3.9
Baby Trend
Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller

Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller

3.9

Baby Trend Double Stoller and Sit and Stand need I say more!

The Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller - Sonic is pretty awesome! I wanted to get a sit and stand stroller because our second child and third were supposed to be closer together in age. When I started doing my research I did not think that number 2 would be able to sit on that little bench. Around this time I also started watching my sister's newborn. Well let me tell you logistically it is very hard to carry a newborn and a 9 month old when you are taking your 4 year old into school and you have to sign her in! I immediately started looking at double strollers. With double strollers I have seen I do not like how the baby carrier is in the front seat. It may just be a quirky thing, but I like the baby in the back where I would have quicker access. Enter the Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller - Sonic. Since this bad boy here appears to be for twins you can clip the carrier into the back as well. Perfect! When you no longer need the back you can take it off and it converts to a Sit 'n Stand as well. When we take it places the 4 year old does not like the sit and stand, she likes the whole seat, but you still have the option. The seats seem to be wider than other strollers, a big plus for my chunkers. : ) However, there are a few draw backs I have found. Most of them I was well aware of from reading other reviews, the stroller is huge (I think it actually folds down pretty small considering what it is), the under basket is a little hard to get to (mainly when the big one is in the seat, not when she is in the sit and stand position.) The shade on the front seat is kind of small. I wish it was a little bigger and a little less movable. The thing that I discovered is that it is not for offroading (small curb to grass and what not.) I mean it's doable but if one of the wheels twists the opposite way you are coming to an abrupt halt. (The single strollers I have had just give a little resistance and then straighten out.) I still love it though!

Worked well enough, but too big and bulky for me.

I got this stroller when my second was born. I was surprised that It did not easily convert from a double seat to the stand/jumpseat. I thought I would be able to convert it while we were out and about, but instead once I had picked a position it had to stay that way for awhile because I always had to get the manual out to convert it. I put the infant car seat on the front seat using the attachment bar. This made it really long and a little awkward. I sometimes felt like I wouldn't be able to protect my baby from being bumped and such because he was four feet in front of me. I found it difficult to get on standard size elevators because of the length. It ran really well on even surfaces, but it was very hard to turn. You had to "swing it wide" making it hard weaving in and out of clothing racks. My two year old really liked riding in it in the stand/jumpseat position. I was dissapointed that the back seat has very little leg room and no lap tray. My two-year-old seemed too big to ride in it as a seat. It also had a very roomy storage compart, but it was almost impossible to get an averaged sized bag into it making it fairly useless. I ended up selling mine after 9 months and getting a smaller 3-wheeled double stroller.

Great for newborn & toddler!

from Canfield, OH

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

This was perfect for me. Had a newborn and a 5 year old. She was too "old" for a baby seat & loves to stand or sit on the back by mom. I was able to hook the infant carrier to the front and it was easy to remove and covert into a regular stroller seat.

• Safety:
  • Child Comfort:
  • Maneuverability:

Worked well enough, but too big and bulky for me.

from Burnsville, MN

I would NOT purchase Baby Trend's Sit-n-Stand Double again

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

We were given this as a gift after our third child in three years was born.  Within a couple months, our middle child broke the visor on the front off its hinge :/  Aside from that durability issue, the stroller has held up well.  As a mother of young children, though, there are some features that I would like to have had.

First of all, the visors over each of the seats are shallow and do not provide much coverage for sunny days.

Second, neither seat fully (or even close to fully) recline, so if you had a small child that wants to sleep, the have to do it practically sitting up.

Third, while it does say it fits two infant car seats, I am not sure how that works logistically.  I would not put my infant seat on the front seat because it doesn't feel secure enough.  I could see one of my older kids leaning on it and pulling it off without any trouble.  So I always put my infant car seat in the back which means I can't use the "sit-n-stand" feature for my older kids.

Great double stroller

from Palm Harbor, FL

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

When I found out I was pregnant for the second time, I knew it was time to invest in a double stroller. My daughter was never interested in riding in the stroller as a baby, but I had a feeling that once she saw the baby in the stroller she would want to ride too.

The Baby Trend Sit and Stand Double is the best double stroller out there. It's easy to push, fits great through doors and other narrow spaces. And, best of all, the back seat snaps off so that your older child can, well, sit or stand and feel like a big kid. It's super easy to snap the seat on and off.

There are a variety of patterns to choose from, and the stroller accomodates 2 infant carriers.

The only drawback I can think of is that it is a little bulky and a little on the heavy side. But I think that's kind of expected in a double stroller. It fits easily into the back of our SUV as well as in the trunk of our sedan.

All in all, a GREAT double stroller!

Baby Trend sit N stand is durable for a who likes walks

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

I bought this just after I had my second child and have used this thing almost every day!!   I walk EVERYWHERE so i needed a stroller to stand up to all the use it would get.    I love it!   I did give it 4 stars instead of 5 because the sun shade on the first seat broke right after I put it on and now won't come off.   The foot rest also did not want to stay on.   My daughter's 3 now and would much rather walk with me than sit in a stroller so I really only need one seat.  When I'm trying to get somewhere I feel better knowing I have another seat she can just sit in once she gets tired.  I have fit 4 children on this once tho and it worked out. (Not that I would recommend that to anyone but I had no other choice at the time)  The bottom basket is very durable and I have put many pounds of groceries down there and it still looks good.  It doesn't fit to well in my trunk tho it is a little bulky.  I would have prefered something a little smaller so I wouldnt have to put it in the seat next to me instead of the trunk. I feel like I have definitly have gotten my money's worth.

Peforms well, allowing 2 carriers or children ride comfortably

from Lewisville, TX

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

I am a mom of two little ones.  A 3 year old, who still loves sitting and laying back in her stroller and a newborn.  I debated buying a double stroller at all, because of the bulkiness, but since I love to get out and shop and do things I needed something to hold 2 children.  I like the smaller size of the Jovy sit & stand, but wasn't sure how my daughter would like sitting or standing on that bench for several hours shopping or at the zoo.  That was the biggest reason I bought this stroller.  I tested it beforehand and my Graco infant carrier fit fine in both the front & back seat, allowing my older daughter to sit in front and see things.  It does make it a little harder to push when her weight is in the front though.  Once learning how to unlatch, the stroller is easy to set up and go.  It is big & bulky so plan on it taking most of your trunk.  The basket underneath is not easy to get into, so a diaper bag with stroller straps is a must!  It pushes great in the mall and on smooth surfurces.  I used it all day at the zoo and did fine.  We take walks with down the sidewalk and have had no problems with it.  I definitely would recommend it if you have twins or 2 children who 1 of whom is in an infant carrier and another one that wants to sit in a seat.

Great stroller!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

I have two children under two and have found the Sit N Stand Double stroller a neccessity that I use daily!  I love that I can put the baby in either position since it will take two Babytrend car seats.  The basket is fairly small, but it is large enough that I can remove the backseat while we are out and store it in the basket while my toddler stands.  The rear seat is easy to remove and replace.  It is lightweight compared to other double strollers and it goes well across grass, unlike comparable strollers.  It folds with one hand and stands up when folded.  It takes up just as much space as my single stroller when they are both folded up.  It folds smaller than other double strollers and fits in the trunk of a small car.  I've put it in a Corolla and a Civic and it fits just fine.  I would highly recommend this stroller to anyone with twins or with young children close in age.  It is also very affordable.

Sit'n Stand Double Stroller 3 Stars

from Hillsborough, NH

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

I would recommend this stroller for indivduals who have a toddler and a baby. The car seat easily fits in place and is close by to where you are pushing to easily check in on baby. The visor has an opening that is screened so that you can look in but the bugs will not go through. This section also turns into the standing part as your toddler gets older and wants to stand insead of bing strapped in. I have a few problems with this stroller. For one, I wish the front seats bottom was a little longer so that my child would be more comfortable strapped in. My second problem is that the stroller is hard to turn and awkward in small stores when shopping. Also I wish the visors were a little longer to potect from sun. I do like how there is plenty of room to store bags when shopping or for the diaper bag and blankets.

Does it all! - Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller

from Chardon, OH

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

This is my second Baby Trend Stroller. I have been VERY pleased with both. For this stroller, I was looking for specific features: must accomodate an infant carrier and toddler with toddler being able to sit up FRONT for their 'viewing pleasure.' (Who wants to look at the back of a carrier!) Must convert to toddler sit and stand while holding my younger when out of carrier. This stroller allows for all of that AND can also carry two carriers if you need it. This stroller does it all!! It is easy to push and easy to collapse; it has storage and cup holders. The only drawback is that seats don't recline all the way down. But this stroller will keep your needs met for several years since it is so diverse in it's different capabilities.

works just okay

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand Double Stroller:

we have a 1 year old son and a 4 year old daughter and when we bought this our 1 year old was still an infant, but able to sit upright in a stroller, so we decided to go for the double stroller and see how it works out. well, at first it was great, very convenient, i would put the baby in the back and our daughter in the front and it was fine and it was actually not so bad in the stores because it was narrow, unlike the side-by-side double strollers so it would fit between aisles. however, as both my children got a little older, and bigger, it got harder to push around and the wheels tend to vear to the right, very frustrating, felt like i was pushing a broken grocery cart, and a heavy one at that. my trips to the mall were no less than a back-breaking workout. it works better with our son in the front (less weight) and daughter in the back, as it's easy to turn corners with, but i still feel like the wheels are flimsy and prefer those big bike wheels on the side-by-side strollers. also, the canopy's don't cover enough.