4.1
Baby Trend High Chair

Baby Trend High Chair

4.1

Perfect

This high chair was given to me as a gift from a friend. I have throughly enjoyed it over the last couple of years and still using it!

After having my first...Read complete review

After having my first born-child, I had purchased a high chair that went onto a chair. This ended up being more of a hassle. My friend gave me this high chair when she was done using it, and it was perfect. It folds up for easy storage, I love that you can recline the seat or adjust the height. Being able to adjust the height allows me to put snacks out on the tray for my daughter to come by and grab without making a mess on the floor! The little bar that comes up in the bottom center section helps keep my daughter in the seat even when she thinks she is done.

My favorite feature is the tray that clips onto the main tray part. It fits right into the dishwasher and is easy to clean up. It is perfect for when I babysit and feed two kids, one right after the other. I would recommend this high chair to all, it is durable and safe, not to mention easy to cleanup!

Impossible to clean

We picked this high chair before my son was born because it got great ratings from Consumer Reports. That high rating was what persuaded us to buy it over all the other high chairs that I had researched and read about. I am very displeased with this high chair and my experience with the company in trying to get another cover. The cover is cloth and is supposed to be DRY CLEANED ONLY because it has a piece of cardboard in foot. I have machine washed it & it seems to do just fine. But when I was trying to get another cover online, I was just told to order it through their website when there was no option to do that & the woman I was dealing with was not helpful in the slightest. It is not easy to clean, there are cracks & crevices in the trays so food gets in and it's impossible to get it out.

There are a few good things about it, you can move the high chair up & down, it has a harness and it's pretty compact. But overall I would not recommend this chair.

Easily foldable/adjustable high chair for 1-2 year olds

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

I purchased this high chair for my little girl, and was skeptical because of the price difference. It was much cheaper than other brands, but I have to say worked just as well. It is a wonderful product that lasted her easily until she started joining us a the table. It is compact, and adjusts easily to the your child's needs. My only downside is that the seat cover can be hard to take off and wash because the straps are extremely difficult to remove and replace.

Sturdiness
It is very sturdy and not wobbly at all. Very safe for a wiggly little one.

You cant beat it for the price. It lasted my child and has been passed onto a friend.

Great unisex design.

Safety
Seems very safe. I never had any concerns with this high chair.

The tray is bulky and does not easily fit in sinks or dishwashers, but it can be done. The cover is hard to replace because the straps have to be removed too, and are dang near impossible to put back on. We had to use a wire coat hanger to get leverage to pull them back through the plastic clasps.

• Sturdiness:
  • Safety:

Works well on a budget!

from Fresno, CA

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

This is a great little chair if you are on a budget, it raises and lowers to fit at the table without the tray, and it works well for my 2 year old to give her a boost or my 7 month old when I need to feed or keep her amused, the tray is big enough for activities and has an insert for feeding.

Sturdiness
not as sturdy as some, but much sturdier than the portable ones

I have had this one for over a year, used it for my 2 yr old and now for my 7 month old (2 almost 3 yr old still uses it from time to time.

Not as fancy as some, but you get what you pay for, the usefulness makes it well worth it.

Safety
having this for as long as I have and so far, not an issue, no accidents or injuries.

the little notches where the insert clicks in are a little more work to clean, but the cover comes off and washes like a dream!!

• Sturdiness:
  • Safety:

This Baby Trend High Chair, Skylar is great

from Milo, IA

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

I bought this Baby Trend High Chair, Shylar for my grandson for christmas and gave it to them early and we love it. The bay fits so well in it and doesnt come down in it or anything he really does do good in there. I love the way the chair goes up and down and how it fits to whatever my daughter wants for a height. It is easy to clean up too and they can take the cover right off so that they can take it off and put it in the washer and get it nice and clean and put it back on without a problem. The lid comes off real nice too and you can wash it in the dishwasher or just in the sink. I had one for my kids when they were younger but they were not this nice and so easy to be able to clean and it can fold up to a very small peice and fit right in the corner. That also helps since they live in such a small house and need the room for other things they can just make the high chair small and when she wants to feed to baby just get it out again.

The baby trend high chair is awesome!

from Ottawa, IL

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

I got this chair for my son because it was cheap, little did I know, it was so amazing! A try i can take off of the real tray so I don't have to wash it EVERY time he uses it, a wonderful idea! He loves to sit in it to eat, it's comfy and he will be able to use it for a while!! He is one now, I think he could still fit into in another year! I love that it moves up and down and that you can fold it to fit in in small spaces! A VERRY good deal!

So comfy my son actually napped in this chair!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

I bought the Baby Trend High hair in the Palm Tree print four and a half years ago when my daughter was born and have used it virtually every day since.

**What I like:**

It is a very neutral and attractive design that would look great in almost any kitchen, but particularly works well in mine, since we have a palm tree theme.

It has an adjustable, reclining seat so I was able to use this from infancy on up through toddler-hood. And the seat is very comfortable...just ask my son who used to refused to nap anywhere but would fall right asleep when I put him in this highchair and reclined it. lol

It has a removable tray which comes with an additional pop-off tray.  This extra pop on/off tray has made it so easy to clean up after ky kids, especially once they reached the self-feeding age.

The seat cushion is easily removable for cleaning and has held up remarkably well after years of washing it on gentle in the washing machine and hanging to dry.  Mine honestly looks almost brand new and it has been through a lot!

**What I don't like:**

The tray is difficult to put back on because of the design.  You have to squeeze a lever in the middle of the tray, underneath it, and still somehow manage to line this up correctly to get the tray back on.  It is very tricky. I often feel like I need a third hand to do it.

The "folding" feature is a bit of a joke.  The high chair supposedly folds for storage, but honestly it just brings the legs in maybe 5 inches or so, doesn't really make a difference much at all and is not really a space saver.

**All in all I have enjoyed this high chair and would definitely recommend it to a friend.**

Very Manueverable High Chair

from Del Rio, TX

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

My parent-in-law bought this Baby Trend high chair for us and we have been using for over a month now with only one complaint, the removable chair covering takes a while to dry! Other than that, I really like it! Before we recieved this high chair, we were using a bumbo and tray for meal time. That worked out great until she started trying to get out!

My favorite aspect of this high chair is it can be moved anywhere with ease and also has lockable wheels when you want it to stay put. My daughter has so much energy and loves bouncing now and when locked the highchair doesn't budge no matter what she does! Also, when I put her in it next to the table with us to eat and then get up to clean or anything else,I can unlock the wheels and take her with me!

My second favorite aspect is the removable tray! If I don't have time to clean the tray before the next meal, I just pop the removable tray off and feed her using the outside tray!

This highchair is great for a basic highchair!

from Pearland, TX

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

The highchair that I have is the Baby Trend highchair in the Gabriella pattern. For a basic, cheap highchair, it works very well. The fabric is easy to clean - machine washable. The chair itself seems to be pretty comfortable and the pattern is very cute. The chair reclines which is a very necessary feature. The construction of the chair does not seem to be of the highest quality, but it has worked so far for us. The base of the chair rolls with ease. The base is very wide which makes it a bit bulky and difficult to move around too much. The tray is easy to clean - it can be put in the dishwasher if needed. It has a top removable tray and the main part of the tray. Both are very easy to clean. Putting it together was not the easiest task, but my father was able to get it together in about 30 minutes. The straps do not seem to be the most secure things, but so far our daughter has not been able to escape. =)

great versitile high chair

from Orem, UT

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

We didn't end up getting a highchair for our baby until he was starting solids around 7-8 months. Although I usually read reviews and do research online before buying, I didn't this time, but thankfully ended up with a great high chair anyway! There were a couple of things that impressed me at the store about this high chair- namely that you are able to adjust the height of the seat, it has a tray with a removeable insert (which is dishwasher safe), and the seat padding is removable and machine washable.

After having the high chair for a good six months, we are very pleased with it's performance. We have washed the seat padding many times, and it still looks like new. I am realizing that the removeable insert is really not that awesome- both layers seem to get dirty with each mealtime, and I end up hand washing it anyways as we need it 2-3 times a day. We haven't used the adjustable height yet, but I look forward to being able to have him sit at the table with us once he gets a little better at eating. We also haven't used the basket underneath the seat- I don't really know what you would use it for :P It has been a great chair for us, and for the price was probably one of the best we could get.

Baby Trend High Chair has nice features, but is hard to clean!

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

I bought this highchair with my first child. I hadn't had the wisdom and experience of multiple children, so I thought this would work well for us. The highchair itself is adorable. It has a five point harness, a nice deep seat to fit older children as well, a reclining seat, adjustable height, and even folds up for storage. It also comes with dual trays, and the top snap-on tray is even dishwasher safe. I thought for sure this would be perfect.

How wrong I was!

I soon found out that infants like to play with their food. They spit it everywhere, mash it up, flick it, throw it, you name it. This super-cute highchair cover is pain to clean. I would have to pull the cover off completely (not easy), and wash it on delicate and then hang to dry. The stains always came out, but still. This is not something that is practical to do every day. And that wonderful safety feature- the five point harness? Yeah, that's impossible to get clean.

I ended up cutting the straps out of it, and using this for an older child (2 years old) instead of a booster seat, and buying a better designed highchair for the new baby.

Great chair for the price

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about Baby Trend High Chair:

I actually bought this high chair on a whim..My 1 year old daughter has been eating all of her meals from the seat in her exersaucer (we don't have a dining table), but I had been casually looking for a highchair to make toddler feedings a little easier. I came upon the Toys R US trade in event and decided to switch out my "pumpkin seat" carseat for a highchair, and it was certainly a great decision! This highchair has everything I could ever look for! The best, number 1, top-notch thing on this chair is the removable tray that attaches on top of the basic eating tray. The removable tray has dividers for you to put sippy cups, as well as different types of food for your baby. Once meal time is over, I simply remove the tray and either wash it by hand or stick it in the dishwasher! It only takes up as much room as a cookie sheet and is just as flat! I love that! Another great feature is what my husband and I call the food catcher at the bottom of the chair. It's actually a foot rest (I assume), but it's great at catching all the food my daughter drops while trying to eat. Makes clean up much easier. The only downside I can see on the chair so far is that the restraints are a little big..My daughter is 1 year old, 21 pounds, and the top belts are too loose even thought they're tightened all the way down. This doesn't bother me too much, though, since there's a bar in between her legs that stops her from sliding through the bottom. She actually prefers being unstrapped most of the time anyways. Other than that, the chair is great, especially for the price compared to other models with less features!