fit on any toilet.  It fits snug and does not leak, which is a common problem I have noticed in reading reviews of other brands.  It is very sturdy and seems to be made of real quality plastic.  It is the perfect size for my daughter.  I selected the pink model, which is so bright and girly.  My daughter absolutley loves it and was so excited when the box arrived.  I like the fact that it is easily removable and can be hung from the handle when not in use.  It is lightweight so my daughter can put it on the toilet by herself and hang it up when she is finished.  It was a bit more expensive than some other products available, but I am so pleased with the quality of the product that I do believe it to be worth every penny.  Overall, I am  very please with our BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer and would highly recommend it to anyone beginning potty training.

Potty training must have, for boys or girls!!

from High Ridge, MO

Comments about BabyBjorn Toilet Trainer:

We have been through numerous potty chairs, potty seats, etc with our children, each one causing unique problems.  Having boys, you will need a seat that includes a guard to avoid surprising messes while in the midst of training.  This is all well and good, but it has been our unfortunate experience that the guards that come with most seats is removable.  That means they often fall into the toilet, of they get pulled off and tossed aside, etc.  And with each time that it gets removed, it goes in and out easier, thus making it that much more likely to fall into the toilet.  As amused as your little one may be, it is not fun to go fishing for the potty guard in the toilet.

When we saw this seat in the store, I was intrigued first by its molded "guard" that is actually a part of the seat.  Boy or girl, it stays put.  This seat also has an adjustable dial for a snug, sturdy fit on the toilet, which is critical.  If the seat is unstable, it will likely spook the child who will then not care to use the potty at all.

Definitely worth the money, and is reusable child to child.