4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Love It!

I had heard good things about the Baby Bjorn baby carriers, and a friend of mine specifically recommended the Baby Bjorn Active carrier because it has better back support than the original carrier.  I decided to splurge and purchase the Baby Bjorn Active carrier, and I am very glad I did.  I absolutely love it.  I purchased it when my daughter was about two months old, and I began using it immediately.  I found it to be extremely easy to use, and I had no problems getting my daughter into it and out of it by myself with no help.  It worked great for quick trips into the store, especially since I had had a c-section so it was too difficult for me to carry my daughter around in her infant car seat.  I used it every time I went into a store until my daughter was old enough to sit up in a shopping cart on her own.  My daughter loved being in the carrier, both facing toward me and facing out.  I love how easy it is to take on and off quickly, and I have never had any issues with the carrier bothering my back.  I even used the carrier when my daughter was 15 months old, and it still worked great for me.  I would definitely recommend this carrier to others.

Not my first choice

I've tried several different kinds of baby carriers: the wrap, the off-brand bjorn knock-off, the bjorn active, and the ergobaby. In my opinion, the bjorn active is my number two choice, but it is still leaps and bounds behind the ergobaby.

As far as how it feels on you, it definitely spreads the weight out evenly on your back, and when you have it cinched super tight, it works pretty well. You will still feel pain after a while, though. And it has absolutely no waist support, which is silly because adults are designed to carry things on their hips, not their backs. Also, with all that padding and strapping on your back, it can get a little hot and uncomfortable.

My baby loves being carried, so she had no problem being in this carrier, and she had an excellent view of the world. When she was awake and active, she loved being able to look out. And there's that piece of fabric right up against her face that she sucked on endlessly (we quickly learned to tuck a bib/burp cloth there). But when she wanted to go to sleep, she just looked sad, and I felt bad for her....there's no comfortable way for her to sleep in this carrier.

The bjorn active will only hold a baby up to I think 20something pounds (the ergo holds up to 40), but that's just as well because when your baby figures out how to grab things, this carrier's usefulness runs out. You can't do work in the kitchen because your baby will be able to grab things better than you can, and you can't take her to the grocery store because the two of you will be constantly knocking things from the shelves.

Plus, there's always that looming question as to whether the positioning of this carrier is good for your baby's spine....a question that, in my opinion, has not been answered satisfactorily.

If you end up buying this, you probably won't regret it, especially if you're like a lot of the other budget-conscious moms I know who just need a carrier for the every-so-often and think, "it's okay if it hurts a little as long as I have some time handsfree" moms. I guarantee you'll use it a little bit and then you'll forget about it and go back to that cumbersome carseat/carrier.

Spend a little extra money and buy the ergobaby! I promise you will get much, much more use out of it because you'll *want* to use it!

Not a fan of this BabyBjorn Carrier

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

Not a fan of this BabyBjorn Carrier. I bought this for my fourth baby hoping that it would help me be more hands free and still keep baby close to me. I found that after 30 minutes or so I was ready to take it off. The straps simply became uncomfortable. There were other BabyBjorn carriers on the market but I bought this was one because it was the most cost effective. However, in retrospect, the more expensive carrier might have been a better option. My son is now eight months old and I have used this carrier about 5 or 6 times. I did like that the snaps were easy to use and I could get him in and out of the carrier without difficulty. I liked the fact that I was able to use the carrier as soon as I brought him home from the hospital. This was the main reason I purchased the carrier because I wanted something that I could use right away. I think some of the more expensive carriers would have provided more comfort and would have been a better option for long term use.

Sturdy and comfortable

from Lindenhurst, NY

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

This is a good product for it's intended use. However, it does take some practice and for me, another person, to get it on correctly- and to secure the baby. There are a lot of straps, buckles, and adjustments. Once it was on, though, I felt like the baby was secure and reasonably comfortable. If you are using this carrier for a very young infant, you do have to be careful with the leg openings. It was surprisingly comfortable for me as well. It costs quite a bit more than some other brands and I can't say that it is that much better than the cheaper brands. Seemed fashionable without being obnoxious. It was also rather "gender neutral" so my husband did not mind wearing it from time to time. It did hold up well after many uses and I was able to pass it on to a friend for her baby.

• Parents' Comfort:

Love it! Best baby carrier I have found!

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

I love the Baby Bjorn Active Carrier! I have tried a lot of other carriers (slings, wraps, Baby Bjorn Original) and this is by far the most comfortable (for me and for baby!). The extra padding on the straps really do make a difference - the Original doesn't have this, and they hurt after just a few minutes. I have worn this carrier for hours without much strain on my shoulders and back. My baby feels very secure in here, and she loves to be close to me. The only problem I have with it is that the black color shows baby stains pretty well, and I have not found an easy way to wash it.

• Parents' Comfort:

BabyBjorn lets moms be more active

from Nashua, NH

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active is a really convenient way to carry your baby and keep him or her close to you.  I had tried several different carriers before this one and was not happy with any of them.  A couple of them looked very similar to the BabyBjorn but getting the baby in and out was a completely different story.  I found it very difficult to put my baby in a generic one and one day I saw a mom putting her baby in a BabyBjorn and couldn't believe how quickly she was able to do it.  I purchased the basic BabyBjorn and was thrilled with how easy it was to put my baby in and out of it.  I felt my baby was very secure in it and my hands were free to get some other things done while keeping my baby close.  Because of back problems, I switched to the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active and found that this gave me better support making it even more comfortable to use.  I would highly recommend the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Active to anyone with a baby who needs a system that's easy to use, keeps your baby close where you can see him or her, and allows you to have your hands free.

• Parents' Comfort:

the active babybjorn is downright awesome!

from Denver, CO

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

When I knew I was having my second child, I knew I would need some sort of hands-free carrier to carry the baby around while I was out and about with both kids. I received this as a baby shower gift and was thrilled. As a teeny newborn, my baby hated it. Until she could hold her head up it didn't work out for her. After that though, she LOVED it. I loved it. She is a big girl, weighing about 20 lbs. When she's strapped in, she doesn't seem heavy at all. Once you get the hang of how to strap the bjorn on yourself and get the baby in it, it's a cinch. I love it. It's perfect for those moms who need their hands (come on, who doesn't?). I love it when I'm at the grocery store--my big girl can sit in the shopping cart and my baby can be in the bjorn. It's fantastic for walks--I can hold my big girl's hand and even carry her if needed while the baby is in the bjorn. It's totally awesome. Well worth its price. I will be holding on to this and using it for the next baby!

Parents' Comfort
As comfortable as could be with a child strapped to your chest.

• Parents' Comfort:

The best baby carrier ever!!!!!

from Falls Church, VA

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

The babybjorn 026166US baby carrier is one of the best baby carrier I have ever seen in my entire life and it is really good for infants and parents. The style of the babybjorn 026166US baby carrier is great but that is because I love the color blue and any other shades of it. The babybjorn 026166US baby carrier is easy to use and easy to adjust to the parent. Also, the baybjorn 026166US baby carrier is really comfortable for the baby which allows him or her to be on it for a long time plus it comfortable for the parent too because their shoulders do not hurt for a long while which is great. The babybjorn 026166US baby carrier is safe for infants which is great because parents do not have worry about their children falling off the baybjorn 026166US baby carrier and getting hurt or even worse dying. I think the babybjorn 026166US baby carrier is perfect for parents and their children so they should buy.

A good baby carrier

from Red Oak, TX

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

I do really like this baby carrier. I think that it is a very good value for the money that you put inot it. I do think that there are more expensive styles of this brand that might offer more. But this carrier has everything that you really need out of this type of product. First of all it offers a stylish look. Some carriers are so babyish that you feel kind of funny wearing it. My husband really felt weird wearing the ones with baby patterns on it. So this is a good look for male and female. It is also very comfortable. I have had a carrier that the strap kind of cut into your shoulder making it very uncomfortable. this one feels very natural to wear. It is also lightweight. Therefore it does not overwhelm you with heat and a sweaty feeling. My baby sits very comfortably in this carrier. He is happy to be in there for quite some time. I have even worn it around the house to do chores in when I was desperate to get something done and he wouldn't let me put him down. So all in all I highly recomend this product to mom's and dad's.

Not the best for portly babies

from Mascoutah, IL

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

This was good for the first couple of weeks, but my baby was 9 pounds 7 ounces and this didnt last long.  My babies legs were quite chunky and this sqeezed his legs and made him pretty uncomfortable so I wasnt able to use it that long. Where the legs are it doesnt stretch, so when I pulled him out his legs had marks and were red from his legs  being squeezed.  If they made these for chunkier babies it would be a god send.  They are wonderful, it leaves you two hands while keeping your baby safe and close to your stomach. The back is supportive and kept his head from falling back while walking or moving around.  I loved having the two hands to go about and run my daily errands. If you have a skinny baby I would highly recommend one of these.  I just wish there was a option for bigger babies.  If your baby is bigger I would just watch for signs of him or her being uncomfortable and where the legs come out that it doesnt pinch or squeeze.

Great hands-free carrier!

from Gibsonia, PA

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

I received this carrier as a gift. I used it on my daughter when she was 3-6 months old. It was a great way for me to be able to get my outdoor tasks done while spending time with my child.

It is so simple to use. I was able to get her in and out of it without help. I was able to garden, play with the family dog, and clean while my daughter had the ability to enjoy the world around her. You can either have the child face forward or backward. It is a very versitile and durable carrier. The leg holes are adjustable. The carrier top can fold down when the baby's head is stable enough. It came in a huge variety of colors as well. It was nice to not be stuck with the typical black/beige carrier.

I would recommend this for any parent who is active and doesn't like to be stuck indoors or ties down. It is a great tool for multitasking! I have even used it indoors to accomplish laundry, dish washing, and vacuuming.

Great product and worth every penny!

The Babybjorn 026166Us Baby Carrier is the best carrier I've had

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about BabyBjorn Active Baby Carrier:

**I had the pleasure of using the Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier for my fourth child.  I can not tell you enough how pleasurable the experience was.  I ahve used other carriers in the passed and therefor have experience to compare it to.  This carrier was very comfortable on my back, and shoulders.  Since I have a bad back I really enjoyed being able to carry my daughter close to me as I walked to the store.  We did not have a car at the time and had to walk for at least 45 min. to get to the grocery store and I was comfortable enough to carry her , not only did it help the bond with her it helped me feel like I had freedom.  I could go anywhere any time and my back did not get tired, because of the criss cross straps and the width of the straps.  It was like wearing a professional backpack, only it was in the front and had a precious package in it.  Thank you for your attentiveness to what a body needs, and a parent child bonding time means.**