4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

I love this carseat!

I am a new grandparent and my daughter bought one of these carseats for her new son. Before buying it, she researched many different brands. After using hers, I went and got one for my car . My grandson loves it, fits well in it, and best of all, I feel he is in a seat that has a great safety rating. Even though it costs more than other seats, I feel the peace of mind is well worth the added cost!

pain in the butt

This car seat is the absoulute hardest thing to use. In order to put your child in the seat you have to push the big handle back like you do for every car seat, so you would think it wouldn't be that hard but on the Baby Trend Flex lock you have to have pretty strong hands to squezze the handle to release it back. This is about impossible to do. My husband a a pretty big strong guy and he had problems doing it. So when you get your child finally in the seat... you better forget about carrying the car seat around with your baby in it. It is sooo flipping heavy, I swore that my 12lbs baby and this car seat weighed over 50lbs. I would not recommend this to any one besides maybe a body builder with a kung foo grip.

I love it!!!!!

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

I love this car seat its comfortable and durable.By the looks of it it looks really sturdy and it can hold through been an infant. The base is super easy to install. Click twice into each of the car's two anchor points, then tug on each of the two straps to tighten the base. Also The seat has a dial to quickly adjust the seat height as the baby grows i Also like the triangular handle. I had an evenflo carseat and its much lighter so i ended up giving that one away and use this one overall its a great carseat

• Support and Safety:

Inexpensive and easy to use

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

I bought this car seat online when I was pregnant with my first child. It was very inexpensive but had pretty good reviews, so I decided it would be a good choice. The color scheme is really cute for a boy, and the design of the car seat is nice, too. I had never used a baby carrier before, so was surprised at how easy it was to use. I bought 2 bases, one for my vehicle and one for my husband's. The bases were easy to install after following the directions. When we put one of them in my mother-in-law's truck, however, it was kind of tricky. For older model vehicles you may need to consult your vehicle user's manual. Once the base is secured in your vehicle, the car seat simply clicks into place. It is extremely easy to take on and off the base. It didn't appear to be the absolute most comfortable place for my baby to be, but I don't know if any car seat really would be. He seemed safe and secure, and looked content every time I placed him in the seat. There were several occasions that he continued to sleep even after I brought him in the house in the carrier and set it on the floor. The shade is functional and decorative. The straps are sufficient. My only complaint about this car seat would be that if you have a tall child like mine, he will outgrow it very fast. As I mentioned, it was very inexpensive when I bought it, so it didn't bother me that I had to get a new car seat so soon. Overall, good purchase for a first car seat.

• Support and Safety:

One of the best carseats available

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

I received this car seat in pink at my baby shower before my daughter was born. I really enjoyed this car seat.

Ease of Installation
This seat was so very simple to install using the LATCH system. However, if you have an older model vehicle that does not have the latch system, this might not be the ideal car seat for you.

Child's Comfort
My daughter frequently slept in her car seat. I liked the fact that there was a shade visor that I could pull over her while she slept to assist in blocking out noise and light.

Support and Safety
I always felt one hundred percent confident in my daughters' safety while she was sitting in her seat.

This car seat was very easy to use. I found that after my daughter had a soiling accident, I was able to effectively take the car seat completely apart, wash all the fabric parts including the visor, and successfully put it all back together again.

I really liked the design. I had the pink and gray one. It went with the color scheme of our vehicle. It also fit easily into the top portion of grocery shopping carts, and even with perfectly into my Graco stroller.

• Support and Safety:

the best choice for safety

from Waynesville, OH

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

After doing months of research on the safest carseat available, I chose this and was glad I did. It was a little more expensive than other newborn carseats but it had the safest ratings and it had the Flex-Loc base feature. I bought 3 bases and installed them in my car, my parents' car, and my babysitter's car. This was very convenient because the seat snapped in and out of the bases with zero installation time and stayed locked in place very securely. Switching a base to a different car was quite a hassle though, especially if it was an older car without the anchors. Also I found the straps difficult to use, they were constantly twisting and impossible to adjust length quickly. The handle was difficult to switch from the up and down positions, but it seemed much sturdier than other carseat handles, and the top is a triangle shape that makes it easier to carry at your side. When I bought this carseat it came with a stroller that the carseat snapped into and the stoller is absolutely wonderful, perfect in every way.

Great Carseat!

from Salem, OR

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

Like the other review the consumer reports came out right before making a purchase for a new car seat for baby #3 beginning of 2007. This carseat was amoung the highest rated with a decent price. I have been very happy with this seat. Its easy to wipe clean, and easy to carry. I love the lime green color- I think its great for boy or girl..but I think its a preferred color for a boy, another color option may be nice. But I wouldn't say its that important. I have been very satisfied with this seat and my almost 10 month old seems comfortable in it. He fits very well in it. I love how easy it is to adjust especially how some clothes are bulkier then others, it can be easily adjusted to fit snug. I also noticed that my handle tends to move when in the locked position, but I don't think it has anything to do with the overall safety with the seat. My handle is starting to peel a little with excessive use, which I didn't expect. Overall we have been very satisfied with this!

Easy to adjust infant seat

from Brookings, OR

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

We werer buying a car seat for my daughter when those Consumer Reports came out in late 2006 early 2007.  This car seat was already one of my top 3 choices, and the report set it in stone that this was the one I wanted.  When it came I was mostly satisfied.  My daughter fit well in it, and it was very easy to adjust to the proper size.  The color scheme is very neutral, so it works great for either a boy or a girl.  The handle on the carrier does wiggle a bit when in the locked posistion which worried me a little, but the replacement they sent me did the same thing, so I kept the one I had originally.  I have been using this seat for 10 months now, and still love it.  The shade can move to cover her from the suns rays at any angle.  I will be keeping this seat to use with future children!

Love It & Don't

from Peyton, CO

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

We bought the baby trend because of the stroller frame! I love the ease of install with the quick latches! That is awesome. It does kind of scare me that it's so easy though. The only real complaint I have about it that it is SO big. Both in a corolla and in a explorer you have to move the passenger seat up to install the car seat. And even then the handle doesn't go all the way back as it should. Tightening and loosening is a breeze and even the shoulder adjustment is a simple dial you turn on the back of the seat! Ingenious that is! I also like the triangle handle. The adjustment on the base is nice for going from one type of car to another and the carseat fits on highchairs wonderfully. Shopping carts? Well that all depends on the cart. Great car seat though!

Too heavy!!!

from Midland, TX

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

I bought this car seat when I was pregnant with my daughter and when she was born we used it a total of 4 weeks and I took it back to where we bought it and they refunded the amount. I hated it!!! It was so heavy, even when she was only 8 pounds it was hard to carry. And I hated the latch being at the foot of the car seat which made it difficult to unlatch. I couldn't have been more happier to get rid of it!!

Baby Trend Gabriella is a beautiful seat w/ outstanding features

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

Our youngest baby had this Baby Trend Gariella carseat. The first feature that made us absolutely love this one is that she was born prematurely and this seat adjusted small enough to meet the requirements for her to leave the hospital in it! The adjustment of the seat is incredibly simple, you twist a knob in the back the seat goes up or down to adjust. No messing with straps and its adjusted in a matter of seconds! The car seats handle is a traingular shape which we loved because could switch our grip on the handle to make it easier to carry if our arm started to get tired. The seat itself felt decently comfortable and the colors and pattern are very subdue but still beautiful for a little girl. This was also an easy seat to spot clean and keep looking nice! The seats base, the part that stays in the car, is thinner than most so if you have multiple car seats in your backseat then you will love this! It is super easy to snap the carseat into the base and the base has 3 height adustments to control how much your baby is tilted in the car. The one flaw I would say is that the latch to remove the carseat fromt the base is in the front of the seat instead of the rear making it almost impossible to get it out easily in a 2 door car.

Love the handle

from Portland, OR

Comments about Baby Trend Flex-Loc Infant Car Seat:

I have used this carseat with both my granddaughter and my twin nephews. Overall it is a good system. I really like the triangle handle on the baby trend carseats. It makes them very easy to carry naturally while other brands are often awkward, even if they have ergonomic handles. The one thing I don't like about this seat is the buckle. You have to overlap the two sides before pressing them into the buckle part. It can be very hard with a squirmy baby to keep the two sides overlapped just right to make them snap in. I often struggled to get the thing clasped. I prefer the kind of clasp that lets you snap in each side of the buckle individually. However, each carseat seems to have one down-side. I do like the upper snapping mechanism on this carseat and the bases are easy to use. So, overall I think it a good choice. It is nice that it is in a middle price range as well. The ones I have used have held up well to use and continued to look good after the baby moves on to the next size. A good all around value.